Page 13 of 194 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    So...do all these different frames and slide combos take different holsters?

The Beretta world seems....confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

It's my experience that if you buy a holster made for a Brigadier slide that those holsters will also fit regular slide Beretta's including Centurions. I am not sure if this is true for railed frame holsters, and them fitting regular frame guns. The good thing is that Blade-Tech offers holsters in almost every Beretta iteration. JMCK also has a wide variety if holsters for Beretta's if IWB And AIWB holsters are needed.

I am a new convert to DA guns (currently shooting a CZ) and have paid almost zero attention to Beretta's in my shooting career. Is there a good website or youtube source that explains the different frames, slides, and parts?

I have gathered from reading various forums why decock only levers and slides with dovetail sights are desired, but the rest is basically greek to me.

I really enjoy my CZ, but the durability of a Beretta and one set up out of the box sounds appealing. I'm curious to learn more.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Kinda, sorta, yes?

Really depends on the gun and the holster (particularly the retention mechanism). Frame changes such as rounded vs. squared trigger guards and the addition of a picatinny rail can really mess with holster compatibility (particularly kydex). Slide dimensions can also change - particularly when going from the legacy 92FS slide to the thicker Brigadier, and that can also cause problems. The Vertec slide can preserve some holster compatibility with the older 92s. I've read that the 92A1 won't fit some 92 holsters due to the slide/frame dimension differences.

Then again, I had a Wilson Tactical Assault holster that could take a great variety of 92s, and my Blade-tech holster fits both my M9 and Brigadier Tactical...so it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    It's my experience that if you buy a holster made for a Brigadier slide that those holsters will also fit regular slide Beretta's including Centurions. I am not sure if this is true for railed frame holsters, and them fitting regular frame guns. The good thing is that Blade-Tech offers holsters in almost every Beretta iteration.
    This mirrors my experience.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-16-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    I am a new convert to DA guns (currently shooting a CZ) and have paid almost zero attention to Beretta's in my shooting career. Is there a good website or youtube source that explains the different frames, slides, and parts?

I have gathered from reading various forums why decock only levers and slides with dovetail sights are desired, but the rest is basically greek to me.

I really enjoy my CZ, but the durability of a Beretta and one set up out of the box sounds appealing. I'm curious to learn more.
    This is the massive 170+ page pistol-forum thread on Berettas...dive in!

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

The Beretta Forum is a great resource as well. There are some amazing sources of detailed information there (like this chart). Their 92 series FAQ is full of great info.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-16-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I guess it depends in part on whether it makes sense to build holsters for railed guns with nothing hanging off the rail. If you're leaving room for a weapon light the difference in trigger guard shape between various models matters less.

On the other hand, the amount of variation in 92 series guns is less than that of HKs hammer fired 9mm line: USP, USPc, P2000, P30L, P30.

Site Supporter
    As JSGlock34 noted, it's more of an issue with duty / retention holsters.

I am pretty stoked for the G conversion kits and also seeing where this goes. I have made up my mind that Pizza guns and Lem guns compliment each other and they are both nice to have

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I am pretty stoked for the G conversion kits and also seeing where this goes. I have made up my mind that Pizza guns and Lem guns compliment each other and they are both nice to have
    I think LEM guns go well with DA/SA and striker pistols, too.

I slept in a tent in bear country in Montana last night, wearing my USP LEM 45 with super ammo in a JM AIWB, in my sleeping bag, and can't think of a pistol I would rather sleep with!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Was the 90-TWO ever offered from the factory as a 'G'? I've only heard of conversions.
    I seem to remember reading that a small number did come from the factory as G models, maybe for a PD somewhere? Truthfully I can neither confirm nor deny. The -TWO is one Beretta that I'd like to get my hands on one day, just to see how bad those grips really are. I've never heard anything flattering said about them.

User Tag List