Page 123 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    OK...

work has been rough lately.

I am teaching an academy class in early Nov....so at the latest...then.
    Work? WORK!?

<sound of retired geezer cackling manically>

Seriously, glad you snagged it and I know you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to the range report!
    Last edited by revchuck38; 10-21-2018 at 07:23 PM.

I ran 250 rounds through my LTT Elite today trying to get the feel of the pistol. I have shot Glocks for the last 25 years or so and this gun feels completely different. It's going to take a little while until it is automatic in my hands.

Have I said this pistol is accurate? Well it is. When I shoot Glocks I have low left hits. With the Elite I still have a few but there are not as many and they aren't that far out.

Today I shot without a timer, just trying to get used to the feel of the trigger and cycling.

I shot at 25 yards first with 147 HST and then with 115 PMC. The 147 hit slightly right and the 115 hit center.

Name:  IMG_2285.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  32.6 KB Name:  IMG_2287.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  44.1 KB

I am hoping to shoot my LTT on Friday. Probably wont have time to test on a sandbag.

I did check the trigger weight. Its nice and I am sure it will lessen further down the road.

Still waiting on a holster. I hope it will fit in a cheapo G21 holster.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

What hammer spring do you have in the LTT? 8#8oz is way high. I am at 6#8oz w/ TJIBs and 12# hammer springs in my 92s.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    What hammer spring do you have in the LTT? 8#8oz is way high. I am at 6#8oz w/ TJIBs and 12# hammer springs in my 92s.
    I am not sure.

I bought it from Langdon with a trigger job, so I am assuming its the standard TJIB.

After it has some miles, I will play with springs.

Shot my Full Boat Elite again today and despite my poor eyesight it made me look good! Been experimenting with ammo, so far it likes the Atlanta Arms “Premium” 124 Grain FMJ’s the best. Precision Delta 124 JHP wasn’t bad, and Speer Lawman 124Grain FMJ’s are good too. Next time I will run some Atlanta Arms Elite 115 Grain JHP and 147 Grain JHP through it to see the results.

Shot the LTTT (the extra T is for Tight)

Ammo (CCI Lawman 147 TMJ)

The first 50 rounds I shot the TDA Dot Torture. I carried a TDA from 1998 to 2008 on duty. Had a CZ SP01 and a M9A1 for a spell but have not messed with TDA for a while.

I was unfamiliar with the drill, so some of time was used to walk back up to the target to read the next stage. My support hand only ...... well, got sloppy.

I felt some muzzle drops on DA shots. I need some time with this piece.

I then shot our qual course (50 rounds) which is 5 rounds from the 25 yard line from behind cover and 10 rounds from 15 yards. the remaining are 7 yards and in.

I am over 55 so the eyes (corrected) have a clear front sight but the target is blurry but can be made out.

25 yards were slow fire but I did have my support hand steadying my movement against a 4x4 barricade. These were 5 shots from 25 yards. I am not sure if the left drift is me or if I need a sight adjustment. My 50 shots does seem to have a left drift.

Not my best performance.

Brand new to you pistol? Looks like good shooting to me. You’ll only get better with it.

With Die Hard DecemberTM fast approaching, I found my interest in the Beretta 92 rising again. I was somewhat early to the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical party, and my BrigTac is one of my favorite pistols. It had been my companion to a Langdon Tactical class, and its trigger had been tuned by Ernest himself. But as a Pizza-gun nerd, I was excited by the LTT Elite 92, and it was past time to add one to my collection (ordered with LTT trigger job of course).

Out of the box, I was impressed. This LTT92 has by far the best slide to frame fit of my Beretta 92s (which consist of the aforementioned Brigadier Tactical and a M9). There is absolutely no wiggle in the slide - the pistol is tight. I'm sure Ernest is right when he says that these 92s have the best lock-up yet from Beretta.

I did decide to drop a 12# spring into the LTT92. My Brigadier Tactical has a fantastic LTT trigger job, as well as a few thousand rounds of wear, so it currently enjoys a small advantage over its sibling. I suspect this difference is a temporary one, and will quickly fade as the trigger components wear in. In the meantime, the lighter hammer spring narrowed the gap further, and I also took the opportunity to add a Wilson Combat magazine guide.

