Page 114 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    While not disagreeing with any the comments already made, there are a few things I've noticed as far as using 92's in ALS holsters.

First, the 7TS seems better to me than the older 63xx ALS holster body. I'm going from a small sample size (I only one one Beretta 7TS, compared to three of the 6-series), but I think the 7TS was designed with a more space, since it also fits the Brig Tac.

Secondly, the holster cant matters somewhat, in that it determines if you're rocking the slide slightly away from the locking mechanism, or slightly into the locking mechanism during the draw. However, on the railed slide guns, the rails prevent the slide from moving away from the locking mechanism, making interference more likely. The short frame guns (Compact & Centurion), seem to do a little better than the full size guns, since the shorter rail clears the ALS mechanism sooner. For example, I can get my WC CenTac to work acceptably in my older 6-series ALS bodies, but those holsters are almost guaranteed to snag my LTT Elite.

Third, the dovetailed front sight guns like the LTT have more metal on the slide near the base of the front sight. This extra thickness also increases the chance of interference with the ALS locking mechanism.

Bottom line, if you have to make the LTT Elite work in an ALS, I recommend you start with a 7TS.

Even then, a full size railed dovetail front sight gun (like the LTT) is the most challenging Beretta configuration I know of to draw smoothly from an ALS.
    Which 7TS model are you using with the BrigTac? I haven’t seen one listed to fit the Brig slide yet. I’ve got the one for the 92A1 and it doesn’t fit the bigger slide. In fact I got my 92G-SD stuck in it and had to disassemble the entire holster to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dtrice View Post
    I just went with Cerakote on the whole pistol so it would all match. It works. If the finish wears through eventually, then maybe I'll go with a different color next time.
    Attachment 30604
    That looks great! My only really complaint with the LTT is the bright silver accent parts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker865 View Post
    Which 7TS model are you using with the BrigTac? I haven’t seen one listed to fit the Brig slide yet. I’ve got the one for the 92A1 and it doesn’t fit the bigger slide. In fact I got my 92G-SD stuck in it and had to disassemble the entire holster to get it out.
    I wish I knew for sure, but my 7TS doesn't seem to have a specific 4-digit part number stamped on it like the older 6-series holsters do, and I no longer have the original packaging. The back of the holster is only labeled "Beretta 92F, FS." I've owned this particular 7TS before the Brig Tac was a thing, so when I ordered it, it would have been with a standard M9 in mind.

If you go to the Holster Finder on the Safariland web site, and select "92FS Brigadier" you will get some 7TS options. IIRC, at some point I noticed that those 7TS catalog numbers matched the output for non-Brig models. That observation was what led me to try the Brig Tac again. Given the limited numbers of Brigs and SD's in duty use now, I don't think Safariland would have gone to the expense of making a special mold for the Brig slide guns.

FWIW, I typed "92A1" into the holster finder just now, and didn't get any 7TS options, only some GLS configurations and a leather pancake.
    http://www.safariland.com/holster-se...xt&prefv3=none
    If you have a 7TS that works with a 92A1, I'd like to know more.
    Last edited by Dave J; 09-23-2018 at 10:20 AM.

For those not liking the stainless barrel, I bet you could sell off a new Elite II barrel for more than a standard black extended barrel costs new. They are hard to find. Use the extra money to fund a black trigger, $22. Both would appear to be downgrades but aesthetically it’s your preference. Looking at the history of the 92G Elite series, (of which the LTT is the third now it seems) both previous versions shipped with the stainless, 4.7” barrel with target crown. The LTT is a production Beretta gun, it followed the family trait:
    http://92fs.net/FAQ/S92/92Fam/3%20-%20Brigadiers.gif

(Full charts at the berettaforum, FAQ, 92 section):
    http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98238

For myself, I’ll plan to keep a stock Elite LTT except maybe the sights one day if the fiber optic doesn’t work out or breaks. The stainless accents give it a slight distinction, a great mate to my existing all-black 92A1.
    Last edited by Canyonrat; 09-23-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So it starts to get a little silly with all the different options. It becomes very difficult to keep the price down and delivery quick when you start running an a la carte menu for things. I try to batch things together the best that I can to keep prices low. When you start doing batches of one with Robar or anyone else, the price goes up quite a bit.

