Page 189 of 194 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I'm right about to pull the trigger on either a full size LTT RDO 92 or a Centurion. I plan on using the gun for carry in a Phlster Floodlight AIWB and also for USPSA. For those who have had an opportunity to own both a full size and a centurion, which would you say would be the best way to go?

I used to assume that the longer slide length would equate to easier to control muzzle flip due to the extra weight. After spending the last two years with a g19 gen 5 with RMR and a g34, I found I can control the g19 best. I think that might be due to grip but I wonder if the slide length/weight might have something to do with it so I figured I'd ask here about the full size vs centurion.

I don't think the slide length for carry should be an issue since I carry AIWB with an X300 attached.

Reading through the various threads on here about these guns it sounds like the Centurions and Compacts have pretty amazing build quality. The only issue I'm a little worried about is the walking de-cocker pin which was reported by a couple of members with the full size.
    It has been awhile since I put rounds through a Centurion but I’m finding that I like that length a little better than the full-size. There isn’t anything wrong with a full-size and there isn’t a huge difference compared to a centurion. I remember the centurion running a little flatter and quicker though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The only issue I'm a little worried about is the walking de-cocker pin which was reported by a couple of members with the full size.
    I've had this recently and put a little PSA out there about it... Easiest thing is to "gently" (hhhhhuuuuuuuurrrrrr) stake the pin after you use a punch to push it back all the way...

This used to happen with the older 2-pin system too, maybe not as much... Bottom line- just check your gear once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I've had this recently and put a little PSA out there about it... Easiest thing is to "gently" (hhhhhuuuuuuuurrrrrr) stake the pin after you use a punch to push it back all the way...

This used to happen with the older 2-pin system too, maybe not as much... Bottom line- just check your gear once in a while.
    Understood and thank you for the information. I’ve been watching videos of what some people put these guns through and I’m pretty blown away. Very excited to pick one up soon but I’m still a little conflicted on which one to get first.

It sounds like the centurion is the way to go based on my preference of the 19 vs 34 handling characteristics and the feedback here.

Understood and thank you for the information. I’ve been watching videos of what some people put these guns through and I’m pretty blown away. Very excited to pick one up soon but I’m still a little conflicted on which one to get first.

It sounds like the centurion is the way to go based on my preference of the 19 vs 34 handling characteristics and the feedback here.
    I think you'll dig it...

I'm right about to pull the trigger on either a full size LTT RDO 92 or a Centurion. I plan on using the gun for carry in a Phlster Floodlight AIWB and also for USPSA. For those who have had an opportunity to own both a full size and a centurion, which would you say would be the best way to go?

I used to assume that the longer slide length would equate to easier to control muzzle flip due to the extra weight. After spending the last two years with a g19 gen 5 with RMR and a g34, I found I can control the g19 best. I think that might be due to grip but I wonder if the slide length/weight might have something to do with it so I figured I'd ask here about the full size vs centurion.

I don't think the slide length for carry should be an issue since I carry AIWB with an X300 attached.

Reading through the various threads on here about these guns it sounds like the Centurions and Compacts have pretty amazing build quality. The only issue I'm a little worried about is the walking de-cocker pin which was reported by a couple of members with the full size.
    I have both the full size and Centurion LTT 92s...and I’m sending the Centurion to LTT to get milled for a RDS. Slide cycles a tad faster than the full size which I prefer when I’m shooting a RDS.
    Shoot more, post less...

I received my LTT full size with trigger job. All I can say is WOW! I can’t believe how short the reset is on SA.

I went with a 12lb hammer and a 12.5 recoil spring. 12 lb hammer is too light. I took it to the range and ran almost 250 rounds through it and had 6 light primer strikes. I also had a failure to eject/double feed. I’m not sure how to explain it the round didn’t fully extract and was jammed in there by a new round. This was very surprising because I had never seen this malfunction before. The light strikes were frustrating and I cannot fault the pistol for that I wanted to see how light I could get the hammer spring. I guess I found out.

I’ve been shooting small single stack 9s a lot lately and this thing was a tack driver. I’m very excited to see what I can do with this. There’s definitely a learning curve with the da and learning to decock.

Looks like I’m going to be changing the hammer spring. I watched a YouTube video and it seems very easy. I have a 13 and 14 lb hammer spring.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

JCS I am surprised to see you type about light strikes w/ a 12 # hammer spring. I have been running one for 2-3 years now in several 92s w/ LTT TJIBs. Federal and CCI Independence aluminum case ammo have been 100%. What ammo are you shooting? The summer of 2019 I did a have a period of failure to extract w/ one gun. I tried several things and it was finally fixed w/ a stronger extractor spring from Wilson. I still don't understand why I had this w/ one of 8 B92s but it's been fine since.
    https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...uctinfo/711XP/

Site Supporter
    Interesting - I’ve got over 12,000 rds through my LTT Elite with a 12 lb hammer spring. The only (apparent) light strikes were last year with what turned out to be a bad lot of Federal Syntech ammo. They had bad primers, and Federal acknowledged it and replaced that case of ammo. Everything else (Speer, Remington, and WWB factory ammo and my reloads with Winchester primers) have ignited 100%.
    The only feed malfunction that I’ve had was a failure to extract like you described. It was with cheap, low quality Remington UMC 115 gr. I also had several stovepipes in that session as well. As soon as I went back to my regular Federal Syntech or reloads, everything functioned perfectly again. I was theorizing that the cases didn’t have a good crisp edge on the rim, so the extractor didn’t always get a good purchase to extract the case fully.

I appreciate the idea about using the stronger Wilson Combat extractor spring. I’ll keep that in mind for when I do a detail strip and clean.

Personally I've never had good results with the 12# spring across two LTT Elite pistols and a LTT tuned Brigadier Tactical, regardless of ammunition selection. I stick with 13# and 14# springs in my 92s. I agree Federal primers are best with the lower powered springs.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I went with a 12lb hammer and a 12.5 recoil spring. 12 lb hammer is too light. I took it to the range and ran almost 250 rounds through it and had 6 light primer strikes.

Looks like I’m going to be changing the hammer spring. I watched a YouTube video and it seems very easy. I have a 13 and 14 lb hammer spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    JCS I am surprised to see you type about light strikes w/ a 12 # hammer spring. I have been running one for 2-3 years now in several 92s w/ LTT TJIBs. Federal and CCI Independence aluminum case ammo have been 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Interesting - I’ve got over 12,000 rds through my LTT Elite with a 12 lb hammer spring. The only (apparent) light strikes were last year with what turned out to be a bad lot of Federal Syntech ammo. They had bad primers, and Federal acknowledged it and replaced that case of ammo. Everything else (Speer, Remington, and WWB factory ammo and my reloads with Winchester primers) have ignited 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Personally I've never had good results with the 12# spring across two LTT Elite pistols and a LTT tuned Brigadier Tactical, regardless of ammunition selection. I stick with 13# and 14# springs in my 92s. I agree Federal primers are best with the lower powered springs.

I found I need to run 14# if I want reliable ignition over many different types of ammo. This includes euro and eastern block steel.

User Tag List