Page 102 of 194 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    What’s all involved with a “full boat Langdon pistol?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So these "full boat" guns have the following;

Carry Bevel: rounding of corners on the frame and slide (back of the slide, nose of the slide edges of the decoking recess, under the trigger guard, inside the trigger guard, beavertail areas, and I open up the mag well more and the opening goes deeper in the frame. The frame is glass beaded before re-anodizing so it has a slightly smoother finish than a factory Beretta.

The frame is re-anodized, Type III, Class 2.
    Slide is Black Cerakote
    All steel parts other than the barrel are NP3ed

George's guns have a full Spartan set on one and Spartan front with a Wilson Les Pep on the other.

I do have two of these full house guns in stock that are finished and ready for sale, fully assembled except for sights, your choice. They are very expensive, so be warned up front. This is a ton of work to do all this to the guns, so I am not pushing these much at all. Very, very time-consuming process. But they are beautiful guns and they feel much different than the factory guns, especially on long range days.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So these "full boat" guns have the following;

Carry Bevel: rounding of corners on the frame and slide (back of the slide, nose of the slide edges of the decoking recess, under the trigger guard, inside the trigger guard, beavertail areas, and I open up the mag well more and the opening goes deeper in the frame. The frame is glass beaded before re-anodizing so it has a slightly smoother finish than a factory Beretta.

The frame is re-anodized, Type III, Class 2.
    Slide is Black Cerakote
    All steel parts other than the barrel are NP3ed

George's guns have a full Spartan set on one and Spartan front with a Wilson Les Pep on the other.

I do have two of these full house guns in stock that are finished and ready for sale, fully assembled except for sights, your choice. They are very expensive, so be warned up front. This is a ton of work to do all this to the guns, so I am not pushing these much at all. Very, very time-consuming process. But they are beautiful guns and they feel much different than the factory guns, especially on long range days.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post
    As a new Beretta convert I wanted to offer my .02:

I'm an avid shooter and a serious collector. I'm prior military and a current LEO for the last 10 years. I carry all the time on and off the clock. Off the clock its AIWB carry almost exclusively. I've also accidentally engaged the safety on an M9/92 when clearing a malfunction or sending the slide home on more than one occasion so the G-lever is a must for me. If the LTT Elite was a true G-model, I'd buy one. That's the ONLY thing missing from this gun IMO. The G-lever conversion part from Beretta was a great idea and long overdue, but its huge and ugly.. The collector in me hates it and the concealed carrier in my can't abide that huge cylinder sticking out on the side (I prefer the single-sided levers). That's why I believe the Wilson Combat spec Berettas have done so well. The Brig Tac, Compact Carry, and Centurion Tactical are all true G. Beretta is stingy with their G-models and they're very difficult to find in the wild which makes them more valuable to collectors and to shooters alike. Wilson figured this out and made themselves the go to place for G-lever guns and conversions...

So when it comes to dropping serious coin on a nice 92--like the LTT Elite, which I really, really want--it's a non-starter for me unless it comes as a true G. I don't want to have to spend more coin sending it off and get it converted by WC or Allegheny Arms... That's why I ended up with a WC Centurion Tactical (which was in miserable condition when I received it and never should've left the factory but all that info is on another thread).. I wanted something unique and practical that set it apart from other Berettas out there and the g-decocker was the hook for me. For the life of me I cant understand why ALL the slides Beretta makes aren't G-model vertec slides (dovetailed FS) and why frames don't come standard with the D-spring. No one wants manual safeties on their guns these days just like they don't want the "lawyer locks". There's a huge segment of shooters that don't know how awesome the Beretta trigger can be with just a simple spring swap... Metal-framed DA/SA pistols aren't dead yet but they just might go extinct if companies like Beretta don't start making changes that the consumers want. If every 92/96 pistol Beretta made came with the LTT TJIB from the factory there would be an industry-wide renaissance for these guns!

I looked high and low for an original 92G vertec and I was willing to pay a premium for it too. I could've just bought a new M9A3 in black, which is essentially the same gun just with a threaded barrel, but it wasn't a true G either. I eventually found an original police trade-in which was beat to hell and not too cheap but since they're kind of rare I bought it and I'm in the process of fixing it up. Now I'm looking for an original 92G centurion and maybe a standard full size 92g to complete the collection. My point is I'm willing to go out of my way for a true G and I think a lot of other shooters and collectors are as well.
    I understand where you are coming from and I also prefer the standard G configuration as well. We went with the conversion lever configuration for several reasons;

