Page 187 of 194 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Hoping someone can give me a little guidance before I place an order. I’ve never owned a 92 so I’m working my way through this entire thread.

If my main purpose for the gun is Uspsa what hammer spring and guide rod spring do you recommend? Also I need to load up on mags?

I plan on getting the full size with trigger job.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Hammer spring weight info from the man himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Hoping someone can give me a little guidance before I place an order. I’ve never owned a 92 so I’m working my way through this entire thread.

If my main purpose for the gun is Uspsa what hammer spring and guide rod spring do you recommend? Also I need to load up on mags?

I plan on getting the full size with trigger job.
    I would just get the LTT from Langdon with his trigger job and shoot it. Get some MecGar 18 rounders from LTT while you're at it. If your looking for a lighter pull, maybe a 12 pound spring while your ordering. My LTT elite has become my personal favorite pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Hammer spring weight info from the man himself.

He doesn’t mention balancing the reduced hammer spring with a stronger recoil spring, even going down to 13lbs. I wonder at what point point that becomes an issue, or if it ever does within the range of hammer springs that will still set off a primer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    He doesn’t mention balancing the reduced hammer spring with a stronger recoil spring, even going down to 13lbs. I wonder at what point point that becomes an issue, or if it ever does within the range of hammer springs that will still set off a primer.
    I’d like to hear Ernest Langdon’s recommendation on that was well.

I’m currently running a 12 lb hammer spring and a Langdon 12.5 lb recoil spring in my LTT Elite. It’s seemed to work fine for the last 800 rds or so (I have just shy of 12k through the gun), but I’d certainly like to know what’s ideal.

I would say you want the full size with the LTT trigger job. I would call LTT if I were you to order and explain to them what you are wanting and they can add the springs you need for your purpose. Too easy!

I have heard the general theory about trading off lighter hammer spring w/ a heavier recoil spring. I have never seen a recommendation to do this on a 92. My thought only....that theory only deals w/ the slide moving back and compressing the springs. Seems kind of reasonable there right? But how about when the slide goes forward again? The hammer spring has no effect there but the stronger recoil spring sure would. But it would be a negative effect. 1- The slide slams against the stop harder = more and or sooner damage. 2- It could also slam the muzzle down more than ideal.
    Ernest your thoughts please.

I placed an order for one of these with a trigger job.

I'll admit I never would've considered this gun if it wasn't for P-F so thanks for that. Now I have to endure the 4-6 week wait...

This is my first da/sa gun and I got it to get back into USPSA but it may end up on my nightstand eventually. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

1) What replacement parts should I keep on hand and what's the replacement schedule?
    2) What does your maintenance schedule look like for cleaning and oiling? I never really did much with my Glocks but watching a video from Ernest it seems I need to stay on top of these a little more.
    2) Is anybody reloading for these? I have a bunch of coated bullets in 124grn that are .356 I believe. I read somewhere that beretta's like .357 better but not sure if that's true.

Looking forward to learning the da/sa!

Also I reached out to LTT and the recommended the 12.5 lb recoil spring for competition. I went with a 12 lb hammer spring as well.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I try to at least keep a spare locking block, trigger return spring, and recoil spring.

User Tag List