Page 48 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Not quite the same rail...M9A3 has a three slot picatinny rail. Don't think it should affect holster selection though; I'm just a Beretta nerd.

*snip*

Interestingly, the BrigTac has had two different frames...

*snip*

I guess I'm a Beretta nerd as well, as actually I knew that. But yeah, for holsters they should all be pretty much the same.

The newer BT's have better checkering on the grips, but the 2 slot rail looks wrong to me. I guess it's just because of the 92A1. I don't mind the single slot, or the triple slot A3. The 2 slot just looks kinda queer. I guess it's just because I'm so used to see it on the 92A1, and I'm not a huge fan of that gun. It seems out of place on the BT.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 04-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I知 now pondering Wilson Cen-Tac vs new Langdon. I have small hands. Maybe the Langdon? Damn you guys. I知 new to the dasa thing and I知 green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All those beautiful guns you have, one of either will fit right in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I知 now pondering Wilson Cen-Tac vs new Langdon. I have small hands. Maybe the Langdon? Damn you guys. I知 new to the dasa thing and I知 green.
    My two cents...I'd go with the Langdon, though if hand size is a consideration you might want to find a M9A3 or Vertec to hold. There won't be a material difference in trigger reach between the Langdon and the Centurion (they're both variations on the M9A1 frame).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Centac with action tune I can get at $1345. $200 more. Are the grips fatter? How痴 the trigger going to compare? Sorry for all the questions.

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Grip thickness should be very similar if not identical - they're both ultra-thin VZ grips. It's the checkering/pattern that'll differ.

I mentioned this previously, but I found my Brigadier Tactical (same frame as the Centurion) had some seriously sharp edges that revealed themselves during a class. The LTT frame is factory dehorned, which I think is a significant upgrade.

I can't honestly say I've tried a Wilson Action Tune; my Brigadier Tactical has a Langdon trigger. When it went back to Wilson Combat for the dehorn, even they commented that the trigger was fantastic. Of course, Wilson Combat's technical advisor for their Beretta custom work was...Ernest Langdon. There's more than a little of Mr. Langdon in the Wilson Beretta pistols and products. I'm sure the Wilson action tune is excellent and more than a little similar; it's hard to make a bad decision here.

Pistol-Training.com:Beretta Gets a New Spin
    19-Mar-14 – 16:15 by ToddG
    What happens when legendary gunsmith Bill Wilson (not to mention the resources and expertise of all the other incredible gunsmiths at Wilson Combat) take champion Beretta shooter & tuner Ernest Langdon and decide that it’s time to start a Beretta custom shop at Wilson Combat?

You get a lot more than a cool photo. You get Wilson Combat’s Custom Beretta 92/96 Work & Accessories.

I sense a 2015 endurance test gun in there somewhere…

Train hard & stay safe! ToddG
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-26-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Sounds like the LTT is the better choice then for sure. The dehorn sounds like a smart idea. Surprised the wilsons aren稚 dehorned really well.

Last edited by newyork; 04-26-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    Rich

Can anyone suggest 10rd mags. I know it値l be swapped but for additional mags. Factory? Mecgar?

The factory 10s work fine. I have several for both the BT and 92C. Watch Beretta USA on-line because they run some pretty good mag sales often.

Rich

Hammertime
    LTT>Cen Tac>Brig Tac. No question about it.

My Brig will be sold. About the only thing I may like better on the Brig are the thicker grips.

Sounds like the LTT is the better choice then for sure. The dehorn sounds like a smart idea. Surprised the wilsons aren稚 dehorned really well.

I carried an M9 for years and never felt it needed dehorning,before and after it went to Wilson for work.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List