Page 22 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Beretta is just trying to keep up with M9s for the military (40,000 units I think)...
    So wrong that the military is continuing to buy M9s when Beretta offered them M9A3s at the same price.

Name:  54496869.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-21-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

There is no update, sorry. Beretta is just trying to keep up with M9s for the military (40,000 units I think), M9A3 for the commercial market (like 25,000 units on back order) and Wilson 92G Brigadier Tacticals (I think about 5,000 on back order). All this after moving the plant a couple states away.

It will be next year for sure.
    Nice to see that Beretta USA has issues with meeting demand as that bodes well for the long term health of the 92-series. Looking forward to the EL 92 in the new year.

Glad I bought my Brig Tac when I did!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

i have a 92 that i bought new right after the govt adopted the M9. made in Italy. it's mostly been sitting in my vault all these years for various reasons. but with the IDPA rule changes, my full size Px4 gets shoved into SSP, so i may as well shoot a full size pistol in SSP. so i took my 92 out this past week and ran it thru the new classifier to see how well i shoot it compared to my Px4. well, i shoot it better! so now i have a new found interest in this old gun. ordered some new 18 round magazines for it, and i'm considering swapping out the stock mag release button too. has the old sights, not the 3 dot configuration we are all used to, but they work for now.

Px4 still rides on my hip all day, but since the 92 and Px4 have basically the same trigger, switching between the two is pretty easy.

so thanks to IDPA for re-igniting my interest in the old gal.

Any news/updates on the Langdon 92?

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Any news/updates on the Langdon 92?
    Last I heard they had some prototype slides made, but the frames are still in the works. The new factroy is really tied up with the M9 Contract.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Last I heard they had some prototype slides made, but the frames are still in the works. The new factroy is really tied up with the M9 Contract.
    I hope everything plays out well between you, BUSA, and Robar on the PX4CC project. Because I for one would love to see a similar type package once the EL 92 makes it out. Trigger job by EL, maybe install Wilson trigger bar as part of trigger job, and then NP3 treatment for the internals, trigger bar, barrel, locking block, and personally the slide also. Would end up what you could argue is the "perfect" 92, tuned by a 92 master, and coated such that it might outlast most of us. (Personally full NP3 on the slide/barrel would have a nice two tone appearance as a bonus.)

The package you worked out with Robar truly is a great deal if you start doing the math involved in purchasing a pistol with potential shipping to your FFL, shipping to and from a pistol smith for trigger job, and shipping to and from Robar for the NP3 work. The savings in shipping alone pretty much pays for the NP3 work and part of the trigger job. Well worth the wait on the PX4 and hopefully a possibility for the upcoming EL92.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    I hope everything plays out well between you, BUSA, and Robar on the PX4CC project. Because I for one would love to see a similar type package once the EL 92 makes it out. Trigger job by EL, maybe install Wilson trigger bar as part of trigger job, and then NP3 treatment for the internals, trigger bar, barrel, locking block, and personally the slide also. Would end up what you could argue is the "perfect" 92, tuned by a 92 master, and coated such that it might outlast most of us. (Personally full NP3 on the slide/barrel would have a nice two tone appearance as a bonus.)

The package you worked out with Robar truly is a great deal if you start doing the math involved in purchasing a pistol with potential shipping to your FFL, shipping to and from a pistol smith for trigger job, and shipping to and from Robar for the NP3 work. The savings in shipping alone pretty much pays for the NP3 work and part of the trigger job. Well worth the wait on the PX4 and hopefully a possibility for the upcoming EL92.
    This is the hope for sure. It really depends on how things go with this PX4 project. If we are successful then both Beretta and Robar will be on board with doing more projects.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Best of luck!
    Looking forward to a 92EL or 92LT or whatever it will be called.

I can confirm this from ground zero. We want to move it forward as quickly and as much as anyone.

User Tag List