Page 7 of 194 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Nice, I am for sure going to pick one up when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Wow, this has become a whole big deal and I don't even know if I have time to read all of the post.

Let me start by saying my goal with this project is to build what I think is the best all around 92 without it costing an arm and a leg. I want it to be a great gun for competition as well as possibly a duty gun for fans of Beretta 92s.

So here is the plan:

M9A1 frame, all the same with checkering and mag well bevel.
    With a cut or rounding under the trigger guard by the mag button area.
    No lanyard loop, flush like a Vertec or Elite.
    Big mag button like the Wilson Gun
    VZ Grips like pictured at the beginning of the thread
    Vertec Slide, with front Cocking Serrations like the Elite guns (back of slide is supposed to have a radius on the bottom sharp corners)
    New style G Lever (I know some don't like it, but it is a better part and lets people convert back to an F if they want)
    Wilson Rear Sight
    Dawson Fiber Optic Front sight
    Solid Guide Rod
    Stainless Elite II style barrel, just like the Wilson Gun but not finished in black
    Steel trigger
    D model hammer spring
    Elite II hammer

That pretty much it and I think it will likely be my favorite Beretta 92 of all time.

Thanks for the support guys!
    Just described my dream Beretta 92. I'll be in my bunk...

I bought a MK25 to pay homage to my Navy days. Might as well get one of these to commemorate my Army time. Yes an M9 would be the proper purchase but I would much rather have one set up to be a shooter. And I've secretly always wanted a 92.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Should look something like this...

Name:  _ARM1454.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  73.0 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I knew I should not have clicked on this thread. I've always sorta wanted a 92, but now I really want that one.

Congrats Ernie on another great project. I look forward to retiring my Brig Tac as my backup gamer gun and using your LT92 as my main comp gun until Les get his 92 project going. Cheers mate. Name:  icon_guinsmile.gif
Views: 1759
Size:  9.3 KB

This looks pretty awesome! Thanks Mr. Langdon for letting us know what's going on with this. I'm sure your busy, but a few questions:

-How long has this project been in the works?
    -Will this be a limited production gun that may disappear / be impossible to find?
    -How drastic of a change to the trigger guard undercut are you picturing?
    -Bruntion finish(other than the barrel?)
    -Will an up angle be possible if someone swaps to FS similar to the A3?
    -"Without costing an arm and a leg" is it safe to say this won't be WC or A3 price?

And that's the end of my inquisition. Not a lot of folks get as involved in the gun community as yourself. I really hope to take a class with you eventually. Thank you for your time.

-Cory

One thing is for sure. Ernest can design new variants faster than Beretta can get them to market. Maybe they just want to try to blow out inventory before it is undercut by new offerings, the timing of the PX4 sale with the additional mags makes it seem that way.

Site Supporter
    I'm down for one...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

I woke up this morning thinking a centurion would be pretty freakin cool also..

User Tag List