Page 150 of 194 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Over 2300 rounds now, including 200 blazer 147 gr flat nose fmj. No ignition issues.
    Blazer Brass or the aluminum stuff? So far the aluminum case is the only round that has given me ignition issues.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Blazer Brass or the aluminum stuff? So far the aluminum case is the only round that has given me ignition issues.
    This is brass.

Finally got my hands on an LTT at Buds in Sevierville. Very nicely done. Why do Berettas seem slightly under sized for a "duty" gun to me? The full size grip seems slightly shorter than I expect every time I handle one.

I had to listen to the clerk packing a G17 tell me compact Berettas weren't worth the weight saved when I asked to compair the LTT to a compact with the rail. Also I was told about the down side of carrying an all metal gun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    Finally got my hands on an LTT at Buds in Sevierville. Very nicely done. Why do Berettas seem slightly under sized for a "duty" gun to me? The full size grip seems slightly shorter than I expect every time I handle one.

I had to listen to the clerk packing a G17 tell me compact Berettas weren't worth the weight saved when I asked to compair the LTT to a compact with the rail. Also I was told about the down side of carrying an all metal gun.

Everything else that's comparable has a very block-like, squarish shape. By contrast, the rounded surfaces of the Beretta make it seem smaller.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 05-19-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Everything else that's comparable has a very block-like, squarish shape. By contrast, the rounded surfaces of the Beretta make it seem smaller.
    Trooper,

That could be. The grip length is perfect for my hands, while most other full size pistols have plenty of length left over. I have no issue with concealing a big gun, the 92 just pretends not to be one.

I also just picked up a new 92G LTT and noticed some machining marks where the barrel locks up in the slide. This is my first Beretta so I'm not sure what to make of it. A lot of you guys own these already so I figured you all would be able to tell me if this is normal.

Name:  ltt1.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  ltt2.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  16.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post

Bud’s has an LTT in stock? I guess I know how I’m spending my lunch hour. I sometimes get a hot spot from the bottom rear of the beavertail where it contacts the area between the thumb and forefinger. I’m hoping that the radius on the LTT eliminates this issue.
    Last edited by buzz_knox; 05-19-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingRod View Post
    I also just picked up a new 92G LTT and noticed some machining marks where the barrel locks up in the slide. This is my first Beretta so I'm not sure what to make of it. A lot of you guys own these already so I figured you all would be able to tell me if this is normal.

Name:  ltt1.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  ltt2.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  16.2 KB
    If you're talking about the little channel on the rear of the left locking block slot (not sure of the technical term), mine has them too. I've also looked at a few photos of other B92 slides that had the same notch.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    If you're talking about the little channel on the rear of the left locking block slot (not sure of the technical term), mine has them too. I've also looked at a few photos of other B92 slides that had the same notch.
    My 92 Elite LTT has them on both sides, but more visible on the right side. Can you post a picture of yours?

Name:  ltt3.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  ltt4.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  22.8 KB

Beretta 92 LTT Elite - FTE fixed

I recently experienced several failure to eject malfunctions (FTEs) on my LTT Elite. After approximately 2,000 rounds, I had two FTEs during a class in San Antonio. I was really surprise given that the pistol had run absolutely perfectly up to that point. I cleaned and lubed the gun and took it out for a 200 round range session a week later. Boom! - two more FTEs.

After inspecting everything carefully and finding nothing wrong, I decided to remove and inspect the ejector. With the help of a couple YouTube videos posted by MosinVirus, I was able to knock out the extractor pin, remove the extractor and extractor spring and have a look inside. I was amazed at the amount of burnt crud that was caked up under the extractor. I could literally scoop it out with the end of my nylon pick! Looking at how dirty the firing pin was, I decided to remove it as well and clean the firing pin and firing pin channel while I was at it. I'm glad I did. After running a pipe cleaner through the firing pin channel, cleaning all of the parts and chasing the left hand safety spring and plunger across the room a time or two, I finally got it all reassembled and ready for the range.

I happy to report that after running 200 rounds through the gun yesterday, everything functioned perfectly.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience with their Beretta 92 and whether Beretta recommends removing the extractor and firing pin for cleaning at regular intervals.

Uncle Jed
    Last edited by Uncle_Jed; 05-20-2019 at 12:27 PM.

User Tag List