This afternoon I was able to get the Elite out for its first range session. I have a JMCK holster on order, so today I depended on my Blade-tech OWB - it's a universal fit for the 92. I've yet to find a 92 that won't fit, and the LTT92 was no exception. I used a mix of 15 round Beretta OEM magazines and 18 round Mec-Gar Anti-Friction magazines. Unsurprisingly, the pistol proved 100% reliable through just over 300 rounds of ammunition, mostly American Eagle 124 grain FMJ, but also a box of Federal Syntech Action Pistol 150 grain, as well as a magazine of Speer G2 147 grain JHP.

What did surprise me is that the pistol tracked noticeably flatter than the Brigadier Tactical. Others had remarked about it, and I knew that there was a reason that Ernest favored the Vertec slide over the Brigadier, but I was surprised that I was able to notice the difference. My first run of "The Test" was a 97 - all in the black. The LTT92 sights are fantastic - easy to pick up and perfectly regulated at 25 yards.

On another note, I had sent the Brigadier Tactical back to Wilson Combat for a frame dehorn, as I'm sensitive to the hot spot near the trigger guard. The radiused trigger guard eliminates this issue from the factory, and is a much appreciated feature.

All in all, a great addition to the Beretta lineup. This is now my favorite Beretta 92. Well done, Ernest.

Name:  IMG_0128.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  60.1 KB
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-28-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    With Die Hard DecemberTM fast approaching, I found my interest in the Beretta 92 rising again. I was somewhat early to the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical party, and my BrigTac is one of my favorite pistols. It had been my companion to a Langdon Tactical class, and its trigger had been tuned by Ernest himself. But as a Pizza-gun nerd, I was excited by the LTT Elite 92, and it was past time to add one to my collection (ordered with LTT trigger job of course).

Out of the box, I was impressed. This LTT92 has by far the best slide to frame fit of my Beretta 92s (which consist of the aforementioned Brigadier Tactical and a M9). There is absolutely no wiggle in the slide - the pistol is tight. I'm sure Ernest is right when he says that these 92s have the best lock-up yet from Beretta.

I did decide to drop a 12# spring into the LTT92. My Brigadier Tactical has a fantastic LTT trigger job, as well as a few thousand rounds of wear, so it currently enjoys a small advantage over its sibling. I suspect this difference is a temporary one, and will quickly fade as the trigger components wear in. In the meantime, the lighter hammer spring narrowed the gap further, and I also took the opportunity to add a Wilson Combat magazine guide.

This afternoon I was able to get the Elite out for its first range session. I have a JMCK holster on order, so today I depended on my Blade-tech OWB - it's a universal fit for the 92. I've yet to find a 92 that won't fit, and the LTT92 was no exception. I used a mix of 15 round Beretta OEM magazines and 18 round Mec-Gar Anti-Friction magazines. Unsurprisingly, the pistol proved 100% reliable through just over 300 rounds of ammunition, mostly American Eagle 124 grain FMJ, but also a box of Federal Syntech Action Pistol 150 grain, as well as a magazine of Speer G2 147 grain JHP.

What did surprise me is that the pistol tracked noticeably flatter than the Brigadier Tactical. Others had remarked about it, and I knew that there was a reason that Ernest favored the Vertec slide over the Brigadier, but I was surprised that I was able to notice the difference. My first run of "The Test" was a 97 - all in the black. The LTT92 sights are fantastic - easy to pick up and perfectly regulated at 25 yards.

On another note, I had sent the Brigadier Tactical back to Wilson Combat for a frame dehorn, as I'm sensitive to the hot spot near the trigger guard. The radiused trigger guard eliminates this issue from the factory, and is a much appreciated feature.

All in all, a great addition to the Beretta lineup. This is now my favorite Beretta 92. Well done, Ernest.

Name:  IMG_0128.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  60.1 KB
    I agree 100% that is why I will buy a second ASAP.

User Tag List