Option 2 is possible for an upcharge of around $250 or so. I would have to run the numbers. I really don't want to get into doing every possible combo.
    I wonder if an NP3 Trigger Job in a Bag could be a thing. Would allow a bunch of parts to be done in a large-ish batch at least, and gives people an option thats half-way between the full house and the stock LTT without your a la carte intervention.

I know I'd buy a NP3 kit. . .

Anyone know a good contact for sending parts off for Ionbond?

Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

I wish I knew for sure, but my 7TS doesn't seem to have a specific 4-digit part number stamped on it like the older 6-series holsters do, and I no longer have the original packaging. The back of the holster is only labeled "Beretta 92F, FS." I've owned this particular 7TS before the Brig Tac was a thing, so when I ordered it, it would have been with a standard M9 in mind.

If you go to the Holster Finder on the Safariland web site, and select "92FS Brigadier" you will get some 7TS options. IIRC, at some point I noticed that those 7TS catalog numbers matched the output for non-Brig models. That observation was what led me to try the Brig Tac again. Given the limited numbers of Brigs and SD's in duty use now, I don't think Safariland would have gone to the expense of making a special mold for the Brig slide guns.

FWIW, I typed "92A1" into the holster finder just now, and didn't get any 7TS options, only some GLS configurations and a leather pancake.
    http://www.safariland.com/holster-se...xt&prefv3=none
    If you have a 7TS that works with a 92A1, I'd like to know more.
    The 7TS model I bought for the 92A1 is the 7377.

https://holsterops.com/products/safa...nt=22502913799

Last edited by nightstalker865; 09-23-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker865 View Post
    The 7TS model I bought for the 92A1 is the 7377.

https://holsterops.com/products/safa...nt=22502913799
    Do you know the rest of the numbers? AFAIK, 7377 only tells you that it's a 7TS with belt slide.

Something like 7377-xxx-xxx provides the firearm model, color, handedness etc. In particular, the second set of digits seems to be the firearm model fit. I'm not an expert on Safariland's numbering system, but -73 seems to be the usual Beretta code, e.g. 7377-73-411 meaning a 7TS belt slide for Beretta 92 RH Black. 7378-73-411 would be the exact same holster with a paddle included. Changing -411 to -412 makes it a left hand. -55x instead of -41x makes it FDE instead of black. (I know I typed "4 digit code" in my earlier post, but what I was thinking of is more than four digits

Do you know the rest of the numbers? AFAIK, 7377 only tells you that it's a 7TS with belt slide.

Something like 7377-xxx-xxx provides the firearm model, color, handedness etc. In particular, the second set of digits seems to be the firearm model fit. I'm not an expert on Safariland's numbering system, but -73 seems to be the usual Beretta code, e.g. 7377-73-411 meaning a 7TS belt slide for Beretta 92 RH Black. 7378-73-411 would be the exact same holster with a paddle included. Changing -411 to -412 makes it a left hand. -55x instead of -41x makes it FDE instead of black. (I know I typed "4 digit code" in my earlier post, but what I was thinking of is more than four digits
    Unfortunately I don’t have it with me. Just pulled up the sales invoice and it doesn’t specify a full model code.

See below:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I wonder if an NP3 Trigger Job in a Bag could be a thing. Would allow a bunch of parts to be done in a large-ish batch at least, and gives people an option thats half-way between the full house and the stock LTT without your a la carte intervention.

I know I'd buy a NP3 kit. . .
    I’ve had this same thought. Not sure how thick the NP3 coating would be, but may require a little more fitting to make work properly...? That’s the only issue I could imagine. But I know my “full house” LTT with it is enough better than my TJIB that I would probably upgrade it.

User Tag List