Page 188 of 194 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I placed an order for one of these with a trigger job.

I'll admit I never would've considered this gun if it wasn't for P-F so thanks for that. Now I have to endure the 4-6 week wait...

This is my first da/sa gun and I got it to get back into USPSA but it may end up on my nightstand eventually. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help with.

1) What replacement parts should I keep on hand and what's the replacement schedule?
    2) What does your maintenance schedule look like for cleaning and oiling? I never really did much with my Glocks but watching a video from Ernest it seems I need to stay on top of these a little more.
    2) Is anybody reloading for these? I have a bunch of coated bullets in 124grn that are .356 I believe. I read somewhere that beretta's like .357 better but not sure if that's true.

Looking forward to learning the da/sa!

Also I reached out to LTT and the recommended the 12.5 lb recoil spring for competition. I went with a 12 lb hammer spring as well.
    1) I’m at 12,000+ rds, and have replaced recoil springs twice (every 5k), most recently with a LTT 12.5# spring. I concur that a trigger return spring is a good idea to have on hand. I haven’t broken one yet, but have preventatively replaced them in other 92s when removing them for other work.
    2) I clean and lube mine every 500-700 rounds. It’s never been even close to “too dirty to run well”, but it makes me feel better.
    3) I reload most of my practice and match ammo. On recommendations of others here, I tried .356 and .357 Gallant coated bullets in 147 gr. In back-to back testing at 25 yds, my groups were consistently slightly better with .356, so that’s what I’ve used for the last 18 months or so. YMMV.

Site Supporter
    @GyroF-16 - When I had a Brigadier it preferred .357 lead bullets. Beretta groove diameter tends to be...generous. Testing as you did is the best way to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    1) I’m at 12,000+ rds, and have replaced recoil springs twice (every 5k), most recently with a LTT 12.5# spring. I concur that a trigger return spring is a good idea to have on hand. I haven’t broken one yet, but have preventatively replaced them in other 92s when removing them for other work.
    2) I clean and lube mine every 500-700 rounds. It’s never been even close to “too dirty to run well”, but it makes me feel better.
    3) I reload most of my practice and match ammo. On recommendations of others here, I tried .356 and .357 Gallant coated bullets in 147 gr. In back-to back testing at 25 yds, my groups were consistently slightly better with .356, so that’s what I’ve used for the last 18 months or so. YMMV.
    The blue bullets I have a lot of stock are .355. Any harm in using them? Another thing that’s gonna take some adjustments coming from glocks. They would eat anything I fed em.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    The blue bullets I have a lot of stock are .355. Any harm in using them? Another thing that’s gonna take some adjustments coming from glocks. They would eat anything I fed em.
    They'll function fine in the Beretta. Their accuracy may not be as good as the perfect diameter.

Berettas tend to be pretty omnivorous. My PX4s are happy with LSWCs.

Site Supporter
    I’m sure they’ll be fine... I don’t think that the LTT 92 is any pickier than Glocks for ammo. But you might try some .356 and .357 when you get a chance (like the next time you stock up), and see if it tightens your groups up any. I haven’t found anything that shoots POORLY in the 92. Just some slightly better than others. My best groups were with Berry’s 115 gr plated bullets with a hotter load. But I like the compromise of price, recoil impulse and accuracy that I get with the Gallant 147s.

I run an 11lb mainspring on my full size Elite LTT, Brig Tac & Cen Tac and have shock buffs in all three as per the advice of Bill Wilson. I have seen little to no evidence the shok buffs are doing anything, despite the light mainspring. Therefore running a light mainspring on a Beretta doesn't appear to be a potential problem, with the possible exception to those who continually run +p or +p+ ammo. BTW I run standard recoil springs in all three.

I'm right about to pull the trigger on either a full size LTT RDO 92 or a Centurion. I plan on using the gun for carry in a Phlster Floodlight AIWB and also for USPSA. For those who have had an opportunity to own both a full size and a centurion, which would you say would be the best way to go?

I used to assume that the longer slide length would equate to easier to control muzzle flip due to the extra weight. After spending the last two years with a g19 gen 5 with RMR and a g34, I found I can control the g19 best. I think that might be due to grip but I wonder if the slide length/weight might have something to do with it so I figured I'd ask here about the full size vs centurion.

I don't think the slide length for carry should be an issue since I carry AIWB with an X300 attached.

Reading through the various threads on here about these guns it sounds like the Centurions and Compacts have pretty amazing build quality. The only issue I'm a little worried about is the walking de-cocker pin which was reported by a couple of members with the full size.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I'm right about to pull the trigger on either a full size LTT RDO 92 or a Centurion. I plan on using the gun for carry in a Phlster Floodlight AIWB and also for USPSA. For those who have had an opportunity to own both a full size and a centurion, which would you say would be the best way to go?

I used to assume that the longer slide length would equate to easier to control muzzle flip due to the extra weight. After spending the last two years with a g19 gen 5 with RMR and a g34, I found I can control the g19 best. I think that might be due to grip but I wonder if the slide length/weight might have something to do with it so I figured I'd ask here about the full size vs centurion.

I don't think the slide length for carry should be an issue since I carry AIWB with an X300 attached.

Reading through the various threads on here about these guns it sounds like the Centurions and Compacts have pretty amazing build quality. The only issue I'm a little worried about is the walking de-cocker pin which was reported by a couple of members with the full size.
    I prefer the G19 over the G34, and the G17 over both of those. I also prefer the Centurion over the Full sized.

Turns out the Centurion has about the same slide length as a G17 and the Full sized 92 has the slide length of the G34. That may tell you something. But for a one gun solution I would choose the Centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post

I have had both Wilson guns(standard frame) and a LTT full-size. I prefer the full-size LTT. I personally don’t notice a difference like my Glocks in frame size and slide length. I think the recoil characteristics of 92s are different so it’s orange to apples. I really would not get caught up in the minimal slide length difference. If you have a x300u attached then it even makes it more towards a full-size. If you are going to compete go with the full-size.

I also preferred having a longer slide and for my height and build.

Also I know a lot of people like the Floodlight but I personally don’t get it and wonder if they have ever had a proper WML AIWB from the likes of DSG or JM custom. In my opinion the holsters from these two are superior to the Floodlight.

I have a JM custom kydex AIWB for my non railed 1911's. I find it to be extremely comfortable and very well built.

I prefer the Phlster spotlight for my Glocks and dedicated AIWB type holsters over the floodlight with regards to comfort and ride height adjustments. I just wasn't aware there were options now from other makers for those who like to carry with an x300 and optic on a 92.

User Tag List