Page 12 of 194 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    92a1 is a perfectly good gun and the majority of the small parts work on them...They shoot much flatter then the standard m9 or 92fs and have a dovetailed front with a railed lower. I understand what your saying but saying they don't have much appeal is a little much.

with that said, people like messing with shit so sure the 92a1 wouldnt be good if you had a spare slide you wanted to put on it... with that said it shoots really well.
    I don't think we're far off. Like I said, I'm sure the 92A1 is a fine shooter. The practical differences between a 92A1 and the rest of the 92 lineup are hardly worth debating, unless you're a Pizza gun enthusiast/purist. The 92A1 never appealed to me because I prefer 'G' models for a carry pistol. For a while I was hunting a Vertec 'G' slide to swap onto one of my other 92 pistols. And from what I can tell, the revival of interest in the 92 on this forum took off when the 'G' models came back. The 92A1 has been in continuous production since 2010, and for a while it was the only 92 in production with a dovetailed front sight, but it didn't stop everyone from lobbying for the return of the Elite series or Vertec.

Who knows what things would look like today had Beretta introduced a 92A1-G back in 2010?

But in any case, these are good days to be a Beretta 92 fan. Wilson guns, Langdon guns, M9A3s, Vertecs, Brigadiers, Compacts...good days.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-15-2016 at 10:27 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I don't think we're far off. Like I said, I'm sure the 92A1 is a fine shooter. The practical differences between a 92A1 and the rest of the 92 lineup are hardly worth debating, unless you're a Pizza gun enthusiast/purist. The 92A1 never appealed to me because I prefer 'G' models for a carry pistol. For a while I was hunting a Vertec 'G' slide to swap onto one of my other 92 pistols. And from what I can tell, the revival of interest in the 92 on this forum took off when the 'G' models came back. The 92A1 has been in continuous production since 2010, and for a while it was the only 92 in production with a dovetailed front sight, but it didn't stop everyone from lobbying for the return of the Elite series or Vertec.

Who knows what things would look like today had Beretta introduced a 92A1-G back in 2010?

But in any case, these are good days to be a Beretta 92 fan. Wilson guns, Langdon guns, M9A3s, Vertecs, Brigadiers, Compacts...good days.
    yup, completely agree. If they introduce these G "kits" I will have a 92a1 with a x300 hd gun and hopefully a centurion carry gun from wilson... people can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    yup, completely agree. If they introduce these G "kits" I will have a 92a1 with a x300 hd gun and hopefully a centurion carry gun from wilson... people can dream right?
    If I could get a Langdon DA pull on a Centurion D, I might hang up the HK.

I'm pretty excited about this pizza gun renaissance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    ....As ReverendMeat pointed out, the 90-TWO and 92A1 were also never offered in a 'G' version....
    Well....that's not exactly true, at least in the 90-TWO's case. There were a few G models that were offered, and the 90-TWO was the original user-convertible G model albeit nearly unknown to buyers. Brownells used to carry the parts, although not usually all of them at the same time. The M9A3 universal lever setup is really just following in the footsteps of the PX and 90-TWO series, which also have universal slides.

I have seen on BF where a member took his 92A1 and put a 90-TWO top end and slide release on it. But not sure if the 90-TWO G levers would transplant into the 92A1 slide, as I'm not sure exactly how related these two slides are. Nor have I looked in the last couple of years on Brownells' site to see if the 90-TWO G levers are even still available.
    Last edited by Welder; 07-16-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    The E1A was not anywhere close to that. It was a Brig G slide on a Vertec frame.
    Got it backwards then

I honestly think the rail is better. I don't know about brig versus vertec slide. If the brig slide is more durable then the brig slide. If not, then why not go vertec to have more holster choices

Only scenario I could see not wanting a rail is if they did a steel frame version for USPSA which I doubt will happen because Beretta doesn't seem to care about competition anymore (sadly)
    Last edited by pastaslinger; 07-16-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    Do you know what parts can't be swapped aside from the slide/frame?
    The most obvious is the disassembly button on the right side of the frame. The 92A1/96A1 button is round. All other 92/M9 guns have an oval button. Of course the frame cuts are different for the different shaped button.

92A1 http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-a1/#Main

Everything else http://www.beretta.com/en-us/firearm...&c=Full&mpp=24

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    If I could get a Langdon DA pull on a Centurion D, I might hang up the HK.

I'm pretty excited about this pizza gun renaissance.
    As a dedicated DAO and LEM user, a Centurion D with the ability to swap sights and attach a light would also allow me to retire my P30 system. It is a bit easier for me to work on the 92-series guns, and the parts are much easier for me to get. Beretta has been really good about quickly shipping orders and offers a discount for Beretta Forum members, and WC has some nice parts. I also like that the current DoD service pistol is starting to see an aftermarket industry similar to the 1911.

I can walk into my local dealer and walk out with 92-series magazines, and three of them cost less than MSRP on one P30 magazine. That being said, I go through a lot more 92-series magazines as I still have not deadlined a P30 magazine. And my P30 guns just run. So the magazine thing might be false economy.

Choices are good. Planning on buying two of the EL 92 guns.
    Last edited by farscott; 07-16-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Well....that's not exactly true, at least in the 90-TWO's case. There were a few G models that were offered, and the 90-TWO was the original user-convertible G model albeit nearly unknown to buyers. Brownells used to carry the parts, although not usually all of them at the same time. The M9A3 universal lever setup is really just following in the footsteps of the PX and 90-TWO series, which also have universal slides.

I have seen on BF where a member took his 92A1 and put a 90-TWO top end and slide release on it. But not sure if the 90-TWO G levers would transplant into the 92A1 slide, as I'm not sure exactly how related these two slides are. Nor have I looked in the last couple of years on Brownells' site to see if the 90-TWO G levers are even still available.
    Thanks for posting that - there is a post on converting the 90-TWO to G in the Beretta forum 92 FAQ, which has a dizzying amount of info. My understanding is that this capability was never fully supported and the parts were very hard to come by, but you are right that there are a few out there. You can't put a 90-TWO G lever in a 92A1 slide without machining, but guys like MGW or Wilson can convert a 92A1 to 'G' for about the same price as the 90-TWO levers.

Was the 90-TWO ever offered from the factory as a 'G'? I've only heard of conversions.

The 90-TWO was first and foremost a marketing failure. Another opportunity missed...the major complaint about the 90-TWO were the grips, so Beretta changed the slide with the 92A1...

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    A lot of not-so-tactical people (myself included) would love to see a non-rail frame with a Vertec type slide. It seems like between the 92A1, Vertec, 90-Two, Brig, etc, every other combination has been represented but that.
    In the "I learn something new every day category" of esoteric Beretta models, I found that Beretta actually offered a factory non-rail frame with a Vertec type slide at one point. My guess is that some of these 'two-tone' editions were made up of excess parts lying around, but behold! A M9 frame with a Vertec slide...

^^ I'll be in my bunk.

User Tag List