Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: UK Voting on Whether to Stay/Leave EU Today

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's getting shared with my coworkers.

Chris

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There's a lesson there for Democrats as well- remember who brought you to the dance, and don't go chasing.

Labour forgot it's core constituency of working class people, and went hard Left to appeal to the far more glamorous Radical Chic Urban Elite- and lost.

The Democratic party is doing something very similar.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Real politicans told HRC that but she listened to Robby Mook and his analytics. Thus they lost the three key states and Donald got the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Real politicans told HRC that but she listened to Robby Mook and his analytics. Thus they lost the three key states and Donald got the job.
    No shit. She ignored Bill Clinton!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    No shit. She ignored Bill Clinton!
    Worse- she believed her own propaganda.
    I'm still frightened that she came that close to power.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The UK leaves the EU at 23:00 GMT. BBC has moment-to-moment coverage, just in case moment-to-moment coverage is needed.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The UK leaves the EU at 23:00 GMT. BBC has moment-to-moment coverage, just in case moment-to-moment coverage is needed.
    Is there a ceremony? Does the UK have a key or some token they'll be giving back?

Seems about as exciting as moment to moment coverage of the transition to/from daylight savings time, unless I'm just ill informed.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Well, if your ideal of Utopia is a giant, elitist internationalist bureaucracy micromanaging every single aspect of your life, and taxing you heavily for the privilege, then it's a dark day indeed.

User Tag List