Page 183 of 194 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

If I strongly favor the height/width and profile of stock M9 fixed sights what options do I have to mimic them on a vertec slide?

I think my LTT front sight has become tweaked ever so slightly on angle. Truthfully, the fixed sight dimensions "feel" best.

Is there a sight that goes in a vertec dovetail and creates a standard sight picture? Or ideally a FO that is the same size and profile?

-Cory

Looks like Ernest got Ameriglo to produce thin (.125) Pro Glo front sights for the Elite!

Ameriglo Pro Glo Sight

These are the Ameriglo Orange Pro Glow sights for the 92 Elite/Vertec/M9A3/92X Series Pistols.

They match up with the stock Elite rear sight and give the correct point of impact. (The Standard Ameriglo Spartan Sights are too tall for the standard Elite Rear Sight). These are much thinner than the Spartan sight at .125" wide vs the Spartan .140" wide.

Terrific addition.

Ernest - any chance we'll see these in the Ameriglo Lumigreen as well?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Looks like Ernest got Ameriglo to produce thin (.125) Pro Glo front sights for the Elite!

Ameriglo Pro Glo Sight

These are the Ameriglo Orange Pro Glow sights for the 92 Elite/Vertec/M9A3/92X Series Pistols.

They match up with the stock Elite rear sight and give the correct point of impact. (The Standard Ameriglo Spartan Sights are too tall for the standard Elite Rear Sight). These are much thinner than the Spartan sight at .125" wide vs the Spartan .140" wide.

Terrific addition.

TAKE MY MONEY!!
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Ameriglo Pro Glo Sight

Terrific addition.

Just gave them my money!

Was just about to install the stock fiber optic front sight since it is shorter. Hard to shoot B8 at 25 with the front sight totally covering the target. Thinner width is a bonus for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Just gave them my money!

Was just about to install the stock fiber optic front sight since it is shorter. Hard to shoot B8 at 25 with the front sight totally covering the target. Thinner width is a bonus for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for the support!

They work really well with the stock Elite rear sight.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I just picked up a new 92 Elite LTT from my LGS. First shots at the range, I shot a 10 shot group 3.25" to the left at 15 yards. Checking to see if it was me or the gun, I switched from a standing position to a rested position on the bench with extra attention on my sight alignment. The group was tighter (impressively so), but still 3.25" left. I'm pretty sure it's the gun as I don't have the issue with any of my other Berettas.

I don't might finish wear from honest use, but don't want to ding my new $900 pistol with a hammer and punch. What is the best tool to use to adjust the rear sight? Is there a "good enough" tool for someone who only does it rarely? (i.e. a Craftsman level tool vs. Snap-On)

I use a brass drift and a bunch of tape on the slide around the sight.

I jacked my slide finish up using one layer of masking tape on the vise jaws and one layer on the slide.

The moral of this story.... I was at home using a small vise. I have a huge vise at work with poly jaws.

make sure you have a good base as my factory rear sight to dovetail slot is tight.

This hurt, but after my tears..... I am no longer afraid to scratch it.

I also bought some 2 mil pipe tape wrap for future jobs.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I jacked my slide finish up using one layer of masking tape on the vise jaws and one layer on the slide.

The moral of this story.... I was at home using a small vise. I have a huge vise at work with poly jaws.

make sure you have a good base as my factory rear sight to dovetail slot is tight.

This hurt, but after my tears..... I am no longer afraid to scratch it.

I also bought some 2 mil pipe tape wrap for future jobs.

A couple of things for doing this kind of work. First, I think the best thing to use is a nice piece of leather. You can get two of them from Brownells pretty cheap.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...943-17777.aspx

This is way better than any kind of tape and you can use it hundreds of times without damaging slides.

Also, most jaws can be flipped to put the smooth side out. and that will help a lot as well.

Hope this helps.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Leather? Excellent idea. I usually buy Crossbreed holsters w/ the largest of piece of leather and then trim to fit. So I have a few pieces of horsehide that will work well. Thanks for the idea.

User Tag List