Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroin Overdose Epidemic - what is your perspective?

We’re not seeing as many ODs now. Most of the junkies switched to meth. It’s safer

We’re seeing a resurgence of black tar heroin for the long time heroin junkies.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Due to whatever reason varying from the destruction in Puerto Rico, corporate incompetence, or the DEAs clamping down on production of narcotics, I used the last dose of morphine in the hospital on a hospice patient.

Correction...the last dose of morphine in my 700+ bed hospital.

Patient is in agony...other meds just don't help the air hunger like morphine sulfate IVP. Fucking bullshit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    We’re not seeing as many ODs now. Most of the junkies switched to meth. It’s safer

We've had users tell us that too

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

We’re seeing a resurgence of black tar heroin for the long time heroin junkies.
    Us too. Never thought i'd be glad to see tweakers again. Between the needles and fentanyl/carfentanil powders, cheap hecho en mexico meth ain't so bad.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    .....cheap hecho en mexico meth ain't so bad.
    Seeing a lot of that up here. Safer than making it themselves.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Law Enforcement was so much simpler 30 years ago when our big problems were powder cocaine, barbiturates and the occasional batch of LSD.

(PCP never became popular around here. Which is good)(The Club drugs were a big thing 15 or 20 years ago but that has faded)(Big problem with meth in the north-western part of the state)

I've only dealt with a few heroin overdoses. More frequent have been guys whacked out after smoking some kind of synthetic marijuana.

Nobody has tried to eat anybody's face off or anything.

I can understand how somebody might fall into the trap of abusing pain medication after an injury or something. And I absolutely understand how people attempt to self medicate to deal with issues like bipolar disorder. Or how they begin to enjoy the high created by powder cocaine.

Absent those factors, I have a hard time personally understanding sticking a needle in your arm to shoot up with heroin.
    Last edited by Jeff22; 06-15-2018 at 03:29 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    We're seeing lots of meth in our patients lately. Not sure what it is. Heroin has never been as big out here as other places, but meth went from big to bigger.

Now we are getting meth mixed with fentanyl. Once a reversal is given to treat the apparent opioid overdose, it's all out meth madness. It can also cause insanity that last for days. Good times, good times.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Heroin Overdose Epidemic - what is your perspective?

Heroin, pills, subutex film, meth, fentanyl. We got it all here. Being on an interstate highway means that we end up inadvertently stopping both supply lines and professional users.

I carry Narcan in my vest. Not for OD’s so much but as self-aid or buddy aid if one of us gets a lungful of aerosolized fentanyl.
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 06-18-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    We're seeing lots of meth in our patients lately. Not sure what it is. Heroin has never been as big out here as other places, but meth went from big to bigger.
    Meth has exploded here this year. It's cheap, it's the new thing, Bubba can make it in his trailer and not have to worry about getting shot by Detroit dealers, etc.

User Tag List