Page 70 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

First range trip with #63 today! Also took to the range my P226 SAO Legion, P320 VTAC and Centurion Tactical.

As expected the pistol ran 100% with SIG Elite 115 gr ball and UMC 115 gr, probably 100 rounds or so. Very soft shooting and quick to return to target as expected. I really like the sights! The front sight really pops and it is a fast to acquire sight picture.

I hadn't been to the range in a couple of months so my results have to be graded with that in mind. Having said that I shot the LTT very well!

Grips and trigger: This isn't a criticism of the pistol, but a recognition that I have a personal issue with a trigger, particularly a DA trigger that breaks very close to the frame, and the LTT trigger broke much closer to the frame than my Cen Tac with the action tune. I actually gave up on a SIG SP2022 that I had sunk some money into because I just couldn't shoot it very well because of this very issue. While the LTT trigger was incredibly smooth it was noticeably heavier than the Cen Tac, although smoother. FYI, I should note that I have experienced a few light primer strikes in DA shooting WWB with the Cen Tac, probably as a result of a light mainspring and a bit less hammer arc, which I doubt would happen with the LTT. It seemed to me that the Cen Tac grips were a slightly better fit also, although that may be partly due to the issues I had with the trigger travel. They bit into my hands very well without being painful and I had no sign of the pistol moving in my hand so maybe I need to give them a little more time (I bought a set of dark cherry and they look great BTW...).

Having said all that I shot the LTT VERY WELL!! I just had to struggle and concentrate a bit while shooting DA. Worth noting also that the SA trigger put my SAO Legion to shame! Very crisp and smooth. The trigger job is well worth the money IMHO. My specific issues are personal ones due to having beat the hell out of my hands for almost 35 years working as a mechanic, and nothing inherent with the pistol. Langdon Tactical specced out an OUTSTANDING pistol, an awesome version of the Beretta 92. If you are on the fence don't hesitate. You won't be sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    First range trip with #63 today! Also took to the range my P226 SAO Legion, P320 VTAC and Centurion Tactical.

As expected the pistol ran 100% with SIG Elite 115 gr ball and UMC 115 gr, probably 100 rounds or so. Very soft shooting and quick to return to target as expected. I really like the sights! The front sight really pops and it is a fast to acquire sight picture.

I hadn't been to the range in a couple of months so my results have to be graded with that in mind. Having said that I shot the LTT very well!

Grips and trigger: This isn't a criticism of the pistol, but a recognition that I have a personal issue with a trigger, particularly a DA trigger that breaks very close to the frame, and the LTT trigger broke much closer to the frame than my Cen Tac with the action tune. I actually gave up on a SIG SP2022 that I had sunk some money into because I just couldn't shoot it very well because of this very issue. While the LTT trigger was incredibly smooth it was noticeably heavier than the Cen Tac, although smoother. FYI, I should note that I have experienced a few light primer strikes in DA shooting WWB with the Cen Tac, probably as a result of a light mainspring and a bit less hammer arc, which I doubt would happen with the LTT. It seemed to me that the Cen Tac grips were a slightly better fit also, although that may be partly due to the issues I had with the trigger travel. They bit into my hands very well without being painful and I had no sign of the pistol moving in my hand so maybe I need to give them a little more time (I bought a set of dark cherry and they look great BTW...).

Having said all that I shot the LTT VERY WELL!! I just had to struggle and concentrate a bit while shooting DA. Worth noting also that the SA trigger put my SAO Legion to shame! Very crisp and smooth. The trigger job is well worth the money IMHO. My specific issues are personal ones due to having beat the hell out of my hands for almost 35 years working as a mechanic, and nothing inherent with the pistol. Langdon Tactical specced out an OUTSTANDING pistol, an awesome version of the Beretta 92. If you are on the fence don't hesitate. You won't be sorry!
    Likely what your running into is the DA breaks in a different spot on the LTT gun than on the CenTac. The LTT trigger job gun has the Wilson trigger bar, so the DA should break at almost the same spot as the SA. The CenTac trigger breaks earlier in the pull than the LTT gun, before the spot where the SA breaks. So if you get used to that, you can easily start to anticipate the shot in DA, as your brain thinks the gun is going to go bang at that point, when switching to the LTT gun from the CenTac gun. I hope this makes sense, but it falls into the "ask me how I know" category of things. That is the biggest issue I have switching around from DA platform to another DA platform.

