Page 154 of 194 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    How many rounds and dry fire presses on the spring? It might be worth trying a new spring. If it works, you will know how often to replace. I run a 14 lb in my Wilson BT with TJIB and replace it every year. I do the same with the reduced 18lb spring in my P226. In general, liked springs don’t last as long as factory spec springs.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Probably 4500 live rounds, and 2k dry practice. I guess it’s possible it’s worn out...

Anyone have a recommended round count for cleaning the firing pin channel? I’m approaching 6k on the gun, and it’s never been cleaned.
    Replaced the recoil spring at 5k.

Is the recoil spring in these stock? If not, what's the weight?

Someone else already asked but it was never answered.

I don't have another LTT or Beretta to compare, but does this look normal on the barrel? The slight line you can see in the photos, or taper. I love the gun and don't really care how it looks, but haven't noticed this before. I bought it new from a gun store and maybe it's always been there and I just haven't noticed. Picked it up to dry fire and noticed it for the first time last night. Thanks for any insight. Awesome gun!

Name:  Photo Jun 12, 3 15 51 PM.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  Photo Jun 12, 3 16 06 PM.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  22.5 KB

Site Supporter
    @DG12 if that's a bad thing, I'm screwed. All three of mine have it!

Ha! Thanks newt. I was hesitant to even ask, but couldn't see it any pictures online. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Probably 4500 live rounds, and 2k dry practice. I guess it’s possible it’s worn out...

Anyone have a recommended round count for cleaning the firing pin channel? I’m approaching 6k on the gun, and it’s never been cleaned.
    Replaced the recoil spring at 5k.
    Guys, please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Syntec ammo uses a lead-free primer, correct? If so, that could be part of the issue. Normal Federal primers are the softest on the market, lead-free primers are a different animal for all the manufacturers.

I normally only clean my FP channel every 10K or so. It does depend on the ammo though. I have had some really dirty stuff that made me do it more often. It was free ammo, so....

Also, please tell me you're not using some biodegradable veg oil for lube. I have seen that stuff cause issues in FP channels, and not just Berettas. Especially if you happen to mix it with other oils. That seems to speed up the process of them degrading and turning sticky. I tried that stuff for a couple of years and then after having some major issues, I have sworn it off altogether.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Shoot. I’ve been using slip 2000 this year.

I was planning on sending my Elite(s) and px4s to you at 10k for inspection and maintenance as needed. I guess then I’ll find out how bad they are.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    . . . .
    Also, please tell me you're not using some biodegradable veg oil for lube. I have seen that stuff cause issues in FP channels, and not just Berettas. Especially if you happen to mix it with other oils. That seems to speed up the process of them degrading and turning sticky. I tried that stuff for a couple of years and then after having some major issues, I have sworn it off altogether.

Guys, please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Syntec ammo uses a lead-free primer, correct? If so, that could be part of the issue. Normal Federal primers are the softest on the market, lead-free primers are a different animal for all the manufacturers.

I normally only clean my FP channel every 10K or so. It does depend on the ammo though. I have had some really dirty stuff that made me do it more often. It was free ammo, so....

Ernest (and others), for firing pin channel (and firing pin) lubrication, what I've consistently found to work well is a dry film molybdenum disulfide product called Dri-Slide, by Russack Industries (there's a similar product called Strike Hold that others that I trust have similarly recommended, but I haven't personally tried it).

The advantage of a dry film lubricant is that it's initially carried in suspension in a liquid carrier solution, so it's easy to apply, and in tricky areas capillary action will spread it. The carrier solution then evaporates, leaving a dry film of moly lubricant, which simultaneously lubricates and performs as an anti-corrosive. Since it's dry, it doesn't serve as a GSR magnet.

Since Beretta feels that the firing pin channel requires lubrication, I think this stuff is the best approach. After finally disassembling the slide to get to remove the firing pin and firing pin spring to both clean things out and replace the OEM FP spring with a Wilson Combat chrome silicon one (the OEM one was fine, but WC had given me theirs to try out, so I figured "Why not?"); after using Dri-Slide in that area since 2006, I found there to be surprisingly little accumulated GSR both in the chamber and on the firing pin; the bulk of GSR accumulation has been on the extractor and in the extractor channel, which (somewhat surprisingly), despite being co-located and openly exposed to the firing pin channel, little GSR had spread. Go figure.

A dry film lubricant seems to be best used for areas where there's relatively little metal-on-metal pressure and/or friction, in my opinion. For those areas, I'll use a grease (Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2) or Weapon Shield for general/lighter lubrication/anti-corrosiveness. But Ernest, your expressed satisfaction with Lucas' Extreme Gun oil had me order a couple of them with the needle applicators off Amazon.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter

Yes, the Federal website says that the Syntech ammo has a “Catalyst™ lead-free primer.” I’ll give them credit for the primer, powder, and coated bullet making for a very clean-burning process. My spent casings look almost clean.
    But I’m not digging the harder primers that seem to result.

Nope- not using any biodegradable veggie stuff for lube. I HAVE been using Froglube solvent like this:
    https://www.froglube.com/product-pag...ent-spray-8-oz
    to clean the gun, but always scrub it breachface-down, so there shouldn’t be any of this stuff running into the firing pin channel. I like it for the (non-) smell, and it evaporates quickly, while doing a good job of getting the gun clean.
    I hope that isn’t a potential source of my problems.

Cool

Ordered Carry Bevel Elite number 2 today. Took advantage of the Father’s Day promotion to take $100 off the final price. Now, I just have to wait 4-6 weeks! Great customer service and very easy to order! Added NP3 Wilson Combat Magazine guide and Spartan front sight with Les Pepperoni rear sight. Looking forward to vetting the new one and making it my carry gun! Thanks Mr. Langdon for offering these guns and doing all the custom work!

John

User Tag List