Page 17 of 194 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Keep in mind every time you make a change, it can push things back by months in some cases. The Build of Materials (BOM) is done for this gun and the parts are being ordered or already have been ordered. If you change one thing, especially to a prototype part that is not in production yet, it could push things back by quite a bit. I don't think it is worth it to change the notch style on the rear sight. Especially if it is something that can be changed by the end user for $39 later and some people still like the U notch.

Maybe in later generations of the gun we can look at a change. I have not even personally seen the new Les rear sight outside of pictures.
    Ernest - sent you a message on FB.

I'm getting super excited 'bout the Langdon Special.

So if most of the materials are ordered or being ordered does that mean we should ideally see the release of this pistol by SHOT? How long do projects like this usually take?

Didn't know it was already being put together, that's good to hear

Do we know what the final specs are then? Any pics of a prototype or preproduction version?

The gun is scheduled to be built in the new Tennessee factory in the fourth quarter of this year. So before SHOT, yes. Exactly when I am not sure.

I am supposed to be getting a prototype of the gun soon for final approval. Not sure when soon is
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 08-29-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Vending Machine Operator
    The gun is scheduled to be built in the new Tennessee factory in the fourth quarter of this year. So before SHOT, yes. Exactly when I am not sure.

I am supposed to be getting a prototype of the gun soon for final approval. Not sure when soon is
    My wallet is aggressively trying to escape my pocket.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

TN natives get a discount or at least get to be first in line, right?

Is there any chance the Langdon Tactical will be IPSC Production legal?

The Wilson Brig Tac is, for some mystifying reason, not a production legal gun. I would assume as the new LT model is a factory produced gun it should be good to go?

I'm in for one of these for sure either way.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Is there any chance the Langdon Tactical will be IPSC Production legal?

The Wilson Brig Tac is, for some mystifying reason, not a production legal gun. I would assume as the new LT model is a factory produced gun it should be good to go?

I'm in for one of these for sure either way.
    I actually emailed Vince Pinto, IPSC Handgun Rules Director, who handles these things. He says it's because of the Wilson logo that is engraved on the slide. Seriously. Here's how the rest of the email chain went.

Me: "That's really asinine considering there's not competitive advantage."
    Vince Pinto: "Really? Well, I’ll tell the IPSC General Assembly have no idea what they’re doing, and we should instead have you running the show. Your email address has been blocked."

So yeah. Dudes a total asshole.

Who cares, it is uspsa legal which is what really matters....

I care. I travel internationally a lot and wish to use my USPSA prod gun for IPSC matches.

User Tag List