Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroin Overdose Epidemic - what is your perspective?

This am about 00:30... dude passed out in the front seat of the car at a gas station. Pissed himself, and ice cold. Female with him says he added some morphine on top of the heroin because his girlfriend broke up him.

When we got back to the firehouse to restock, the city apparently decided to buy a completely different narcan brand and administration applicator without telling any of the line personnel. Evidently were going through it faster than anticipated.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Pennsylvania officer accidentally overdoses while searching suspect's car - Fox News

https://apple.news/Aa5Kof4GBRP-MQMc9F9T9Ag

This is crazy. Stay safe out there all you guys in blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Pennsylvania officer accidentally overdoses while searching suspect's car - Fox News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This happens more often than covered.

We've had several officers go to the ER after passing out due to narc testing. As j stated before we wear masks now.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This happens more often than covered.

We've had several officers go to the ER after passing out due to narc testing. As j stated before we wear masks now.
    UK police get a little belt pouch, just about boo boo pouch size, with a pre-packed insert containing rubber gloves, mouth to mouth shield and a surgical mask. Used when anywhere near narcotics or bodily fluids, in my nick they kept a box full of them in the charge room and behind the front desk so you could just grab another when needed. A lot of the guys I knew used to buy sharps/needle resistant gloves and also a pack of better masks from the UK equivalent of Home Depot and keep them in their vehicle bag.

Biggest problem in the UK is still drunks (I hate it when they pass out and piss/shit themselves) and then I suppose it is really ecstasy amongst the college age teens, along with weed - they mainly come in from Holland. I never came across heroin, some coke yes, and abuse of parents prescription meds, but yeah, still mainly a booze culture which is available in euro-land from 18 years old in most places.

Take care out there.
    Last edited by Chuteur; 05-30-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Of course I concur, I swore an oath and I will do everything in my power to uphold that oath, especially trying to save people who do not want to save themselves, in some cases more than once.

I just wish the politicians and top brass would invest in preventative measures like education, stiffer sentencing and better narcotics related investigatory training for LE rather than whatever you would call narcan in this current application...
    It goes much deeper than that here in the US. The whole culture requires you to work longer hours, both parents working to meet costs means kids are on their own after school finishes at anywhere from 2.30 to 3.45 and parents are not around till 5pm or 6pm, 7pm in the case of some of the commuter parents of my son's friends. Kids get bored and start to experiment, and that is where it begins.

UK school starts a bit later, finishes a bit later and the working week is 35 hours to 37 hours, with around 25 days holiday a year plus public holidays - giving more family time and less time for unsupervised kids to get in trouble.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuteur View Post
    It goes much deeper than that here in the US. The whole culture requires you to work longer hours, both parents working to meet costs means kids are on their own after school finishes at anywhere from 2.30 to 3.45 and parents are not around till 5pm or 6pm, 7pm in the case of some of the commuter parents of my son's friends. Kids get bored and start to experiment, and that is where it begins.

UK school starts a bit later, finishes a bit later and the working week is 35 hours to 37 hours, with around 25 days holiday a year plus public holidays - giving more family time and less time for unsupervised kids to get in trouble.

My friend, you've nailed it. Let's pray the future will be the UK'S way coming here, rather than the USA exporting our bs to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post

this occurred about 2 miles from my parents house. This road has been used to run drugs between two major highways forever. its located in the middle of nowhere and only runs through a few small towns. Local police only have a handful of officers and rest is covered by state police, who have a barracks there but its only staffed part time.
    Last edited by butler coach; 05-31-2017 at 07:58 AM.

I'm sure it's been said before, but if you make narcan illegal the problem partially solves itself.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'm sure it's been said before, but if you make narcan illegal the problem partially solves itself.
    This statement is very easy to make when it is not your loved one(s) affected by opioid addiction.

User Tag List