Page 101 of 194 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

G-lever

As a new Beretta convert I wanted to offer my .02:

I'm an avid shooter and a serious collector. I'm prior military and a current LEO for the last 10 years. I carry all the time on and off the clock. Off the clock its AIWB carry almost exclusively. I've also accidentally engaged the safety on an M9/92 when clearing a malfunction or sending the slide home on more than one occasion so the G-lever is a must for me. If the LTT Elite was a true G-model, I'd buy one. That's the ONLY thing missing from this gun IMO. The G-lever conversion part from Beretta was a great idea and long overdue, but its huge and ugly.. The collector in me hates it and the concealed carrier in my can't abide that huge cylinder sticking out on the side (I prefer the single-sided levers). That's why I believe the Wilson Combat spec Berettas have done so well. The Brig Tac, Compact Carry, and Centurion Tactical are all true G. Beretta is stingy with their G-models and they're very difficult to find in the wild which makes them more valuable to collectors and to shooters alike. Wilson figured this out and made themselves the go to place for G-lever guns and conversions...

So when it comes to dropping serious coin on a nice 92--like the LTT Elite, which I really, really want--it's a non-starter for me unless it comes as a true G. I don't want to have to spend more coin sending it off and get it converted by WC or Allegheny Arms... That's why I ended up with a WC Centurion Tactical (which was in miserable condition when I received it and never should've left the factory but all that info is on another thread).. I wanted something unique and practical that set it apart from other Berettas out there and the g-decocker was the hook for me. For the life of me I cant understand why ALL the slides Beretta makes aren't G-model vertec slides (dovetailed FS) and why frames don't come standard with the D-spring. No one wants manual safeties on their guns these days just like they don't want the "lawyer locks". There's a huge segment of shooters that don't know how awesome the Beretta trigger can be with just a simple spring swap... Metal-framed DA/SA pistols aren't dead yet but they just might go extinct if companies like Beretta don't start making changes that the consumers want. If every 92/96 pistol Beretta made came with the LTT TJIB from the factory there would be an industry-wide renaissance for these guns!

I looked high and low for an original 92G vertec and I was willing to pay a premium for it too. I could've just bought a new M9A3 in black, which is essentially the same gun just with a threaded barrel, but it wasn't a true G either. I eventually found an original police trade-in which was beat to hell and not too cheap but since they're kind of rare I bought it and I'm in the process of fixing it up. Now I'm looking for an original 92G centurion and maybe a standard full size 92g to complete the collection. My point is I'm willing to go out of my way for a true G and I think a lot of other shooters and collectors are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was at a match today (shooting a Glock) when Ernest texted me a picture of one of my pair of full boat Langdon pistols.

Attachment 30024

Picture of the other side? (is the trigger bar NP3 coated)
    What is the carry bevel, as I thought that was what Dehorning was done by the factory, with this frame? (the point of it)
    What parts, over and above the trigger guard, rear of slide, beveled magwell and magazine release button differ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post

I'm an avid shooter and a serious collector. I'm prior military and a current LEO for the last 10 years. I carry all the time on and off the clock. Off the clock its AIWB carry almost exclusively. I've also accidentally engaged the safety on an M9/92 when clearing a malfunction or sending the slide home on more than one occasion so the G-lever is a must for me. If the LTT Elite was a true G-model, I'd buy one. That's the ONLY thing missing from this gun IMO. The G-lever conversion part from Beretta was a great idea and long overdue, but its huge and ugly.. The collector in me hates it and the concealed carrier in my can't abide that huge cylinder sticking out on the side (I prefer the single-sided levers). That's why I believe the Wilson Combat spec Berettas have done so well. The Brig Tac, Compact Carry, and Centurion Tactical are all true G. Beretta is stingy with their G-models and they're very difficult to find in the wild which makes them more valuable to collectors and to shooters alike. Wilson figured this out and made themselves the go to place for G-lever guns and conversions...

So when it comes to dropping serious coin on a nice 92--like the LTT Elite, which I really, really want--it's a non-starter for me unless it comes as a true G. I don't want to have to spend more coin sending it off and get it converted by WC or Allegheny Arms... That's why I ended up with a WC Centurion Tactical (which was in miserable condition when I received it and never should've left the factory but all that info is on another thread).. I wanted something unique and practical that set it apart from other Berettas out there and the g-decocker was the hook for me. For the life of me I cant understand why ALL the slides Beretta makes aren't G-model vertec slides (dovetailed FS) and why frames don't come standard with the D-spring. No one wants manual safeties on their guns these days just like they don't want the "lawyer locks". There's a huge segment of shooters that don't know how awesome the Beretta trigger can be with just a simple spring swap... Metal-framed DA/SA pistols aren't dead yet but they just might go extinct if companies like Beretta don't start making changes that the consumers want. If every 92/96 pistol Beretta made came with the LTT TJIB from the factory there would be an industry-wide renaissance for these guns!

I looked high and low for an original 92G vertec and I was willing to pay a premium for it too. I could've just bought a new M9A3 in black, which is essentially the same gun just with a threaded barrel, but it wasn't a true G either. I eventually found an original police trade-in which was beat to hell and not too cheap but since they're kind of rare I bought it and I'm in the process of fixing it up. Now I'm looking for an original 92G centurion and maybe a standard full size 92g to complete the collection. My point is I'm willing to go out of my way for a true G and I think a lot of other shooters and collectors are as well.
    Excellent post! Could not agree more on all of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still very new to the Beretta platform but I am familiar at a basic level with the G model. So my question, what makes a “real” G model vs a converted G?

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post

I was at a match today (shooting a Glock) when Ernest texted me a picture of one of my pair of full boat Langdon pistols.

GJM; awesome pistol!

Question; what sights did you get?

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    GJM; awesome pistol!

Question; what sights did you get?

-Rainman
    That I can answer. Serial 5 has the Spartan front and a .305 Pepperoni rear, and 9 has the FO front and black rear that comes standard on the pistol. Hopefully Ernest will be by soon and answer exact questions on the “full boat” treatment. Because of logistics, I won’t get the pistols into my hands for ten days or so, so I just have the photo I posted.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I am still very new to the Beretta platform but I am familiar at a basic level with the G model. So my question, what makes a “real” G model vs a converted G?
    They're both real. The G conversion is different than the levers on a factory G model. All of mine are conversions and I carry one daily without problems.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

That I can answer. Serial 5 has the Spartan front and a .305 Pepperoni rear, and 9 has the FO front and black rear that comes standard on the pistol. Hopefully Ernest will be by soon and answer exact questions on the “full boat” treatment.
    I'd like to hear from him as well because there are a couple of parts I would like to change if I order one.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    They're both real. The G conversion is different than the levers on a factory G model. All of mine are conversions and I carry one daily without problems.
    So it is a matter of lever style, not function?

I did notice the difference between my LTT and WC Brig Tac.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 09-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Site Supporter
    Ernest does his trigger job, a carry bevel all over, anodizes the frame, coats the upper and NP3 to internals.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List