Page 152 of 194 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    FWIW, I have 3 Beretta 92s. None are stock as such. The 92FS started as stock, then got a Vertec slide, some frame work at Wilson, and a TJIB, though those parts moved to another gun when I purchased an NP3 TJIB for my LTT Elite w/ trigger job. Those parts moved to the former 92FS. I picked up a stock LTT frame, which got the old 92FS slide, and the first TJIB. That's background, here are some specifics.

92FS (G now) with Vertec slide. The slide was made in TN, and does not have the odd cut in the locking notch.
    92G LTT. The slide was made in TN and DOES have the tiny irregular cut in the right locking notch.
    92FS slide on LTT (kind of makes it an M9a1. Slide was made in Maryland, no locking notch irregularity.

I was speculating that the irregularity was unique to the Gallatin, TN manufactured slides, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears, based on a limited sampling, that it may be unique to the LTT Vertec slides. It would be interesting to hear from a larger sampling of LTT owners, as well as M9A3, Vertec and Wilson Vertec owners.
    I contacted Beretta Warranty and they want me to send in my new LTT. Really sucks because I haven't even got to shoot the gun yet. I am having them check 3 things on my LTT. The poor machining and cuts/grooves in the slide where the barrel locks up. The front sight was not centered in the dovetail when it was staked, and the barrel rifling has one area that looks really rough. Hopefully Beretta will make it right. I will update when it comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by WeldingRod View Post
    I contacted Beretta Warranty and they want me to send in my new LTT. Really sucks because I haven't even got to shoot the gun yet. I am having them check 3 things on my LTT. The poor machining and cuts/grooves in the slide where the barrel locks up. The front sight was not centered in the dovetail when it was staked, and the barrel rifling has one area that looks really rough. Hopefully Beretta will make it right. I will update when it comes back.
    I'm curious to hear about the barrel as well. My rifling looks really rough and has since day 1, but the gun shoots fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Jed View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone else has had a similar experience with their Beretta 92 and whether Beretta recommends removing the extractor and firing pin for cleaning at regular intervals.

Uncle Jed
    I have no direct experience but was wondering if you have ever put oil in there or if it arrived full of preservative on that area? Seems like if that were true it would having caused your issues. Usually manufacturers go overboard on the preservative for fear of a consumer buying a rusted firearm because they don't know how long they'll sit before sale. I wish they would use something dry personally, for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I have no direct experience but was wondering if you have ever put oil in there or if it arrived full of preservative on that area? Seems like if that were true it would having caused your issues. Usually manufacturers go overboard on the preservative for fear of a consumer buying a rusted firearm because they don't know how long they'll sit before sale. I wish they would use something dry personally, for that reason.
    No, I always try to avoid putting anything in the firing pin channel for just that reason, but I tend to be fairly generous with the slide rails and locking block. As you say, it is quite possible it came from Beretta wet back in there. I also tend to shoot the cheapest brass ammo I can find which may also have something to do with it.

I decided the best way to put any reliability issues to rest was to buy another LTT Elite so I could have one low round count gun for self defense and another high round count for range practice. Every 2,500 rounds or so I'll take apart the slide on the range gun and see what's built up inside.

Uncle Jed

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I'm curious to hear about the barrel as well. My rifling looks really rough and has since day 1, but the gun shoots fine.
    Both my guns have rough looking barrels as well. I’ve been worried about it, but I figured that I’m being mean normal self and over worrying... I can’t tell if their are any accuracy issues. The gun shoots better than I can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    I was speculating that the irregularity was unique to the Gallatin, TN manufactured slides, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It appears, based on a limited sampling, that it may be unique to the LTT Vertec slides. It would be interesting to hear from a larger sampling of LTT owners, as well as M9A3, Vertec and Wilson Vertec owners.
    My M9A3 slide (made in Italy) does not have that apparent irregularity in the pics above — the two cuts appear to be symmetrical. Also the front dovetail sight cut on the M9A3 is much cleaner than the last dovetailed 92 slide I had (new run of 92G-SD, don’t recall if that was made in TN or MD), which looked terrible. No staking in the M9A3 front sight.

Cleaned my LTT just short of the 1K interval mark today. Noticed a small line inside the dust cover - anyone have anything similar to this on theirs? I was worried it was a crack but it's not exactly a load-bearing point and it doesn't appear to be going through. I'm thinking it may be a small chatter mark but I'm not sure how common/uncommon it is.

Name:  20190526_221451012_iOS.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  31.6 KB Name:  20190526_225625428_iOS.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  31.5 KB Name:  20190526_225634077_iOS.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  28.1 KB

Also, is anyone cleaning the inside of the crown at all? I've pointed some arrows at the area in question; I tend to get a lot of carbon/jacket buildup there. I cleaned it off this time with some gun cleaner, a bronze brush, and a small pick for the really hard deposits, but I'm worried it may be doing more harm than good to keep trying to clean that recess.

Name:  20190527_001946794_iOS.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  25.5 KB

I get a fair amount of fouling on the inner flat of the crown. Between bore snake passes on the bore, I spin the muzzle on an oily rag. Since I clean after every range session, the fouling does not get a chance to latch onto the barrel. If it does adhere, my next step is the ultrasonic cleaner with a mixture of Simple Green and de-ionized water.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Cleaned my LTT just short of the 1K interval mark today. Noticed a small line inside the dust cover - anyone have anything similar to this on theirs? I was worried it was a crack but it's not exactly a load-bearing point and it doesn't appear to be going through. I'm thinking it may be a small chatter mark but I'm not sure how common/uncommon it is.

Name:  20190526_221451012_iOS.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  31.6 KB Name:  20190526_225625428_iOS.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  31.5 KB Name:  20190526_225634077_iOS.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  28.1 KB

Also, is anyone cleaning the inside of the crown at all? I've pointed some arrows at the area in question; I tend to get a lot of carbon/jacket buildup there. I cleaned it off this time with some gun cleaner, a bronze brush, and a small pick for the really hard deposits, but I'm worried it may be doing more harm than good to keep trying to clean that recess.

Name:  20190527_001946794_iOS.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  25.5 KB

Dude, I am all about a clean gun, but you may be taking it a bit overboard. There is a thing of wearing a gun our from cleaning it.

Also, I am sure that is just a scratch from assembly or somewhere else during the process of manufacturing.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Dude, I am all about a clean gun, but you may be taking it a bit overboard.
    Guess I'll be leaving that crown alone in the future then.

User Tag List