Page 112 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've done dimensional studies in the past on stripping and reanodizing. Anodizing is a conversion of the aluminum base material to aluminum oxide. The anodizing layer is partly penetration and partly buildup. When you strip it, you lose the penetration part of the materials. Reanodizing just repeats the process, but there is less material than the first time around. In general, expect to lose about half a thousandths of an inch per surface. Rails will get thinner by about a thou, slots and holes will get wider by about a thou. It's plus or minus a few tenths of a thou at every step, so YMMV. It may be that a thicker coating like NP3 or Cerakote on the slide could net out the difference created by loss of material on the frame.

At the end of the day, it probably doesn't matter much for the slide rail fit.

I'd be interested to read if Mr. Langdon has gauged action pivot pin hole diameters before and after. If those diameters grow, it could lead to a very slight amount of slop in the mechanism. Nobody's complaining about this, though, and as noted, if the pins are NP3'ed, that could net it out perfectly, or even tighten fits up a hair.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post
    It’s a tremendous retention holster because no one can take the damn thing out. No one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol at "no one". Too little retention is not good, but too much retention can be really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Nice to see additional LTT variants of the 92, especially the Elite. Of course, never being satisfied with what is being offered, I would like to ask a few questions about the "full boat" pistols.

1) I am aware that stripping anodizing is required before the process can be done where the edges are radiused/broken. Is there any concern about the frame integrity? This is an issue with alloy 1911-pattern pistol frames due to the geometry. I do not see the issue existing on the 92-series guns, but it is worth asking the question.

2) Is it possible to get the LTT Elite with the trigger work and the NP3 finish on the small parts without the work on the frame?

3) Same question as 2) but breaking the edges of the slide, adding the NP3 finish to the slide ,and leaving the LTT Elite frame as shipped from Beretta?

The reason for the above questions is I believe the NP3 metal finish on the moving parts is a very good thing for guns that usually run with lots of lube. I have a feeling that no matter the answers, I will be buying my third LTT Elite.
    Number 2 sounds good to me.

Site Supporter

Re: ALS issues

While not disagreeing with any the comments already made, there are a few things I've noticed as far as using 92's in ALS holsters.

First, the 7TS seems better to me than the older 63xx ALS holster body. I'm going from a small sample size (I only one one Beretta 7TS, compared to three of the 6-series), but I think the 7TS was designed with a more space, since it also fits the Brig Tac.

Secondly, the holster cant matters somewhat, in that it determines if you're rocking the slide slightly away from the locking mechanism, or slightly into the locking mechanism during the draw. However, on the railed slide guns, the rails prevent the slide from moving away from the locking mechanism, making interference more likely. The short frame guns (Compact & Centurion), seem to do a little better than the full size guns, since the shorter rail clears the ALS mechanism sooner. For example, I can get my WC CenTac to work acceptably in my older 6-series ALS bodies, but those holsters are almost guaranteed to snag my LTT Elite.

Third, the dovetailed front sight guns like the LTT have more metal on the slide near the base of the front sight. This extra thickness also increases the chance of interference with the ALS locking mechanism.

Bottom line, if you have to make the LTT Elite work in an ALS, I recommend you start with a 7TS.

Even then, a full size railed dovetail front sight gun (like the LTT) is the most challenging Beretta configuration I know of to draw smoothly from an ALS.

So what would be a good OWB/duty style holster for one of these guns? I love the ALS for every other gun I’ve tried it for but if it doesn’t play well with the Beretta 92, what’s the next best thing? I would prefer some level of active retention.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I got to shoot one of my full boat Langdon pistols yesterday afternoon, serial number 9. It has tritium sights. Seemed perfectly regulated at 25 yards. Trigger great. Functioned perfectly. Very soft in your hands with all the dehorning done by Ernest. Seems indistinguishable from my CenTac, sizewise, and barely fits into a CenTac George. Top of the pile of all my DA/SA pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Having not fully kept up with all of the 92 variations and improvements, I have questions.

How do you rank the various Beretta, Langdon and Wilson 92 variations ? Pros, Cons ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Having not fully kept up with all of the 92 variations and improvements, I have questions.

How do you rank the various Beretta, Langdon and Wilson 92 variations ? Pros, Cons ?
    I like a Vertec style slide (length, profile and dovetailed front sight), M9A1 style lower, aggressive dehorning.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like a Vertec style slide (length, profile and dovetailed front sight), M9A1 style lower, aggressive dehorning.
    You’re making the next six days very difficult, lol. Oh, well it will be over soon enough. Seriously, thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    You’re making the next six days very difficult, lol. Oh, well it will be over soon enough. Seriously, thanks for the insight.
    I apprenticed under Bolke.

User Tag List