Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Voting on Whether to Stay/Leave EU Today

Google is indicating the vote is over and exit wins. A historic vote for sure. S&P500 futures down about 4.8% ...

Geert Weilders, the Dutch parliamentary party leader, has called for the Netherlands to hold a referendum on its EU membership.
    Last edited by Skeeter; 06-24-2016 at 12:37 AM.

I came home from work cautiously optimistic.
    Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce | Reuters
    Got home, checked the new, and scared the cats with the celebratory whoop I let out.

Maybe I'll be able to visit the ancestral home after all. (Although the last time a relative went back he found the Andy Capp "Bugger Off!" carpet was laid for American relatives. Guess the anti-social thing is hereditary...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I'd say it's an ignorant outlook to an international issue that effects every civilized country.

The way Obama was beating the people of Blighty with the threat of "going to the end of the line when it comes to US handouts", everything short of sanctions, should have convinced everyone that the Leave vote was a Good Idea.

The damned EU is talking about requiring businesses to pay social security (equivalent) for "robotic workers."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Brexit PASSES - Cameron resigns

Never thought it would actually happen.

Amazing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...otes-to-leave/

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/wh...t-after-brexit

"What to Expect After the Brexit is republished with permission of Stratfor."
    Last edited by SteveB; 06-24-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Site Supporter
    Buncha cheeky bastards...I didn't expect such moxie.

The EU is pretty much done.

Gonna be a wild ride in markets trying figure out the currency implications.
    Greece is still a zombie nation as far as financial considerations.
    Other countries are gonna pull up a referendum now.

I seriously gave this about a 0.01% chance of happening.

It turns out that being ruled by people in foreign lands, separated by a body of water kinda sucks....

You'd think they would have learned that a couple hundred years or so ago....

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Cameron is quitting, and Scotland is already talking about another independence vote. If I was following it correctly, Scotland was almost uniformly against leaving, so I guess that makes sense.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List