Page 171 of 194 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    While I love the look of the barrel crown option, does it have any advantages, and what about disadvantages? I expect a disadvantage would be the front sight would get dirtier, from any unburnt powder, etc. when firing.
    I’ll leave others to say if there are advantages other than this - it’d be a hell of a lot easier to keep clean, and I’d love to have it done for that reason . I don’t guess it’s IDPA SSP legal, though, under 8.2.1.2 K and 8.2.1.3 A unfortunately. I’m open to correction if someone thinks differently.

What kind of barrel crown?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    My only nagging issue with the Elite is the G lever - it has a tendency to intermittently stick in the decock position. Changing springs and adding lube (per Beretta’s instructions) haven’t solved the issue. I’m starting to wish it had come with the old style G controls on my BrigTac but that’s a nitpick.
    As a lefty, the lever on my LTT chews my right hand up when I do over hand slide releases. The profile of the right side safety lever is very "square" for lack of a better description. The old style safety lever on my Brigtac doesn't do that at all. I'll probably have LTT swap out for the old style levers when I send it in later this year for a work over and NP3 treatment.

My only nagging issue with the Elite is the G lever - it has a tendency to intermittently stick in the decock position. Changing springs and adding lube (per Beretta’s instructions) haven’t solved the issue. I’m starting to wish it had come with the old style G controls on my BrigTac but that’s a nitpick.
    Have you tried trimming the spring for the left side plunger? I noticed last time I had one of mine apart that the left plunger still has an fs action to it. When I was re-assembling it I noticed that w/o the spring in the right side, it will lock in decock position just like an fs. It's not a real strong lock, so the right side spring is strong enough to overcome the left side plunger. When I first did a G conversion I was tempted to leave the left spring and plunger out but didn't. One of the BUSA employees who comes to the berettaforum, mentioned that they leave the left plunger in the design because it has a role to play in that it keeps the assembly from over travel so the lever can't go up beyond horizontal. movement. I have however cut a 2 coils from the left side spring.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    What kind of barrel crown?
    This kind from LTT.

Langdon Tactical is now offering a custom 20-degree barrel crown. This crowning process reduces the overall length of the gun by bringing the barrel flush with the end of the slide, giving a true custom look to the barrel end of the gun. A Cut and Crown Barrel maximizes accuracy potential and reduces carbon build-up making the muzzle area much easier to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    I'll probably have LTT swap out for the old style levers when I send it in later this year for a work over and NP3 treatment.
    I didn't think you could install the old style G levers on a LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Have you tried trimming the spring for the left side plunger?
    I haven't tried trimming the spring - since the upper is on its way back to LTT I'll defer to their judgement. I'll keep it in mind though if the problem resurfaces. Were you having problems with the decocker sticking as well?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I didn't think you could install the old style G levers on a LTT.
    I assumed it would? If not, guess I'll leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I’ll leave others to say if there are advantages other than this - it’d be a hell of a lot easier to keep clean, and I’d love to have it done for that reason . I don’t guess it’s IDPA SSP legal, though, under 8.2.1.2 K and 8.2.1.3 A unfortunately. I’m open to correction if someone thinks differently.
    This, it is much easier to clean. And it does look really nice.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I have been carrying my LTT on duty.

Today a co-worker and I were at the range and as usual we got into challenges.

I had brand new MecGar 18s, I tested for the first time.

we got into some speed challenges and my slide was not locking to the rear. I immediately blamed the mag, but it happened again and again.

I purposely shot the LTT one handed with my thumb out of the way and the slide locked back on the mags. So its my big ol thumb.

I recall reading many pages ago that someone trimmed the mini paddle off the slide stop. I dont recall the follow up.

anyone cut the paddle off and it worked over changing thumb position. It would seem the thickness of the slide stop lever (not the mini paddle) would still have enough meat for those who use it as a release.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 09-06-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I have been carrying my LTT on duty.

Today a co-worker and I were at the range and as usual we got into challenges.

I had brand new MecGar 18s, I tested for the first time.

we got into some speed challenges and my slide was not locking to the rear. I immediately blamed the mag, but it happened again and again.

I purposely shot the LTT one handed with my thumb out of the way and the slide locked back on the mags. So its my big ol thumb.

I recall reading many pages ago that someone trimmed the mini paddle off the slide stop. I dont recall the follow up.

anyone cut the paddle off and it worked over changing thumb position. It would seem the thickness of the slide stop lever (not the mini paddle) would still have enough meat for those who use it as a release.

I am accustom to the slide not locking back most of the time on any gun, but I did find with my LTT even the slightest hint of pressure on the slide release would prevent it from locking back.
    I have gone as far a hand cycling the gun with only so much pressure that I can barely feel the lever under my thumb and it won't lock back. I wonder if there is a extra power spring available.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 09-06-2019 at 08:08 PM.

It may be the grips putting your thumb closer to the slide stop lever than on other 92's

User Tag List