Page 110 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So, I think you make two very good points. One, the few people here that are having failures to lock back, likely because of the thin grips and therefore the slight change in thumb placement. But it does address the size of the frame and makes it much easier for most people to shoot. Making the gun bigger by putting standard grips on the gun is very easy in comparison to getting a set of super thin grips made for it as a factory option. So we went with smaller for that reason. Also, having the gun flatter on the sides makes it point and index better for most people. I can also reach all the controls, like the mag button, much easier with the thin grips. Regardless, you have more size options now than ever before.
    Thin grips and an extended mag release are a problem for me, however, it's really easy to find someone willing to trade standard grips/mag release for thin grips/extended release.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Range Report: Just put my first 200 rounds through the LTT, and it does indeed shoot better than I can at this point.
    NO FTF, NO Stovepipes, NO failures to lock to the rear. One case did catch me in the face, but all the others ejected clear to about my 4 o'clock.
    I shot at 7 yards using WWB 115gr. I've read online that these shoot low for some people, and they did just a little bit for me as well. The sights I think are regulated for 25 yards, so could account maybe for some. But it was consistent; 100 rounds in a ragged hole maybe the size of my fist. I'm going to experiment different brands and bullets weights and get a comparison. for the second 100, I switched to two-shot "transitions"; fire DA, fire SA, decock, repeat. At first my DA were always low, but SA were almost exactly fine. Then I tried to focus more on making sure my grip was staying tight and focus on trigger pull, then it all tightened up to where DA and SA were cutting the same holes often. I noticed that I was consistently, about 1-2" right of where I wanted to be. I thought to myself, sights? or maybe Grip/Grip Size affecting my pull because my sight picture is good and clear. But then an accomplished state USPSA competitor shot my LTT a little bit to test it, and he was shooting 5 shots groups in one ragged hole and dead center. So that confirms the sights are good and centered, I just need to keep practicing.

Small sample size so far, but the LTT is 100% for me. 10/10 would LTT again. I have a WC Brig Tac, but the LTT demonstrated how much more comfortable the regular weight slide is especially after long strings. The WC is a nice gun, but to my sujective tastes I prefer the LTT.
    Last edited by dtrice; 09-19-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Site Supporter
    I picked up my LTT today. I likely won't get to shoot it until Saturday so these are just my initial thoughts after some dry work.

It's a great fucking gun. I think it's a bargain for the price.

The thin grips really do make a difference. 92's have always been a no-go for me because of my ridiculously short index finger but I can reach the trigger on this one. It's still just a touch longer than I'd like but not by much, and I think after I install a trigger job in a bag and the DA pull weight is a little lighter it won't be an issue at all. I don't know that I'd even call it an issue now.

The only real problem I have is with the slide stop. I grip really high on the gun and apply a lot of inward pressure, and the slide stop is murdering the drumstick part of my hand. It's a combination of the slide stop sticking out pretty far to begin with and the thin grips enhancing it, along with the stop coming to a pretty thin point. I would have this problem with any 92, it's just worse with the LTT because of the thinner grips.

Name:  LTT slide stop.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  8.6 KB

You can see in the picture how far the stop protrudes. I think if the bottom two "steps" on the stop were removed and possibly the edge of the top step rounded off it would be perfect. That would still provide as much surface on the stop as what the M&P has, and I have no issues dropping the slide on it. @LangdonTactical is that something that would fall under your gunsmithing services?

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I think if the bottom two "steps" on the stop were removed and possibly the edge of the top step rounded off it would be perfect.
    I would suggest buying a spare (CDNN has them for $7) and either cut off what you don't want with a dremel and then file/sand it smooth, or just take a file to it from the get-go.

Site Supporter
    Thought about doing it myself but I'd prefer to have it refinished.

Hey guys,

Not wanting to derail the thread, but does anyone know if safariland are producing a ALS holster for the LTT/M9A1 profile with a weapon light affixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    FWIW- I really can’t recommend the ALS for the B92.

I like it very much for the HK USPc, but with the Beretta, it’s really clunky, and does not facilitate smooth draws.

If you already have experience with the ALS and this gun, and are just looking to add a light, or are required to use it for work, please disregard and carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    FWIW- I really can’t recommend the ALS for the B92.

I like it very much for the HK USPc, but with the Beretta, it’s really clunky, and does not facilitate smooth draws.

If you already have experience with the ALS and this gun, and are just looking to add a light, or are required to use it for work, please disregard and carry on...
    +1

I dont have a ton of experience with the ALS, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have one and the draws with the LTT are not smooth, which is odd as it plays nice with my cent tac. Could just be a training issue, ymmv

Enviado de meu SM-G930V usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    +1

I dont have a ton of experience with the ALS, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have one and the draws with the LTT are not smooth, which is odd as it plays nice with my cent tac. Could just be a training issue, ymmv

Enviado de meu SM-G930V usando o Tapatalk
    I agree. I tried multiple ALS holsters for the LTT and they stink, on ice. It’s because on a Glock for example, the ALS hooks onto the the breach face right past the extractor. With a 92, however, the entire barrel is exposed. So when you activate the ALS and draw the gun, the clip that retains the gun has to pass the end of the slide, which doesn’t happen smoothly. I’ve been looking at something like a Dara holster for retention.

Quote Originally Posted by karam.19 View Post
    I agree. I tried multiple ALS holsters for the LTT and they stink, on ice. It’s because on a Glock for example, the ALS hooks onto the the breach face right past the extractor. With a 92, however, the entire barrel is exposed. So when you activate the ALS and draw the gun, the clip that retains the gun has to pass the end of the slide, which doesn’t happen smoothly. I’ve been looking at something like a Dara holster for retention.

This ^^^^^^

The ALS hooks catch on the nose of the slide and make the gun want to come to a dead stop when you are drawing. I will take an SLS for the 92 any day over the ALS. The ALS holster was really designed for a Glock and then adapted to other guns. If they changed it and set it up to catch on the nose of the slide down by the front sight, it might work really well.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List