Page 67 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Hammertime

Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Got mine today, #88. Was able to shoot 306 rounds over lunch. Other than a slight sight bump, I think it is perfect.

Zeroed at 25 yards with three different ammo types. Gun prefers to hold the fiber dot over the center of the target aka drive the dot.

I think I need a sight bump. Visual inspection shows the rear sight centered and the front just a touch to the right of center. I bet a bump back left on the front will solve this.

It handled some of the problematic PPU NATO sorta over pressure stuff just fine. Too bad I sent the ammo back because the Gun really seems to like it. This last group would have been high 90s if the sights were centered.

Did a bunch of Super Tests to get it hot. I was having performance issues til the end, but I was able to come around and settle into the gun.

257-1, 251-1, 271, 256-1, 285. Photo of my best run of course.

Nearly cleaned Dot Torture at 6yds which would have been a record for me, but my SHO let me down.

306 rounds of PPU, S&B, and Lawman ammo from various 15, 17, and 18 round mags, zero issues at all.

Suffice to say I think this is the ultimate 92 and would happily trade any Brig Tac for it. I do not care for the heavy BT slide at all. The LTT cycles perfectly.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 07-19-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    That and someone make a 15 round magazine, and you might have the perfect CCW. I really like my Wilson compact carry, but being able to change the front sight and get 2 more rounds (without a standard 92 magazine size) would be epic!

A 15 round magazine for the Compact would be a game changer, and make me much more interested in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    A 15 round magazine for the Compact would be a game changer, and make me much more interested in the gun.
    Yup.

Pretty sure I recall Ernest saying something similar in a class a few years ago. The drop down in rounds is just too steep for the small amount of weight and grip size you save.

I'm really excited to see Ernest having such success with these new projects!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Trust me I am listening to all of this. Everyone cannot get what they want, because someone will want something that just will not be possible or smart for the mass market, but I a going to try to come very close.
    Thank you for everything; listening and being a part of our discussions (in meeting one could say "market research"). I think that's how we get great ideas and products like the LTT Elite.

Spit-balling time : I think the easiest path to,say, a LTT centurion would be if you ask for some of the shortened vertec slides and barrels that BUSA already makes for WC to mate with our current elite's frames (wouldn't they also part-interchange with most of the rest of the 92 family.) Since from reading this thread BUSA is already committed to producing 2000 full elite pistols, that's an installed user base. I think from a products in inventory standpoint/retooling aspect, it would relatively easy to spin that up.

Trust me I am listening to all of this. Everyone cannot get what they want, because someone will want something that just will not be possible or smart for the mass market, but I a going to try to come very close.
    We appreciate your efforts, truly. You and Wilson are pretty much the ONLY reason I'm giving the 92-platform any kind of serious thought these days and recommending them to others.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Yup.

Pretty sure I recall Ernest saying something similar in a class a few years ago. The drop down in rounds is just too steep for the small amount of weight and grip size you save.

I'm really excited to see Ernest having such success with these new projects!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm wondering if BUSA or Mec Gar could make the magazines (follower/spring changes?) and/or the compact's frames would maybe have to be re-engineered (re-dimensioned? is that a word?) to accommodate?

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    We appreciate your efforts, truly. You and Wilson are pretty much the ONLY reason I'm giving the 92-platform any kind of serious thought these days and recommending them to others.
    Agreed!! Aside from the A3 there is little in the Beretta 92 line up that I find appealing. For a Beretta fan from way back the Brig Tac, Cen Tac and the Elite LTT represent the good ole days, only better! Also, the effort that LTT took in keeping purchasers informed was top notch, one of the huge benefits of dealing with a smaller company. Having Ernest actively participate on this forum is a blessing, and is MUCH appreciated.

Appreciate it, I think any variations you come up with reflect what most of us want. I think the main problem right now will be outdoing the Elite LTT... A centurion with vertec type slide and smooth straight dustcover might be nice but even then it would be nearly the same size and weight as the Elite as is. I'll have to start a savings account just for stuff you come up with at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Got mine today, #88. Was able to shoot 306 rounds over lunch. Other than a slight sight bump, I think it is perfect.

MG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/fbebd33a2bd485c8d89f87e377b24d5f.jpg[/IM

Zeroed at 25 yards with three different ammo types. Gun prefers to hold the fiber dot over the center of the target aka drive the dot.

MG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/c63f90b5c9d40574846f93289d559cff.jpg[/IM
    G]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/7d57f74b281ec5050c20b3f969d5dad0.jpg[/IMMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/0c7a74e90e5ae8f6c560f23c0f78e720.jpg[/IM

I think I need a sight bump. Visual inspection shows the rear sight centered and the front just a touch to the right of center. I bet a bump back left on the front will solve this.

It handled some of the problematic PPU NATO sorta over pressure stuff just fine. Too bad I sent the ammo back because the Gun really seems to like it. This last group would have been high 90s if the sights were centered.

G]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/d9b50969210b659e8738c56825afbee1.jpg[/IM

Did a bunch of Super Tests to get it hot. I was having performance issues til the end, but I was able to come around and settle into the gun.

257-1, 251-1, 271, 256-1, 285. Photo of my best run of course.

G]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/38f59ac70bc6780a56b8f2904238c976.jpg[/IM

Nearly cleaned Dot Torture at 6yds which would have been a record for me, but my SHO let me down.

G]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/74ef3d71539dcd9c88400eba0a1ad324.jpg[/IM

306 rounds of PPU, S&B, and Lawman ammo from various 15, 17, and 18 round mags, zero issues at all.

MG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180719/839a284547e8b227d681e2ac6c2ebdcc.jpg[/IM

Suffice to say I think this is the ultimate 92 and would happily trade any Brig Tac for it. I do not care for the heavy BT slide at all. The LTT cycles perfectly.
    I found the BT to cycle very nicely with a trimmed wolff 11#. Not sure how much premature wear will be there but given the heavier slide weight I wonder if 13# from the factory is a little generous

I placed my order for the Elite LTT on 4/23 and have probably thought about it once, maybe twice. That was until Monday when it was announced the guns were starting to ship. Now I’m checking my emails every five minutes. I don’t mind waiting, I don’t mind waiting, I don’t mind waiting, I don’t mind waiting......

Thanks to Ernest for making this happen.
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-19-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post

I found the BT to cycle very nicely with a trimmed wolff 11#. Not sure how much premature wear will be there but given the heavier slide weight I wonder if 13# from the factory is a little generous

No one told me the brig tac sucked until I had commited to learning to shoot them fast.

Last edited by Duke; 07-19-2018 at 09:49 PM.

User Tag List