Page 53 of 194 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
    Interestingly, while reading this thread I got an email from LTT. First batch of pistols were returned to Beretta to correct a feature that was left off.

They plan to stand in their heads to deliver ASAP, no surprise there if you’ve dealt with LTT.

Issue sounds minor, as it sound like they might still make mid-July to customers.

I appreciate the prompt communication.

The wait for Elite LTT gave me time to shoot my neglected PX4 Carry, the Full Size.
    This is doing things the right way. Rather than shipping without checking, LTT checked the shipment and sent them back to make sure Beretta gets them right. Does it mess up the timetable a bit? Of course. Is it better to get a great pistol several weeks late rather than to get one with a mistake on precise time? Absolutely. Tesla could learn a lesson from LTT>

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    This is doing things the right way. Rather than shipping without checking, LTT checked the shipment and sent them back to make sure Beretta gets them right. Does it mess up the timetable a bit? Of course. Is it better to get a great pistol several weeks late rather than to get one with a mistake on precise time? Absolutely. Tesla could learn a lesson from LTT>
    LTT is top notch in how things are handled as issues are averted before they arise. I got the same email, sent a response to Aimee, and got a reply from her within minutes. Communication is simple; however, many businesses fail to do so in a timely and efficient manner. Lots of businesses would do well to emulate LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Agreed. I'm a little disappointed that it's delayed, but knowing whats going on, why its delayed, and a rough time frame are huge.

While I am impressed with LTT and how Ernest and Aimee are handling this, I continue to be amazed at Beretta's inability to meet a time hack with seemingly anything. I'm happy to wait for the pistol to be right, instead of have it now but goofed up but seems Beretta is still having issues.

-Cory

Beretta is still having teething problems in Tennessee. I recently got one with an unstaked extractor pin. Getting the small things right is always the biggest issue in ramping up production in a new facility. But for those who remember GM's new Lordstown plant in the 1970's, it can always be worse. (And there it was).
    Last edited by Jeep; 07-02-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks for the understanding guys. It was a minor issue in the frame (built like a standard M9A1) and they are building new frames to replace the ones that were done incorrectly. As of Friday afternoon, 90% of the machining was already done (correctly) with only the checkering on the frame and notch for the WML rail left to be cut. I am talking to them every day and they are really pushing to correct this quickly.

Thanks again for understanding. We are close and set up and ready to turn them around as soon as they get here and I can turn the trigger jobs. The good news is I have a big stack of Wilson Trigger Bars all prepped and ready to go along with about 300 hammer springs that are polished and ready as well.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

No worries here either Ernest. I've got 2 of your PX4CC Mod 4's, you did the triggers on my two 92's and my full size PX4. Take your time on this one, I can wait.

Not a problem. Although I am sure all are awaiting delivery anxiously, we would rather have it done right at the cost of a few days.

Thanks for keeping us all appraised of what is going on. It is greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Thanks for the understanding guys. It was a minor issue in the frame (built like a standard M9A1) and they are building new frames to replace the ones that were done incorrectly. As of Friday afternoon, 90% of the machining was already done (correctly) with only the checkering on the frame and notch for the WML rail left to be cut. I am talking to them every day and they are really pushing to correct this quickly.

Thanks again for understanding. We are close and set up and ready to turn them around as soon as they get here and I can turn the trigger jobs. The good news is I have a big stack of Wilson Trigger Bars all prepped and ready to go along with about 300 hammer springs that are polished and ready as well.
    Personally, I hope this works out financially for you as well. I love what you are doing, and I love the parts you are supplying so I want to make sure you can stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

Few questions:
    1) How many are left unallocated on this first run for those of us that haven't gotten around to pre-ordering?
    2) How large is this first run going to be?
    3) Any chance of reserving serial numbers on the 2nd run?
    4) What will the trigger job upgrade entail aside from the Wilson bar and hammer spring? Will the original parts be included, will the extra Wilson springs be included, and do you do any recutting to the hammer and sear engagement surfaces with the basic trigger upgrade?

Thank you, and thanks for getting Beretta to put this together. This truly is the ultimate 92!

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Few questions:
    1) How many are left unallocated on this first run for those of us that haven't gotten around to pre-ordering?
    2) How large is this first run going to be?
    3) Any chance of reserving serial numbers on the 2nd run?
    4) What will the trigger job upgrade entail aside from the Wilson bar and hammer spring? Will the original parts be included, will the extra Wilson springs be included, and do you do any recutting to the hammer and sear engagement surfaces with the basic trigger upgrade?

Thank you, and thanks for getting Beretta to put this together. This truly is the ultimate 92!
    1) There are maybe 100 left that, still available, on the first run for us that we will be getting. Rough number, not sure exactly.
    2) We are getting the first 500 here at LTT, but they will be building more after that. 2,200 are planned this year that I know of.
    3) We will have no real control of serial numbers after the first 500, so likely not. It will just depend on what we get from Beretta.
    4) The trigger job will be a level two trigger job. Wilson Trigger bar and 13# hammer spring with all the same polishing and hammer sear work that I normally do.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List