Page 159 of 194 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Did it come with the guide or did you add that ?

I’ve never seriously considered buying a carry bevel just because of USPSA prod / idpa ssp rules, but it looks purty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    Did it come with the guide or did you add that ?

I’ve never seriously considered buying a carry bevel just because of USPSA prod / idpa ssp rules, but it looks purty.
    I asked Ernest to add the NP3 guide.

I understand that IDPA prohibits removing material from the magwell, but what is the USPSA prohibition?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I asked Ernest to add the NP3 guide.

I understand that IDPA prohibits removing material from the magwell, but what is the USPSA prohibition?
    Well, reading it in the manner I learned racing cars in scca - what it not explicitly permitted is not allowed, which one can also find in the USPSA rules, - while internal magwell dimensions may be changed, i took the prohibition regarding adding or removing material on the beavertail to put paid to carry bevels there too. What else exactly gets done besides the magwell bevel ?

Either way I want to have the option to use any 92 I have in ssp or prod so the magwell thing seems dispositive because of the ssp rules.

Would be willing to share some good quality pix ? I’m curious about the difference the bevel makes.
    JSGLOCK34 beat me to it. You really have to handle one to tell the difference. Honestly I bought two of them to support Mr. Langdon and what he is doing. I was a Sig Sauer guy back in the 1990's and early 2000's and when I made the decision to go back to a DA/SA Pistol I initially looked back at Sig, but I decided to check out the LTT pistols because of this forum. I really like the individual care that Mr. Langdon puts into the Carry Bevel package. My sights are flawless, and no cosmetic problems because of the refinish. I am at work so I don't have access to the pistols and I am too much of a dinosaur to post the pictures so I could probably attempt some and send to you if you want.

John

Well, reading it in the manner I learned racing cars in scca - what it not explicitly permitted is not allowed, which one can also find in the USPSA rules, - while internal magwell dimensions may be changed, i took the prohibition regarding adding or removing material on the beavertail to put paid to carry bevels there too. What else exactly gets done besides the magwell bevel ?

Either way I want to have the option to use any 92 I have in ssp or prod so the magwell thing seems dispositive because of the ssp rules.
    I don't read the beavertail language in the USPSA rules as prohibiting the carry bevel - the removal of material isn't providing function, but if you want to be able to use the same firearm in both SSP and Production, then I agree that the magwell modification would bump you out of SSP.

As for the package...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So these "full boat" guns have the following;

Carry Bevel: rounding of corners on the frame and slide (back of the slide, nose of the slide edges of the decoking recess, under the trigger guard, inside the trigger guard, beavertail areas, and I open up the mag well more and the opening goes deeper in the frame. The frame is glass beaded before re-anodizing so it has a slightly smoother finish than a factory Beretta.

The frame is re-anodized, Type III, Class 2.
    Slide is Black Cerakote
    All steel parts other than the barrel are NP3ed

Banned
    I don't read the beavertail language in the USPSA rules as prohibiting the carry bevel - the removal of material isn't providing function, but if you want to be able to use the same firearm in both SSP and Production, then I agree that the magwell modification would bump you out of SSP.

As for the package...
    For sure I’ve read his description, but it’s hard to get a sense of those in the flesh. I have an np3 elite with another coming, and two px4ccs, all gotten from LTT direct. So I’m definitely a fan of Langdon.
    Last edited by Medusa; 07-03-2019 at 10:15 PM.

For sure I’ve read his description, but it’s hard to get a sense of those in the flesh. I have an np3 elite with another coming, and two px4ccs, all gotten from LTT direct. So I’m definitely a fan of Langdon.
    So about four years ago I took a new Brigadier Tactical to a class with Ernest Langdon. While not my first class with Ernest, it was my first with the BrigTac. By day two I was really noticing some nice hot spots, especially by the trigger guard/magazine release. Ernest showed me his personal pistol (essentially his prototype LTT Elite - a Vertec upper on a M9A1 frame), which he had personally and aggressively dehorned. It was a marked difference in comfort. My BrigTac went back to Wilson Combat for their carry bevel shortly thereafter.

I think the factory radiused trigger guard and beveled rear slide that are exclusive to the LTT Elite really set it apart from the rest of the 92 lineup and address the most offending sharp edges, but I appreciate the additional work, particularly on high round count days.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-03-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Site Supporter

As for the package...
    LTT is a custom shop - any reason they couldn’t do the carry bevel without the magwell mods ?

If you like your gun, you can keep your gun. Wait... Um, ...

If you like your gun, I’d just shoot ESP in IDPA. It’s not like you’re putting yourself at a huge disadvantage like you would if your were to move up from Production to L10.

I’m clear on not wanting to mod the gun. I would take after the mags, though. They usually have sharp corners and burrs on the butt end that make me mad by day 4.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List