Page 43 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    When ordering a Wilson Beretta, the action tune, basically a trigger job, is an add on to the base price. Base price from LTT for a Langdon 92 is $999. There is an option to get it with a trigger job that adds $165 to the cost. So the LTT 92 with a trigger job costs basically the same or a bit less than a Wilson with no trigger job. To me, this makes buying the LTT with trigger job the preferred option when it comes to an upgraded 92.
    I look at thia pistol very much the same way with regards to price vs a Wilson.

-Cory

As far as price goes, I can kinda understand the difference from a business perspective (using Wilson parts, the marketing power of the Wilson brand, and the business it brought to Beretta) but from a practical perspective, I think you're getting a much better deal for the price of the LTT and Ernest Langdon is going to be big-time marketing power in keeping the 92 a desired pistol.

As for choosing one or the other, I think it has to do with preference more than anything. If one likes/wants a brigadier, then the Wilson gun is the way to go. If one wants a Centurion (I LOVE mine!) then the Wilson is a great option. As for me, I like the brigadier but I like the M9A1 better so given the choice between the two I'll take the LTT. To top it all off, I REALLY want to feel the LTT in the hand with the contouring of the mag-release area because that may be another big point in it's favor, especially for someone like me that can't modify the frame of a duty gun.

It's a good time to be a Beretta fan... Maybe the best time since around '85!

Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    What are you seeing that I'm not? Does the "stock" WC not have a trigger job or something else? The prices are close enough to be the same.
    The "stock" Wilson does not have a trigger job. The ones that are "action tuned" go for around $1300 and $1400.

Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    I frankly think the prices are close enough that depending on who you are the reasoning will be:

1. Liking the A3 slide vs. Brig Slide (aka the "Shooter")
    2. The WC pistol will hold value better than the LTT (aka "I think the 92 is neat and I want a great example")
    How is $999 (LTT) close to $1195 (Brig Tac) and $1250 (Centurion)? That's basically a $200 and $250 gap. You can get a LTT with a trigger job for $1164, and still have enough for a steak dinner before you hit Wilson's $1195 non action tuned pricing.

Wilson has been making the Brig Tac for a few years, so there are 1000s out there now. If the LTT is a 1 year run, or limited run, how do you know its future value?

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    @LangdonTactical I just placed an order for the LTT Elite with trigger job! Is this trigger job the level 2 that comes with the Wilson trigger bar?

Can't wait to get it.

-Cory
    Yes, the Level Two trigger job includes the Wilson Trigger bar.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 04-22-2018 at 05:48 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Does anyone know which mags and how many the pistol ships with? I didn't see details on the LTT site when I placed my order.
    It will come with three 15 round mags.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

If placing a pre-order, are you all running cards right away or when shipping? (I've got two SIG/SAN rifles to pay for at around the same time the LTT ships)
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

I’ll be getting one of these in the Fall as a graduation gift. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    As far as price goes, I can kinda understand the difference from a business perspective (using Wilson parts, the marketing power of the Wilson brand, and the business it brought to Beretta) but from a practical perspective, I think you're getting a much better deal for the price of the LTT and Ernest Langdon is going to be big-time marketing power in keeping the 92 a desired pistol.

As for choosing one or the other, I think it has to do with preference more than anything. If one likes/wants a brigadier, then the Wilson gun is the way to go. If one wants a Centurion (I LOVE mine!) then the Wilson is a great option. As for me, I like the brigadier but I like the M9A1 better so given the choice between the two I'll take the LTT. To top it all off, I REALLY want to feel the LTT in the hand with the contouring of the mag-release area because that may be another big point in it's favor, especially for someone like me that can't modify the frame of a duty gun.

It's a good time to be a Beretta fan... Maybe the best time since around '85!
    Agreed!

I think both are phenomenal pistols. They're generally close enough in price that price wouldn't be a deciding factor for me.

I'm thinking about one... not sure why, but I am.
    Last edited by THellURider; 04-22-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    If placing a pre-order, are you all running cards right away or when shipping? (I've got two SIG/SAN rifles to pay for at around the same time the LTT ships)
    I placed my order on Friday morning. It is listed as a pending charge on my credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List