Page 138 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I had this happen a month or two ago. The pin on the right lever backed out to the point where the lever fell off during a practice session. I went home and reassembled and drove the pin back in. It started backing out again a few weeks ago. The next time I drove it back, I applied some Lok-Tite on both ends. Hopefully that will keep it where it belongs.
    Thanks for the reply! Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by ncrockclimb View Post
    Mine has backed out a couple of times. I just whacked it back in there.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I had this happen a month or two ago. The pin on the right lever backed out to the point where the lever fell off during a practice session. I went home and reassembled and drove the pin back in. It started backing out again a few weeks ago. The next time I drove it back, I applied some Lok-Tite on both ends. Hopefully that will keep it where it belongs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncrockclimb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Mine has backed out a couple of times. I just whacked it back in there.
    Mine started exhibiting this problem, too, right around the 1,200 round mark. I've tapped it back in there. If it keeps happening, I'll reach out to Ernest or Beretta for assistance troubleshooting.

Before we start a mass panic that LTT guns are disassembling themselves, this is not something in any way unique to Beretta. I've also got a VP9 with a Gray Guns trigger job that has started ejecting its trigger safety catch spring stop pin every 250 rounds or so.

not sure if this will help

but on SW Revolvers....what holds the firing pin (or hammer nose) is a soft rivet. the rivet it has a hole down the middle and a tapered cuts on both sides.

In order for the rivet to stay in the hammer....you have to flair an end or both ends.

I have not done one in years but wouldn't the same concept for the roll pin.

install the roll pin except for a short piece of the end...take a sharp center punch and slightly tap the end to a larger OD, then finish pressing the roll pin into the decocker body.

Probably would have to find a way to back up the installed roll pin for flaring and its probably easier said than done.

My LTT will be used extensively in the near future....and I will keep an eye on this.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    I had the pin fall out after a couple hundred rounds. Ernest sent me a new one and it was a tight fit. A couple hundred rounds later I noticed it was walking out again, and it was easily pushed back in. I'm going to try loctite. It's Beretta's fault, not Langdon's, and there's really no excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Mine started exhibiting this problem, too, right around the 1,200 round mark. I've tapped it back in there. If it keeps happening, I'll reach out to Ernest or Beretta for assistance troubleshooting.

Before we start a mass panic that LTT guns are disassembling themselves, this is not something in any way unique to Beretta. I've also got a VP9 with a Gray Guns trigger job that has started ejecting its trigger safety catch spring stop pin every 250 rounds or so.
    I agree that there is no need to panic and the guns are not disassembling themselves. At least one person tried a new pin and had the same issue. I’ll be interested in what Ernest thinks about this and if he has any suggestions on how to solve it.

Other than this, the gun is really fantastic and has functioned flawlessly.

My Elite LTT decocker hasnt walked out. When I first started dryfire with my Langdon M9 my G kit decocker had the right side pin walk out every few days. I think its an issue with the G decockers pin.

Some lock tite should solve it.

-Cory

Soooo, first post here.

This thread was linked from another forum.

To say that I am experiencing jealousy, due to the fact that my states unconstitutional "safe handgun roster" prohibits me from acquiring the Elite LTT would be the understatement of the new year.

I read all 138 pages prior to registering here.

I just bought an M9a1, my first Beretta, and I am already wanting more.

Thanks for the good read, and education. I look forward to participating here.

I do not have complimentary thoughts to those who need others' subjective opinions to make up their minds, but I do appreciate reasoned opinions and analysis that present points to consider that I didn't think of first. My goal is to determine which Beretta gets the fiber optic sights and which gets the tritium. Uses include the range and probable competition (for fun and improvement mainly), and self defense, which is further divided into concealed and open carry.

First the guns. Gun #1 is a Langdon Elite LTT with trigger job and the standard fiber front sight, serrated flat face WC rear. Since this is page 138, I don't need to add anymore description.

Gun #2 is a Beretta 92fs with a Vertec slide, converted to G model, trigger job in a bag, extended Wilson mag release and thin grips. The trigger is probably 80% as good as the LTT. So in other words, very similar except it doesn't have a light rail.

Here is my analysis, tell me what I've missed. My intent is to get a set of the tritium spartan sights for the Ber 92 and leave the fiber optic on the LTT. Both would be good for the range, the LTT better for competition due to the better trigger and FO sights. The Ber92 is better for concealed carry due to the bulk of the light on an already large gun. Since I don't have light on the Ber92, it should get the tritium sights (and a handheld light). The LTT works open carry, with or without a light, though if used at night, it needs the light. With a WML, it doesn't need tritium sights since the light illuminates the target and standard sights work just fine.

Again, I think I've made the most properly reasoned decision, but I appreciate what a bunch of other shooters might think of that I didn't. Thanks in advance.

I broke out my LTT for the 2nd time. My DA/SA time is very rusty as I carried a SW 4500 on duty from 1998 to 2008. I had a CZ SP01 for a while too.

I had installed a 12 lbs LTT mainspring. I wanted to test my accuracy skills in a LE match that I shoot for points on a B27 target. I was skeptical that the .150" notch would give me trouble for X/10 ring hits at 25 yards

It consists of

8 rounds in 2 shot intervals 3 seconds 5 yards
    12 rounds 25 seconds 7 yards
    12 rounds 35 seconds 15 yards
    18 rounds 90 seconds 25 yards
    (from the holster, no use of any support)

I was not happy with my first results, so I tried it again. I kept having heavy trigger finger oops. In other words, my sights were not aligned to shoot but my trigger finger was too heavy. I am used to my 3.5# 1911 trigger which feels heavier than the LTT SA trigger break.

here is my first try out to 15 yards and 3 ooops

and my completed 50 rounds out to 25 yards disappointment. There were several oooops at 25.

Thinking I could do better....I tried again

Out to 15 yards with a single oooops at 15 yards

Completed target and still disappointed in my heavy trigger finger in SA. Two 8s

I will go up in the mainspring weight till I get used to this very smooth action.

I also plan to install a 10-8 rear sight to try it out as I am not a big fan of the .150 notch rear sight.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 01-06-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List