Page 95 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_B View Post
    My LTT with full set of Spartans hits POA/POI with Fiocchi 115s. That’s based on a single range trip so far, 160 rounds at distances to 10 yards, shooting freestyle only.

This is my first 92, and it’s an amazing gun. I didn’t shoot it as well as my PX4CC mod 5, but I have many more rounds through that pistol.
    Any chance you can take a set of calipers to the front sight and tell me its dimensions?

Thank you
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I found the Spartans to hit behind the dot at 10 yards all day.

Sorry for the slow response, here's what I came up with for Spartan front dimensions:

W: 0.145
    H: 0.165 (from top of sight base)

Hope that helps.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    @LangdonTactical Ernie do you have any inclination to do an LTT Elite with a Centurion length slide? Or a Compact?
    Not sure I want to answer that just yet. If you were me, and maybe a logical kind of guy, would you already be working on that and have been thinking that way for a long time?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Not sure I want to answer that just yet. If you were me, and maybe a logical kind of guy, would you already be working on that and have been thinking that way for a long time?
    *Ear to ear grinning*

Hopefully it won't take as long to get another project rolling.

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! Yes! Awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Yes! Yes! Awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Don't get your hopes up just yet. The Elite LTT sales are not nearly as high as expected. If things do not turn around and the numbers go up pretty soon, we will have to see if Beretta keeps listening to me. I suspect a lot of people are not putting their money where their mouth is on this gun. They say it is the gun that they want, but only if they can get the super good guy bargain deal off Gunbroker or some other dealer that is selling them under MAP pricing. Seems to be the way people like to buy things in this industry. I see the same thing going on with the PX4 Compact Carry on this very forum.

To be honest it makes me sad and makes me wonder if it is worth it sometimes. The "that's what I want, but I am not going to buy unless I can get it for $75 under MAP pricing" seems to be a thing here.

Not exactly the way to incentivize a company to listen to their customers.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 09-06-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Don't get your hopes up just yet. The Elite LTT sales are not nearly as high as expected. If things do not turn around and the numbers go up pretty soon, we will have to see if Beretta keeps listening to me. I suspect a lot of people are not putting their money where their mouth is on this gun. They say it is the gun that they want, but only if they can get the super good guy bargain deal off Gunbroker or some other dealer that is selling them under MAP pricing. Seems to be the way people like to buy things in this industry. I see the same thing going on with the PX4 Compact Carry on this very forum.

To be honest it makes me sad and makes me wonder if it is worth it sometimes. The "that's what I want, but I am not going to buy unless I can get it for $75 under MAP pricing" seems to be a thing here.

That's definitely going on and not just in firearms. Even if you're damn near giving something away there's a guy who wants to beat you down for five more dollars.

I also believe that at the $1K or greater price range the market narrows significantly. I don't pretend to understand business or the number Beretta needs to sell for an item to be profitable, but there was a market for stiffly priced used Elites, so new Elites should sell. Perhaps some corporate patience is in order, if that's possible. Or maybe it was a bad business idea from the start.

Thanks for trying. Thanks for making parts available.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter

Ernest-
    I’m really sorry to hear that the sales haven’t been as high as you’d hoped. Do you know how it compares the those for the original Elite I, and later Elite II in their first few months? I know those guns are fairly legendary in the Beretta community now, but I wonder how soon the word got out during initial production…

FWIW, I love my LTT Elite, and did my best to “put my money where my mouth was” when it finally became available.

Edited to add:

Also FWIW- I think I’m your target audience for this gun (Beretta lover, competitive shooter, financially able to buy the LTT Elite). My awareness that the gun even exists is through THIS forum. I’ve also seen it mentioned on Beretta Forum, after it’s release. I just checked, and the LTT Elite is listed on the Beretta USA webpage, but listed after most of the other M9/92s, and after the PX4s, with no thumbnail photo with the link.
    What I’m getting at, is that I’m afraid that the LTT Elite has had fairly low exposure to the larger population of handgun buyers. I’m not a marketing guy, so I won’t try to recommend a solution. And I wish you great success with this venture.
    Just wanted to let you know looks like from “out here” in the sea of consumers.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 09-06-2018 at 11:17 AM.

User Tag List