Page 87 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrice View Post
    The Wilson looks every so slightly wider. Which sight picture works better to you? The Spartans are a square notch and the Wilsons are U notch. I think stock Beretta 92 rear site height is .270, but I would think the Brig slide probably uses something taller. Does anyone know the height on the LTT?
    I personally like the Spartan sights on the Elite LTT much better. For me personally I think it is just the combination of the brighter front sight (to my eyes, anyway) and the square notch. On the Wilson BT, the white from sight is not as visible to me in daylight, and in low light the tritium insert is rather dim for my liking compared to the Ameriglo Spartan front sight on the Elite LTT. As far as POA/POI this gun shoots exactly where I expect it to. I don't know if Langdon Tactical "sighted them in" when they installed them, but I find for me the shot goes right where I want/expect it to as long as I'm doing my part.

Just a few other observations and comments while we are all sharing

Put 275 rounds through it without a single issue. Various loads including Winchester White Box, Walmart Federal FMJ 115g, and a handful of other +p, 124g, and hollow points from Federal, Remington and Fiocchi.
    Ordered mine May 3, and didn't request a specific serial number. Got a number just under 200, so I was very pleased. As NCROCKCLIMB stated, I also am not a gun collector and only buy what I am going to shoot, but having a relatively low serial was just icing on a already very tasty cake for me. I purchased the LTT Trigger job and I am very happy with the results. I had the action tune done to my Wilson BT when I ordered it, and the Elite LTT is still so much smoother. Well worth it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Appropriate since we're on the topic of sights: My Elite LTT slide slid off my work bench this morning, landing on the front sight and breaking it (totally my fault). I've ordered a set of spartans to replace it. My question is, will the spartan front work with the standard Elite LTT rear sight (which I like, being all blacked out)? Or will I need to put in the spartan rear to get an appropriate zero? I feel like Ernest did a video clip on this a ways back, but I haven't been able to find it on his social media anywhere.
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post774579

Wilson Rear Sight
    Dawson Fiber Optic Front sight
    From that post:

From here: http://www.langdontactical.com/ameri...hts-elite-ltt/
    Available as a set or Front Sight Only. If you want the Front Sight Only, you must combine with a Wilson Combat Battlesight Rear for proper Point of Impact.

Unsure if Wilson has more then one rear. Hopefully this will help some.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post774579

Wilson Rear Sight
    Dawson Fiber Optic Front sight
    From that post:

From here: http://www.langdontactical.com/ameri...hts-elite-ltt/
    Available as a set or Front Sight Only. If you want the Front Sight Only, you must combine with a Wilson Combat Battlesight Rear for proper Point of Impact.

Unsure if Wilson has more then one rear. Hopefully this will help some.
    Unfortunately that doesn't answer the question precisely, although I do appreciate the help! Really, I just need to figure out if the rear height and notch width between the two are the same/similar. . . and thats an answer I will find out once my full set of spartans arrives. . . I'm just being impatient. Saying that the Spartan front requires the wilson battlesight rear isn't helpful (as you noted) as that rear comes in different height options (.270, .290 etc)

Unfortunately that doesn't answer the question precisely, although I do appreciate the help! Really, I just need to figure out if the rear height and notch width between the two are the same/similar. . . and thats an answer I will find out once my full set of spartans arrives. . . I'm just being impatient. Saying that the Spartan front requires the wilson battlesight rear isn't helpful (as you noted) as that rear comes in different height options (.270, .290 etc)
    I have a Vertec slide that has a Spartan front paired with a Pepperoni/Wilson (square notch) rear:

632SQ-S Wilson Combat Battlesight, Flat Square Notch, Serrated, .290

This setup provides a drive-the-dot sight picture for my gun. In terms of width, I see bars of light on both sides of the front sight at extension, and I find the setup to be a good balance between speed and accuracy. For those with the PX4C/C Ameriglo sights, it's a similar sight picture, but with a round orange front rather than square. I like it and would recommend it.

Appropriate since we're on the topic of sights: My Elite LTT slide slid off my work bench this morning, landing on the front sight and breaking it (totally my fault). I've ordered a set of spartans to replace it. My question is, will the spartan front work with the standard Elite LTT rear sight (which I like, being all blacked out)? Or will I need to put in the spartan rear to get an appropriate zero? I feel like Ernest did a video clip on this a ways back, but I haven't been able to find it on his social media anywhere.
    Lots of questions here on this thread on sights. First things first, we need to isolate that we are talking about the Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT slide. The Brigadier has a different deck hight and will not be the same, nor will the standard slide or any PX4 variant. They are not all the same. The dovetails are all the same on the 92 rear sights, so you can swap sights around, but they may not give you the correct point of impact.

Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT Rear sights;

Height / Notch
    Standard .290"/ .150"
    Elite LTT .290"/ .145"
    Spartan .300" / .155"
    Wilson .300 .300" / .150"
    LesPep Wilson .305" / .150"

Keep in mind that all of these are production sights and the measurments can be off by +- .003" on any of them depending on when they come off the machine.

Also, the Wilson rears have several other hights up to a .310" tall and all the way down to the standard 92 .270" height. So you have the option to make the gun really hit where you want.

The make the square notch in a couple differnt heights as well I believe.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Lots of questions here on this thread on sights. First things first, we need to isolate that we are talking about the Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT slide. The Brigadier has a different deck hight and will not be the same, nor will the standard slide or any PX4 variant. They are not all the same. The dovetails are all the same on the 92 rear sights, so you can swap sights around, but they may not give you the correct point of impact.

Height / Notch
    Standard .290"/ .150"
    Elite LTT .290"/ .145"
    Spartan .300" / .155"

Keep in mind that all of these are production sights and the measurments can be off by +- .003" on any of them depending on when they come off the machine.

Also, the Wilson rears have several other hights up to a .310" tall and all the way down to the standard 92 .270" height. So you have the option to make the gun really hit where you want.

Sorry about the format. I looked way better before I posted it.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Awesome Customer Service

Langdon Tactical has really impressed me so far!

I placed my order yesterday around 3:30. I had a few notes / questions about spring weights and sights. Aimee called me within a few minutes of me hitting send. She was great to work with and we finalized the details of my order on the phone. I just got notified that Fed Ex picked up my order and it will reach my FFL for transfer tomorrow. Wow. That is awesome.

If the pistol is anywhere close to being as good as the customer service, I am going to have a new favorite 9mm.

Site Supporter

Front sights info?

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

Height / Notch
    Standard .290"/ .150"
    Elite LTT .290"/ .145"
    Spartan .300" / .155"

Thanks very much, Ernest!

Could I trouble you for the similar front sight data for the dovetailed Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT slides?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thanks very much, Ernest!

Could I trouble you for the similar front sight data for the dovetailed Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT slides?
    Yeah, I can try to put that together soon. More measuring with a caliper
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I got my new LTT 92 today. I have yet to fire it, and have done a little more than hold it and try fire it a few times. At this point, all I can say is “WOW!” There’s a lot to like about this pistol, but the thing that jumped out at me Immediately was the quality of the trigger.

I have a few hours of work to do at the office tomorrow. Afterwards, I hope to go by the range and fire at least a few magazines. Expect more post and a longer review later

User Tag List