1. It allows users to convert back to an F model if they choose to do so. I have had several customers have their gun converted back to F models for their own personal reasons. Not possible with a true G slide.
    2. It is a much more robust part and design. The true G levers have very small role pins that hold in a stamp steel left side lever that is also prone to breaking.
    3. It left the model open to future designs for future levers that Beretta may be working on to be compatible with the standard F slide. Beretta is trying to streamline the process and standardize.
    4. It is much easier to work on the conversion G lever from a maintenance standpoint. Some people find the G lever a challenge to assemble and the right side lever spring and plunger are prone to high velocity esacape to the carpeted areas of your home, to never be seen again. I keep extras on hand for that very reason. As many times as I have worked on the G guns, every once in a while one of them gets away from me. Normally it is not even worth looking for them as they are very elusive. (and here come all the experts that will tell me to put the slide in a big ziplock plastic bag so that it does not happen)

So again, "the gun is almost perfect and I would buy one if it had" ...... all black parts, a threaded barrel, it was inox, it was flat dark earth, it was a real G, it was a Vertec frame, it had a rounded trigger guard like the Wilson gun, it had night sights, it was a Centurion, it was a compact, it was in .40 S&W, etc.

Maybe one day I will get it right.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Same levers on the M9A3 but nobody complains about them there. Funny how that works.

I swapped a G kit on a plain-jane 92FS slide for someone who thought they had cracked their 92G slide (I got it trade to harvest the scarce factory G parts). I've assembled several 92G slides and now one with the G-kit. The only hang-up on the G kit was knowing where to put the pigtail on the right side spring. It's great to have the option now and though the right side lever looks large, well...its actually usable for de-cock unlike the 92G design.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Site Supporter

So again, "the gun is almost perfect and I would buy one if it had" ...... all black parts, a threaded barrel, it was inox, it was flat dark earth, it was a real G, it was a Vertec frame, it had a rounded trigger guard like the Wilson gun, it had night sights, it was a Centurion, it was a compact, it was in .40 S&W, etc.

Ernest-
    You DID get it right.
    You made the finest high-end Beretta 92 available. With a gun marketed to the most avid enthusiasts, there will always be things that we’d like to be a little different, as these are very personal guns.
    But those of us that are experienced in the process of “getting things done,” or “getting things built” also recognize that compromise is an inherent part of the process. Not “compromised” as in “not as good,” but as part of the necessary process to meet the needs of the majority of targeted buyers, and to actually get the thing built at all.

I truly believe that you hit a sweet spot of features that makes this a highly desirable gun. And you and Aimee offer customer service that goes well beyond what Wilson or anyone else offers. Your QC also seems to be miles ahead of the competition- while I’ve seen several BrigTac/CenTac buyers that were disappointed at the quality of their guns, I’ve yet to hear anything negative about yours.

You’re doing well. I truly hope that sales ramp up, and you are financially rewarded for the work that went into creating this gun and the efforts you put into customer service. You deserve it.

Normally it is not even worth looking for them as they are very elusive. (and here come all the experts that will tell me to put the slide in a big ziplock plastic bag so that it does not happen)

Truer words were never spoken!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If the LTT Elite was a true G-model, I'd buy one. That's the ONLY thing missing from this gun IMO. The G-lever conversion part from Beretta was a great idea and long overdue, but its huge and ugly..
    Ahem. Its actually smaller than the stock 92G levers. To wit:

Admittedly, the 92G solution can be run single-sided and that's not easily done on the G Kit. That said, for 99% of those who want G action, its a non-issue.

Wilson figured this out and made themselves the go to place for G-lever guns and conversions...
    AAGW would be the "go to"; WC got in the game MUCH later. Wilson low-pro G levers are squarish and don't feel as good as the original factory 92G lever or the G Kit solution. But you do get that cool logo on it.
    Last edited by PGT; 09-09-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

It's not a matter of getting it right, it's that we're at the point with Berettas that we were with 1911s thirty years ago. I know exactly how I want a 1911 built, which is not how others want them set up. My options with Berettas were Henry Ford-ish until now. Now I can choose between LTT or WC, and I have options for safeties, mag release, trigger jobs, sights, etc. Maybe we're getting to the point of a la carte custom Berettas.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

(and here come all the experts that will tell me to put the slide in a big ziplock plastic bag so that it does not happen)
    Even then they can still make it out of that bag. How do I know?

The G conversion lever is one of, possibly the best thing Beretta has offered for the 92 in the last three decades, a true improvement. I only wish Beretta would step the right hand lever down just a bit further to make it easier to reach, other than that it's great.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    AAGW would be the "go to"; WC got in the game MUCH later. Wilson low-pro G levers are squarish and don't feel as good as the original factory 92G lever or the G Kit solution. But you do get that cool logo on it.
    The G conversion lever is also a solid piece of steel rather than the hollow sheet stamping of the FS lever.

I used the Wilson Lo-pro levers before Beretta introduced the G levers. Once those were available I quickly swapped them out on all my 92s and never looked back. I really don't get why someone would want to remove the right side lever and sacrifice ambidextrous capability for the sake of appearance, but we all have different priorities.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List