Page 182 of 194 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this warning on the Wilson Combat website regarding the M9A3 also applies to the LTT. The LTT uses the convertible G lever and differs from older dedicated G models. The Wilson lever is not a drop in part on these guns.

NOTE: Major Gunsmithing and Slide Modification Required for Non-G Models

Minor Fitting Required when Installing on a Current G Model

This Part Will NOT Work with the M9A3 Beretta Model (slide must be sent to Wilson Combat for it to work)

Thanks JS, I was looking on Wilson’s website but must of missed the disclaimer.

I find the new levers on the right side a little to obtrusive for my liking compared to the Wilson guns.

You could take the right side lever off and help it out w/ a Dremel. The current system is superior in every way except appearance which personally I no longer even notice. Also the total width of the new system is actually slightly less. I don't remember the exact #s but it's something like .030 inch narrower.

Random question for anyone who feels like answering:
    How often do you remove your extractor for cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this warning on the Wilson Combat website regarding the M9A3 also applies to the LTT. The LTT uses the convertible G lever and differs from older dedicated G models. The Wilson lever is not a drop in part on these guns.

NOTE: Major Gunsmithing and Slide Modification Required for Non-G Models

Minor Fitting Required when Installing on a Current G Model

This Part Will NOT Work with the M9A3 Beretta Model (slide must be sent to Wilson Combat for it to work)
    That’s really interesting, I wouldn’t have thought that since they come from Beretta as G models, but Langdon himself says that if you don’t like the G, you can convert it back to FS. Maybe I’m wrong again here, but I don’t think you can convert a true G model to FS, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiman View Post
    That’s really interesting, I wouldn’t have thought that since they come from Beretta as G models, but Langdon himself says that if you don’t like the G, you can convert it back to FS. Maybe I’m wrong again here, but I don’t think you can convert a true G model to FS, can you?
    The LTT guns and 92X G models come with the Beretta G conversion installed. I do not know the specifics, but an actual G slide differs internally. The G conversion at Wilson involves some milling and original, lower profile, G decockers are installed. Now, all this is from my limited knowledge base.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Interesting. Is there a way to tell if a “G”slide is a conversion without disassembly? Are the WC BrigTacs G conversions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiman View Post
    Interesting. Is there a way to tell if a “G”slide is a conversion without disassembly? Are the WC BrigTacs G conversions?
    The brig tac is not, none of the Wilson guns are. Basically, the easy tell is the right side lever. If it looks just like the right lever on the F model, it’s a “traditional G” model. On the other hand, if you look at an Elite LTT and the right side lever on it, you’ll know what the G conversion looks like.

I think people get WAY too wrapped around the axle over the aesthetics on the G conversion vs the traditional G models. The right side lever is no bigger, it doesn’t affect concealment, and the G conversion is a hell of a lot easier to disassemble/reassemble than the traditional G. I mean, if all you’re gonna do with your 92 is admire the fit and finish, I can kinda understand the complaining. But I use my 92’s, a lot. I prefer the ease of maintenance with the conversion so much I sold all of my traditional G models, including both of my Wilson models.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    The LTT guns and 92X G models come with the Beretta G conversion installed. I do not know the specifics, but an actual G slide differs internally. The G conversion at Wilson involves some milling and original, lower profile, G decockers are installed. Now, all this is from my limited knowledge base.

You can't convert from a true G model slide to an FS slide. The older G model slide are milled to remove the detent that allows the levers to stay in the safe position after decocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta Dawg View Post
    You can't convert from a true G model slide to an FS slide. The older G model slide are milled to remove the detent that allows the levers to stay in the safe position after decocking.
    Which is what Wilson is doing in their custom shop as I understand it. They are not just installing the after market kit. Sorry if I was unclear.

I'm doubtful we'll see many of the true 'G' models in the future. Beretta can essentially use the same manufacturing for the 92X, M9A3, and LTT models. As much as I prefer the original G models (OG?) it doesn't make much business sense for Beretta to produce them in the future now that the G conversion is readily available.

There have been rumors of Beretta introducing additional lever designs for a while now, but we still haven't seen anything.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List