Page 45 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by emoore82 View Post
    Was fully prepared to order a Wilson BrigTac today until I came across this gun over the weekend. I know they're both going to be great guns, but is there anything I would distinctively notice different between the two when shooting them? I'd do either the LTT with the trigger job, or the BrigTac with the LTT trigger in a bag.
    One of my favorite pistols is my Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G. Mine has a fantastic trigger job by Ernest, as well as a Wilson Combat frame dehorn and Armor Tuff refinish. It is an excellent pistol, and I had the opportunity to shoot it at a Langdon Tactical class.

My recommendation? Buy the LTT Elite with the trigger job. As good as the Brigadier Tactical is, it doesn't come with the factory dehorn, and to me, that's a huge upgrade if you ever plan to take a 2-3 day class. The hot spots on the 92 were annoying enough to me to go through the trouble and expense of sending the pistol back to Wilson Combat for their dehorn. The LTT model has that baked in. This is also a feature that I suspect took quite a bit longer to implement than the rest of the spec sheet - and I think it truly separates the LTT Elite from other factory 92s.

Another reason is holster selection - while these days there are more holsters available for the Brigadier Tactical, the LTT model looks like it should be compatible with just about any M9A1 holster thanks to the Vertec slide profile.

Bottom line, as much as I love the Brigadier Tactical, right now I can't see spending more money for one over a new LTT Elite.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-23-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    One of my favorite pistols is my Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G. Mine has a fantastic trigger job by Ernest, as well as a Wilson Combat frame dehorn and Armor Tuff refinish. It is an excellent pistol, and I had the opportunity to shoot it at a Langdon Tactical class.

My recommendation? Buy the LTT Elite with the trigger job. As good as the Brigadier Tactical is, it doesn't come with the factory dehorn, and to me, that's a huge upgrade if you ever plan to take a 2-3 day class. The hot spots on the 92 were annoying enough to me to go through the trouble and expense of sending the pistol back to Wilson Combat for their dehorn. The LTT model has that baked in. This is also a feature that I suspect took quite a bit longer to implement than the rest of the spec sheet - and I think it truly separates the LTT Elite from other factory 92s.

Another reason is holster selection - while these days there are more holsters available for the Brigadier Tactical, the LTT model looks like it should be compatible with just about any M9A1 holster thanks to the Vertec slide profile.

Bottom line, as much as I love the Brigadier Tactical, right now I can't see spending more money for one over a new LTT Elite.
    Such a hard decision for me, mainly because I’ve wanted the BrigTac for so long and was finally fixing to get it, but then I find the LTT that I know in my mind is going to be a better deal, and probably a better gun. I’m usually very decisive on this kind of stuff until it’s between two really good products, and it becomes impossible for me to decide. Unfortunately I only get one graduation gift.

Quote Originally Posted by emoore82 View Post
    Such a hard decision for me, mainly because I’ve wanted the BrigTac for so long and was finally fixing to get it, but then I find the LTT that I know in my mind is going to be a better deal, and probably a better gun. I’m usually very decisive on this kind of stuff until it’s between two really good products, and it becomes impossible for me to decide. Unfortunately I only get one graduation gift.
    You really can't make a bad choice between those two - but I give the edge to the LTT Elite. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed by the BrigTac.

Personally, I think the BrigTac is due for a small refresh. I find it odd that the CentTac comes with the mag guide and higher capacity magazines. I'd like to see the CentTac front sight available for the BrigTac as well.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    It will not come with "my trigger job" as it will be a production gun. It will also not come with my "carry bevel", again production gun, but.....

One of the reasons this gun has taken so long is because I requested some specific changes to the frame and slide. The trigger guard area around the mag button has been radiused (a key part of the carry bevel that I do) as well as a radius on the back of the slide on the left rail.

Making changes like this to the frame is no easy task for a gun that is produced like this. But we have been able to do it and I am very happy with the results.

You will be able to buy this gun directly from LTT with a trigger job already done if you would like. It will be an option that we offer.
    Just to clarify this, if it is ordered with the trigger job, you’d get all the same work as the parts that come with the Trigger in a Bag get?

If you shoot higher round counts, dehorning is a big deal. My Wilson Compact has been dehorned and refinished, and the difference between that and a regular 92 is significant. Bottom of the trigger guard, the beavertail area and the rear corners of the slide on a regular 92 are way too sharp.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ernest Langdon just posted this video about the new Beretta Elite LTT:

https://youtu.be/HUp6gOEOCCI

It is always great to hear from the guy who spec'ed out the pistol and why he made the choices he did. I am getting pretty excited about mine. Will make a great addition to my WC Berettas!

Nicely done video. I wonder what the backround tech is on his statement about the SS trigger. I have never heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Nicely done video. I wonder what the backround tech is on his statement about the SS trigger. I have never heard that.
    My guess is it can be polished without worrying about a coating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimLob65 View Post
    Ernest Langdon just posted this video about the new Beretta Elite LTT:

https://youtu.be/HUp6gOEOCCI

It is always great to hear from the guy who spec'ed out the pistol and why he made the choices he did. I am getting pretty excited about mine. Will make a great addition to my WC Berettas!
    This is a great video explaining what is an awesome feature set on this new pistol. Ernest has hit it out of the park with this one.

I do need to tease him, though, for channeling his inner LAV with his video style.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This is a great video explaining what is an awesome feature set on this new pistol. Ernest has hit it out of the park with this one.

I do need to tease him, though, for channeling his inner LAV with his video style.
    I was waiting for him to say, “And wait, there’s more!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List