Page 142 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Finally snagged an LTT....

Yeah...Ernest's excellent TJIAB on my two other similar configured guns has ruined me. The LTT Elite is nice but nowhere near is as nice as the pair flanking it.....action tune and 11# springs in them. Guess I'll have to order some more kits.

Question....does the NP3 option cover all parts in the kit? I'd like to get all the action parts done in NP3.

| 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Yes it does. One thing to note, the hammer becomes silver and is a really good match for an inox slide. You have to decide if you would like on a black slide.

I have an NP3 TJIB and am not sure I like it. I love that the DA dropped to a flat 6# and zero ounces. I am just not sure I like the 3# zero ounces SA. I shot it the first time and decided to install a bone stock sear to experiment. That got me back to a 3# 5 oz SA pull. But it is just a bit too much of a snap feel. So the NP3 sear is back in waiting for more shooting. (BTW all the pull weights are w/ a 12# spring) When I first got a TJIB the 3.5# SA took some getting used to but I shot it every Tues night all last summer til end of Oct and love it. May be I will get used to the 3# SA for my range/competition gun but probably not for a defense gun. Some other experimenting I want to do is TJIB and maybe NP3 TJIB w/ 16# (D) spring. As great as the TJIB is, the NP3 version is one more step better. It's not just the weight#s, the NP3 6# DA pull is incredibly smooth.

I'll be sending off all the small parts for NP3...I generally don't like barrels not matching the slides (like the new M9A3's) but if all the small parts match, I find it more aesthetically pleasing.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Picked up my LTT Elite on Thursday. I never really cared much about the 92 until now, that being said this is by far the best DA/SA gun I’ve ever shot and absolutely the best handgun purchase I’ve ever made, and that’s measured against a standard 92FS, West German 226, HK P30 and a Glock 19.

Group was shot at 25 yds using 124gr MEN. The pistol definitely shoots better than I do. I think if I could do my part better this is a legitimate sub 2” pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the gun’s, without trigger upgrade,compare to a 92 with D spring or 92A3 Trigger ?

If you had a base LTT and ordered the TJIAB, is it essentially the same as if ordered with trigger upgrades directly?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    How does the gun’s, without trigger upgrade,compare to a 92 with D spring or 92A3 Trigger ?

If you had a base LTT and ordered the TJIAB, is it essentially the same as if ordered with trigger upgrades directly?
    It’s lighter and smoother.

The TJIAB is essentially the same as if you sent the firearm in for the trigger work. The only difference is that LTT does a once over on the pistol and makes sure everything is good.

The TJIAB is a great value because the cost to ship a firearm is substantial.

It’s pretty easy to install. Just take your time, don’t force anything and call LTT if you have any questions.

Having the trigger job done in house is better than a TJIB. I have one of each and in-house is better. I have a couple guns with D springs, it's a nice improvement over the 20# spring typical of the FS models. Even better is to order a 14# polished spring from LTT for $8. IMO just a 14# spring make a pretty serious improvement while being reliable without needing to do anything else. You can get much better but the cost starts to go up pretty quick for the relative improvement in trigger pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Sounds like when I’m ready. Ordering with trigger job is best.

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

https://youtu.be/E9Edtt7PeiY

If you can suffer through me talking along like an idiot, I compare an LTT with Langdon trigger work to a Langdon M9, which comes stock with a D spring.

LTT trigger job is smoother. DA breaks at a distinct crisp point. A D spring alone DA actually breaks from one point to another, its not a distinct crisp point. SA breaks are similar, but the LTT takes less weight to break and feels "cleaner" than the D spring. You can see what I mean in the video.

To be honest, it took me a second to adjust.to the LTT because its so smooth it felt odd after shooting the D spring. It is absolutely worth the cost.

-Cory

User Tag List