Glad you like the gun, thanks for the kind words.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I much prefer the later in the DA pull hammer fall and find myself dreaming of way to get a a px4 to do the same.
    Last edited by Duke; 07-21-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Likely what your running into is the DA breaks in a different spot on the LTT gun than on the CenTac. The LTT trigger job gun has the Wilson trigger bar, so the DA should break at almost the same spot as the SA. The CenTac trigger breaks earlier in the pull than the LTT gun, before the spot where the SA breaks. So if you get used to that, you can easily start to anticipate the shot in DA, as your brain thinks the gun is going to go bang at that point, when switching to the LTT gun from the CenTac gun. I hope this makes sense, but it falls into the "ask me how I know" category of things. That is the biggest issue I have switching around from DA platform to another DA platform.

Glad you like the gun, thanks for the kind words.
    Thank you for taking your time to reply! IMHO this kind of personal participation by a company is a huge benefit of buying from a smaller manufacturer, and is a privilege! Thank you also for providing your personal experience. As I think I stated I tend to shoot several different pistols when I do make it to the range so becoming really proficient with one in particular probably isn't the cards. Your explanation certainly makes sense, and I am sure that more trigger time will lead me to... what? I shot it really well (for me) already!! The pistol is absolutely awesome, with an amazing SA break, and considering how well I actually shot it given that I hadn't shot for quite a while is testament to how easy it is to shoot well inherently. I will be shopping with Langdon Tactical in the future!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I understand. And please believe me it’s none of my business what folks do.

This meal (from my lack luster instagram) is the same price as the pizzas.

Again to each their own - but options are out there. Stay well.

Attachment 28254
    Thread drift

What pan is that? Is it a Wok? Where did you get it?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Got mine today Serial#180. Immediately emailed Aimee and reserved a specific serial # for another pistol. You guys are missing out if you don't have one of these, it's better than you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Thread drift

What pan is that? Is it a Wok? Where did you get it?

It’s a super cheap pan we got while our good stuff was packed between property deals.

Oster I think the brand. It’s great for low temp stuff like veggies and talapia.

It’s also the perfect size for my daily 18 egg white meal. Perfect depth and size.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Thank you for taking your time to reply! IMHO this kind of personal participation by a company is a huge benefit of buying from a smaller manufacturer, and is a privilege! Thank you also for providing your personal experience. As I think I stated I tend to shoot several different pistols when I do make it to the range so becoming really proficient with one in particular probably isn't the cards. Your explanation certainly makes sense, and I am sure that more trigger time will lead me to... what? I shot it really well (for me) already!! The pistol is absolutely awesome, with an amazing SA break, and considering how well I actually shot it given that I hadn't shot for quite a while is testament to how easy it is to shoot well inherently. I will be shopping with Langdon Tactical in the future!!
    Something I learned at TPC, has helped me shoot different guns well. Their firing cycle steps are in order — move the gun to the target, see what you need to see, isolate the trigger, let recoil happen, call your shot, repeat as necessary. By separating the “isolate the trigger,” I am patient and can do whatever that particular gun needs to get a good press.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I got Lucky 13 in and made a short video on it!! I had a private lesson and used the Elite to do demos with Its amazing to shoot!!! Headed to the range agin now!!
    https://www.facebook.com/spencer.kee...1190569304120/
    Last edited by Prdator; 07-22-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

[QUOTE=....The CenTac trigger breaks earlier in the pull than the LTT gun, before the spot where the SA breaks. ...."ask me how I know" category of things.[/QUOTE]

Well, since you offered....

Would you know if the DA trigger pull on Centurions generally break earlier than a 92 with a wilson trigger bar?

Im thinking of purchasing a 92D Centurion as well as a 92 LTT, and hope that the DA pull on both guns would break at approx the same place....

J

User Tag List