Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Has anyone tried a 92x Performance rear sight on a 92 Elite LTT? I am interested in an adjustable rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Has anyone tried a 92x Performance rear sight on a 92 Elite LTT? I am interested in an adjustable rear sight.
    I recall reading that the rear sight cut is different than the standard Beretta rear sight.

Something to research for you about that adjustable rear sight. I just bought one of these
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...-sight/e00169/
    The notch is so shallow I never even installed. The problem is that the bottom of the notch is flush w/ the area forward of it w/ the graduated scale on it. So there is no way to file or grind it deeper. I have no way to know if this is the same as the X Performance sight but something to look out for.

Could someone with a LTT full size and an x300u measure how much the light protrudes from the end of the barrel? Trying to figure out if it can be used in USPSA
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Could someone with a LTT full size and an x300u measure how much the light protrudes from the end of the barrel? Trying to figure out if it can be used in USPSA
    Not the best angle, but it measures exactly 3/8” past the barrel. What is the limit?

I really hate to see this thread be relegated to the past, there’s a lot of good info here. I’m reading the whole thread again for the second time.

I recently bought a LTT 92 Elite. It is my first 92 and it’s impressing the hell out of me - enough so that I turned around and bought a LTT 92 Elite Compact, too.

There was some discussion back in 9/18 about EL’s concerns that sales numbers for these were lower than hoped. My recent gun is in the 11,6XX serial range, and I’m wondering if that’s indicative that these ended up being more of a hit than it seemed at the time.

Mine with LTT trigger job but no NP3 is so good that the only thing I want to do to it is cosmetic - I’m a sucker for VZ’s black cherry grips and am waiting for the LTT grips in this color to come back into stock. (I already have them for the Compact.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really hate to see this thread be relegated to the past, there’s a lot of good info here. I’m reading the whole thread again for the second time.

I recently bought a LTT 92 Elite. It is my first 92 and it’s impressing the hell out of me - enough so that I turned around and bought a LTT 92 Elite Compact, too.

There was some discussion back in 9/18 about EL’s concerns that sales numbers for these were lower than hoped. My recent gun is in the 11,6XX serial range, and I’m wondering if that’s indicative that these ended up being more of a hit than it seemed at the time.

Mine with LTT trigger job but no NP3 is so good that the only thing I want to do to it is cosmetic - I’m a sucker for VZ’s black cherry grips and am waiting for the LTT grips in this color to come back into stock. (I already have them for the Compact.)
    I always took the introduction and continued supply of the original LTT and then the Centurion and Compact and the continued production of those that even if the start was a little slow, it did get rolling and never stopped. If things had stayed mediocre Beretta wouldn't still be making LTTs let alone introducing new sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Thanks for bringing this thread back. I can’t speak for the rest of you but I am doing my part in keeping the numbers up. I ordered a second full size rdo carry bevel during the black friday sale.

Question for the 92 folks: How are you installing/removing the taller LTT front sight? I have seen a few reports online of the front sight fallling off on higher round count guns. I am thinking about bedding mine with loctite. I ordered a backup front sight from LTT and I want the tools on hand to replace it if the original falls off. I understand Dawson ships their 92 front sights with a block that fits in the slide to support it while vised up. I personally like the Dawson method of drifting with a punch vs an expensive clamp style drifter.

Part of me hopes I never get to handle a carry bevel 92 - if I ever do, I could see it making me want to send my pair back to LTT for the work and NP3.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Yesterday on a friends 92X I used a drift and hammer to replace the front sight. Dang that thing was tight. I installed an FO sight and made up a custom drift from one of the Dawson aluminum drifts I had. Since the is so little metal in the middle (looking from the side) of the FO I wanted a wide drift to catch the entire sight. At least on the 92s I have replaced sights on I have never had a loose one so I wouldn't use loctite. You could always install the new sight so you have a good idea how tight it is. If it goes on easily, use the green loctite which is specifically engineered to weep into already assembled pieces.

User Tag List