Page 117 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Sometime before production, Mr Langdon said at least 2000 would be produced to be USPSA legal. Should just be a matter of time.

I picked up my second LTT Elite from my FFL yesterday afternoon. Even though it has been rainy all week and my backyard range is a bit muddy, I had to shoot it before dark after dry firing it about two hundred times. One hundred and fifty rounds of 147-grain Fiocchi later, I had one heck of a grin on my face. I spent a lot of time drawing from my VM-2, firing two shots, decocking, holstering, and repeating the process. I also shot a few magazines with a Surefire X300 attached. I did not shoot for groups, but I did try hitting the gong at one hundred yards in DA. That is a tough challenge for me as my eyes are not great and I am not the most skilled shooter. Took me better than half a magazine to get on target and then my hit rate was three for seven. For me, in poor light with a new pistol at the end of a long day, that is amazing.

The DA trigger on this pistol is absolutely amazing. The combo of the grip frame tweaks and the ultra-thin grips works really well for my hands. My wife also mentioned how much she likes the LTT Elite based on her dry firing. The LTT Elite is going to relegate my Glocks to the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I guess I am too new to this competition shooting to understand. From the rules:
    "8.2.1 Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP)
    Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:
    A. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units......"
    Are you thinking ESP?
    Sorry, I was just being flippant.

My understanding is you can shoot the Langdon 92 in Limited right now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

i'm pretty sure IDPA does not separate various models of the 92. total production is well over 20k, so any new 92 model is good to go. and if a part appears on one factory model, it's ok to use on your pistol, even if yours did not come with that part.

Spartan Front Only?

Anyone know, if you swap only the front sight to the Spartan tritium on an Elite LTT, will it be height-aligned right with the stock serrated rear sight? (The rear sight that comes with the fiber optic front.)

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonrat View Post
    Anyone know, if you swap only the front sight to the Spartan tritium on an Elite LTT, will it be height-aligned right with the stock serrated rear sight? (The rear sight that comes with the fiber optic front.)
    M old eyes have a hard time picking up the FO sight, I just looked on Mr. Langdon web site and this was noted on the spartan sights. I'm thinking about sending mine back to LTT to have all the small parts Np3 like the full boat Elites and add the spartan sights.

Ameriglo Spartan Sights for the Elite LTT!
    Available as a set or Front Sight Only. If you want the Front Sight Only, you must combine with a Wilson Combat Battlesight Rear for proper Point of Impact.
    Last edited by Tim92G; 09-28-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim92G View Post
    M old eyes have a hard time picking up the FO sight, I just looked on Mr. Langdon web site and this was noted on the spartan sights. I'm thinking about sending mine back to LTT to have all the small parts Np3 like the full boat Elites and add the spartan sights.

Ameriglo Spartan Sights for the Elite LTT!
    Available as a set or Front Sight Only. If you want the Front Sight Only, you must combine with a Wilson Combat Battlesight Rear for proper Point of Impact.
    And then there are 3 different heights of Wilson Battlesight to choose from...? I’m just trying to emulate a stock height setup not change distance optimization. LTT does not appear to sell the FO sight set separately, thought there might be a chance I could keep the rear intact.

And then there are 3 different heights of Wilson Battlesight to choose from...? I’m just trying to emulate a stock height setup not change distance optimization. LTT does not appear to sell the FO sight set separately, thought there might be a chance I could keep the rear intact.

My bad, I thought you meant the set with the orange front sight,

I paired my Spartan Front with the Les Pepperoni square notch rear Wilson sight and it is .305''. I haven't shot it yet so will report back after I shoot this combo. I will go to the range on Tuesday and note any issues other than my shooting ability.

John

FYI if you were wanting NP3'd steel parts without the carry bevel and refinish, the option is available on Langdon's site now, with or without Spartan sights.

User Tag List