Page 83 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Picked up mine tonight.

Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by ncrockclimb View Post
    Is it just me or does Beretta have THE MOST confusing model nomenclature out there. I am trying to figure what is what, and it is not (at least to me) at all intuitive.
    It's part of the fun with Pizza Guns! This Lucky Gunner: Evolution of the Beretta 92 chart and article will either help or utterly confuse you. It's not too dated, though it predates the Langdon Elite, and I take issue with the line connecting the M9A1 and 92A1. Still, it captures a great deal of information and is a good place to start. If you really want to dive into the deep end, the Beretta Forum FAQ on the 92 has a family tree that is far more comprehensive.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-10-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Also....I have a Wilson mag guide enroute from Langdon Tactical. I really like them, especially with the extended magazines.
    DB- I had a Wilson mag guide on my Centurian for a little while... I run Elite-type rubber base plates on all my mags, and I found that under recoil, the mag guide and base plate would each shift just enough to hang up and prevent an empty mag from dropping free. It happened 2-3 times per practice session for awhile before I figured out what was causing it. I tried filing the back of the base plates down, to no gain.
    In the end, I took the mag guide off. It’s cool, but seemed to be an either-or proposition with the Elite base plates. I’ll be interested to hear whether there’s any issue with the 20-rd Med-Gars.

Gyro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    UM, GLOCK?
    No joke.

I've lost count of how many time I've heard folks in gun stores flummoxed, some to the point of visible irritation, that the G22 isn't a 22 caliber pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It's part of the fun with Pizza Guns! This Lucky Gunner: Evolution of the Beretta 92 chart and article will either help or utterly confuse you. It's not too dated, though it predates the Langdon Elite, and I take issue with the line connecting the M9A1 and 92A1. Still, it captures a great deal of information and is a good place to start. If you really want to dive into the deep end, the Beretta Forum FAQ on the 92 has a family tree that is far more comprehensive.

That's a pretty good chart. For the exhaustive (and largly community/peer reviewed) version go here: http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98238

The main differences to recognize (and the ones that impact name) are G, FS, Vertec, Brigadier.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    DB- I had a Wilson mag guide on my Centurian for a little while... I run Elite-type rubber base plates on all my mags, and I found that under recoil, the mag guide and base plate would each shift just enough to hang up and prevent an empty mag from dropping free. It happened 2-3 times per practice session for awhile before I figured out what was causing it. I tried filing the back of the base plates down, to no gain.
    In the end, I took the mag guide off. It’s cool, but seemed to be an either-or proposition with the Elite base plates. I’ll be interested to hear whether there’s any issue with the 20-rd Med-Gars.

Gyro
    I have had zero issues with any of the hard base pads. The Beretta 17’s and the Mecgar 18’s and 20’s have all been problem free. I find the big bases on the Mecgar 20’s and the mag guide combine well for a positive reload. I treat the out of battery reload as a shooter induced malfunction. I am looking to solve the problem quickly, but when this occurs in the wild versus the range it can get pretty convoluted with a lot of potential for Murphy. The big Mecgar and the Mag Guide simply help make things cleaner for a positive resolution of a problem under stress.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    No joke.

I've lost count of how many time I've heard folks in gun stores flummoxed, some to the point of visible irritation, that the G22 isn't a 22 caliber pistol.
    They should have played on that and made the G40 a .22. Instead they made it a .40.... kind of.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have had zero issues with any of the hard base pads. The Beretta 17’s and the Mecgar 18’s and 20’s have all been problem free. I find the big bases on the Mecgar 20’s and the mag guide combine well for a positive reload. I treat the out of battery reload as a shooter induced malfunction. I am looking to solve the problem quickly, but when this occurs in the wild versus the range it can get pretty convoluted with a lot of potential for Murphy. The big Mecgar and the Mag Guide simply help make things cleaner for a positive resolution of a problem under stress.
    DB-
    Yes, I like the rubber bases for the same reason that you like the big bases on the MecGar 20s. I didn’t mean to muddle the issue by writing “empty mags.”
    My message was just:
    “Head’s up- I’ve had interference issues with big baseplates and the Wilson Mag Guide.”

Hope it works well for you, but if you have a mag hang up when you’re trying to eject it, look at that interface. I looked for interference in the mag well, and from the mag release button, before discovering the source of the problem.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 08-11-2018 at 05:34 PM.

My preference still runs to the Mec-Gar 18 round anti-friction magazines, particularly if the identically made but lower priced "OEM" SKU is available. I bought a number of the latter a few years back when they were available for something like $17/each and haven't looked back. Though my experience is a bit dated now, I found the 17 round Beretta OEM base pads easily cracked, and posted about it previously. I don't know if Beretta has improved the base pad or changed the material or if I just had a run of bad luck, because I only have bought the Mec-Gar magazines since that experience.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    My preference still runs to the Mec-Gar 18 round anti-friction magazines, particularly if the identically made but lower priced "OEM" SKU is available. I bought a number of the latter a few years back when they were available for something like $17/each and haven't looked back. Though my experience is a bit dated now, I found the 17 round Beretta OEM base pads easily cracked, and posted about it previously. I don't know if Beretta has improved the base pad or changed the material or if I just had a run of bad luck, because I only have bought the Mec-Gar magazines since that experience.
    Your report on the 17's made me relegate mine to range use only, where I proceeded to beat the crap out of them. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue you had with my normal use. I dunno if you had bad luck or not, I still use OEM 15 rounders or MecGar 18's for defense tho.

User Tag List