Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Voting on Whether to Stay/Leave EU Today

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

UK Voting on Whether to Stay/Leave EU Today

The Brexit vote is underway. From BBC News:

Voting is under way in a historic referendum on whether the UK should remain a member of the European Union or leave.

A record 46,499,537 people are entitled to take part, according to provisional figures from the Electoral Commission.

Polling stations opened at 07:00 BST and will close at 22:00 BST.

It is only the third nationwide referendum in UK history and comes after a four-month battle for votes between the Leave and Remain campaigns.

The referendum ballot paper asks the following question: "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?"

Whichever side gets more than half of all votes cast is considered to have won.
    I'm wagering 'remain', at least for now.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Brexit vote is underway. From BBC News:

I'm wagering 'remain', at least for now.
    Let's hope it's "Leave." I have family in UK and unlimited immigration from shit-hole EU countries like Romania is already straining the social services and schools. It will only get worse.

They need to leave. Whether they actually value the benefits vs keeping their head in the sand remains to be seen.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Leave. Let the bureaucrats fall where they may.
    And Texas should secede too. Not that anyone asked.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Daniel Hannan: Fire me! | Power Line

For those not in the know, Daniel Hannan is Member of European Parliament for the South East England. He and Nigel Farrage have been accused of forming the British Tea Party...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    He and Nigel Farrage have been accused of forming the British Tea Party...
    That's funny. All the liberals I follow on social media are speaking out against the Brexit, which naturally makes me think it's a good idea.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I'd like to see a "leave" vote but in my experience, in all close-run elections, the safe bet is the safe bet.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

BBC World Service radio news. Theres a listen live button.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldserviceradio

Site Supporter
    I've studied this issue for all of five seconds. From this distance, it looks to me that the other EU partners are pulling England down so I'd think they would want to get out. But not my circus, not my monkeys. I don't appreciate it when Piers Morgan tells me how to run my country, so I'll keep my yap shut about how they should run theirs.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 06-23-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    BBC World Service radio news. Theres a listen live button.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldserviceradio
    Listening to this is like a lullaby, and I'm not even paying attention to what they're saying.

User Tag List