Page 124 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    With Die Hard DecemberTM fast approaching, I found my interest in the Beretta 92 rising again. I was somewhat early to the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical party, and my BrigTac is one of my favorite pistols. It had been my companion to a Langdon Tactical class, and its trigger had been tuned by Ernest himself. But as a Pizza-gun nerd, I was excited by the LTT Elite 92, and it was past time to add one to my collection (ordered with LTT trigger job of course).

Out of the box, I was impressed. This LTT92 has by far the best slide to frame fit of my Beretta 92s (which consist of the aforementioned Brigadier Tactical and a M9). There is absolutely no wiggle in the slide - the pistol is tight. I'm sure Ernest is right when he says that these 92s have the best lock-up yet from Beretta.

I did decide to drop a 12# spring into the LTT92. My Brigadier Tactical has a fantastic LTT trigger job, as well as a few thousand rounds of wear, so it currently enjoys a small advantage over its sibling. I suspect this difference is a temporary one, and will quickly fade as the trigger components wear in. In the meantime, the lighter hammer spring narrowed the gap further, and I also took the opportunity to add a Wilson Combat magazine guide.

This afternoon I was able to get the Elite out for its first range session. I have a JMCK holster on order, so today I depended on my Blade-tech OWB - it's a universal fit for the 92. I've yet to find a 92 that won't fit, and the LTT92 was no exception. I used a mix of 15 round Beretta OEM magazines and 18 round Mec-Gar Anti-Friction magazines. Unsurprisingly, the pistol proved 100% reliable through just over 300 rounds of ammunition, mostly American Eagle 124 grain FMJ, but also a box of Federal Syntech Action Pistol 150 grain, as well as a magazine of Speer G2 147 grain JHP.

What did surprise me is that the pistol tracked noticeably flatter than the Brigadier Tactical. Others had remarked about it, and I knew that there was a reason that Ernest favored the Vertec slide over the Brigadier, but I was surprised that I was able to notice the difference. My first run of "The Test" was a 97 - all in the black. The LTT92 sights are fantastic - easy to pick up and perfectly regulated at 25 yards.

On another note, I had sent the Brigadier Tactical back to Wilson Combat for a frame dehorn, as I'm sensitive to the hot spot near the trigger guard. The radiused trigger guard eliminates this issue from the factory, and is a much appreciated feature.

All in all, a great addition to the Beretta lineup. This is now my favorite Beretta 92. Well done, Ernest.

Attachment 31804
    Very nice overview. Mine should be arriving at my FFL on Tuesday.

Will the Wilson Combat U notch rear sight fit the dovetail on the LTT?

I tool both my Wilson Combat Brig Tac and LTT Elite to the range this weekend. Shooting them back to back, I found that I preferred the Wilson Combat rear sight over the LTT. The LTT has a wider notch than the Brig Tac which made it a little more difficult to align. On the other hand the wider notch does allow a you to see more of the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Jed View Post
    Will the Wilson Combat U notch rear sight fit the dovetail on the LTT?

I tool both my Wilson Combat Brig Tac and LTT Elite to the range this weekend. Shooting them back to back, I found that I preferred the Wilson Combat rear sight over the LTT. The LTT has a wider notch than the Brig Tac which made it a little more difficult to align. On the other hand the wider notch does allow a you to see more of the target.
    Yes. I installed it a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post

Do you recall which height you went with? I think .270 is the standard factory height.

Thanks

Uncle Jed

Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post

I installed the .310” battlesight. This was with a ameriglo spartan front sight. This got me as close to “combat sight” configuration for my eyes.

Good range session with the LTT92 and the Keeper holster. A few sub-six second FAST times and a 287 on the Advanced Super Test. 100% reliability to date.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Anyone have difficulty getting an X300A to lock in on the rail of their LTT 92? My X300 butts up against the trigger guard and the crossbar doesn't engage. It fits a Colt Rail gun without any interference.
    Last edited by Inkwell 41; 11-11-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Site Supporter
    Mine wouldn't fit either but I did some googling and found the fix. Loosen the screws on either side of the locking bar. I only had to back them off about 1/8 turn.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Mine wouldn't fit either but I did some googling and found the fix. Loosen the screws on either side of the locking bar. I only had to back them off about 1/8 turn.
    I'll try that. Thank you!
    Last edited by Inkwell 41; 11-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Odd question: Anyone have an insight to how many of these Beretta is releasing? I'd like to snag one but picked up a PX4 CC yesterday after trying it at my lgs. I really don't want to miss grabbing one for a my DA/SA nightstand pistol. Thanks in advance.

User Tag List