Page 135 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    What is the go to magazine, not 10 round restricted?
    Flush fitting would Mec Gar 18 round, extended Mec Gar 20 round IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    What is the go to magazine, not 10 round restricted?
    Mec-gar all the way. After that would be Beretta OEM.

I have a USGI surplus mag that has become an experiment at this point. It came in a lot with a really weak spring and rusty, but somehow none of my 92's have choked with it yet. I ordered some springs to freshen it up but I'm curious how bad it has to get to start causing malfunctions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

In my experience the first sign of the USGI magazine giving up the ghost manifests in failures to lock the slide back on empty.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The spare rods that Wilson Combat sells fit just fine, We will be carrying those on the web store shortly. Wilson says it is a .0585" rod.
    The LTT92 sight picture is fantastic. Any plans to offer these sights for sale separately? I know LTT is focused on Berettas, but the wider firearms world needs to meet these sights.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The LTT92 sight picture is fantastic. Any plans to offer these sights for sale separately? I know LTT is focused on Berettas, but the wider firearms world needs to meet these sights.
    I suspect the hassle of dealing with all the different dovetail cuts would make it too big of a pain. And I, for one, am more than happy to keep LTT as my preferred Beretta source rather than find them working on too many things!
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

These damn guns are infectious. OpticsPlanet listed Vertec slides, but they were out of stock, indefinite in-stock date. So I figured, what the hell. I could use a sale coupon and maybe, eventually, they'd have them. No one else does. Lo and behold, two days after placing my order, I get an email telling me it was shipped and on the way. So now I have a 92fs that is pretty good with just a few parts, and will now be a step closer to her LTT cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by 172driver View Post
    Please report back on your observations between the NP3 version versus the others.
    Picked up my third LTT Elite yesterday afternoon. I was surprised at how low the serial number is, as it ls less than 125 higher than the first two guns I ordered with "reserved" serial numbers. It is apparent that Beretta USA is shipping guns with no regard to serial number sequence. It is pretty much the "full boat" gun minus the dehorn work on the frame and slide. The reason I did not get the entire package is I opted out of the frame work as I am not a fan of stripping anodized surfaces on aluminum alloys and then refinishing due to some experiences with 1911-pattern guns. I am sure that 1911-pattern issues would not impact the 92-series guns, but I still have a scrapped Colt Commander frame that did not survive the stripping and refinishing processes. Call me skittish.

This one has the NP3 finish on all of the metal but the barrel, slide, and frame, the trigger work, and the Spartan sights. Even the three magazines are finished in NP3. For the price charged by LTT, the NP3 upgrade is one heck of a good deal.

The weather here has been miserable (middle 30s and rain), so live fire has not been a real option. Dry fire has been an option and one I pursued. I cannot tell the difference yet in dry fire between the gun with the NP3 finish and guns without the finish. I expect the differences will become more apparent during live fire and as the guns become more used. NP3 will allow a gun to run with less lubricant, which I like in dry, dusty conditions. It also provides very good corrosion resistance for the small parts, making it useful for carry guns. While the NP3 is slick, I had no issues manipulating the decocking levers.

I think I am going to like the Spartan sights, but it is too soon to tell. The sight picture appears to have more light around the front sight than the stock LTT Elite sights. I really like the LTT Elite sight picture with the red fiber optic as it is ideal for my eyes while allowing very precise shooting.

What is the weight of the recoil spring in the LTT Elite? Ordering some parts to have on hand and thinking having some spare recoil springs would be good. And at how many rounds should I replace? Thanks for any advice.

Your third! Dang man...i thought getting 3 92 models in a year was a lot (WC Brig Tac, 92FS and LTT Elite).

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Picked up my third LTT Elite yesterday afternoon. I was surprised at how low the serial number is, as it ls less than 125 higher than the first two guns I ordered with "reserved" serial numbers. It is apparent that Beretta USA is shipping guns with no regard to serial number sequence. It is pretty much the "full boat" gun minus the dehorn work on the frame and slide. The reason I did not get the entire package is I opted out of the frame work as I am not a fan of stripping anodized surfaces on aluminum alloys and then refinishing due to some experiences with 1911-pattern guns. I am sure that 1911-pattern issues would not impact the 92-series guns, but I still have a scrapped Colt Commander frame that did not survive the stripping and refinishing processes. Call me skittish.

This one has the NP3 finish on all of the metal but the barrel, slide, and frame, the trigger work, and the Spartan sights. Even the three magazines are finished in NP3. For the price charged by LTT, the NP3 upgrade is one heck of a good deal.

The weather here has been miserable (middle 30s and rain), so live fire has not been a real option. Dry fire has been an option and one I pursued. I cannot tell the difference yet in dry fire between the gun with the NP3 finish and guns without the finish. I expect the differences will become more apparent during live fire and as the guns become more used. NP3 will allow a gun to run with less lubricant, which I like in dry, dusty conditions. It also provides very good corrosion resistance for the small parts, making it useful for carry guns. While the NP3 is slick, I had no issues manipulating the decocking levers.

I think I am going to like the Spartan sights, but it is too soon to tell. The sight picture appears to have more light around the front sight than the stock LTT Elite sights. I really like the LTT Elite sight picture with the red fiber optic as it is ideal for my eyes while allowing very precise shooting.

Would someone so kindly post a pic of their NP3 LTT Elite?

I'd like to see a shot of the frame internals and inside of the slide pic too. Thank you!

(Also, looks like TJIAB is now available in NP3)
    Last edited by TX_Southpaw; 12-15-2018 at 03:43 PM.

User Tag List