Page 57 of 194 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Well, the barrel's alignment being center really is cosmetic with Beretta's right? They lock up on the locking block so a non centered barrel will still shoot centered right?

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 07-11-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Well, the barrel's alignment being center really is cosmetic with Beretta's right? They lock up on the locking block so a non centered barrel will still shoot centered right?

-Cory
    Yes. My training gun recently broke its locking block. Right before total failure it's point of impact shifted about two inches to the right at twenty five yards. I was a bit flummoxed until the LB broke. Replacing the LB restored the guns POI/POA.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I think the Wilson guns were supposedly kept to tighter standards. For example I've seen lots of people complain about non-centered Beretta barrels at the front of the slide. Not so with the brig tacs I've seen.
    FWIW, The WC page for the Brigadier lists "Slide to Frame fit as tight as practical within production gun limits" as one of its specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post

-Cory
    It's cosmetic as long as it is not contacting the slide but it affects poi

Quote Originally Posted by AJD21 View Post
    I can't find the exact post but on the beretta forum a member commented that it seemed like his recent Beretta 92's had a tighter fit similar to his Wilson Beretta and a BUSA engineer "Stimpee" posted that after Wilson asked for tighter tolerances on the slide fitting Beretta decided to incorporate that across all their 92 models. So essentially ALL new 92's that have been coming out of Beretta USA have "improved" slide to frame fitting like in the Wilson Beretta's. I wish I could quote the exact comment for accuracy but that was the jist of what he said.
    This is interesting and this is what I have thought. I have heard Bill Wilson say that they asked Beretta to keep the tolerances as tight as they can on a production gun, I would guess that Beretta would apply that to the m9a3 if it did not pose any downsides for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    For reference, I don't see any practical difference in accuracy at 25 yards between my 92A1 and Brig Tacs. I usually get 2-3" groups from each with my reloads or HST.

I don’t think any accuracy differences(if any) would be noticed at 25. Bill has posted 50yrd and 100yrd groups on the 1911 and beretta forums. He obviously knows Berettas and has a massive collection of them, I would assume if he can tell the difference then their is probably one.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    This is interesting and this is what I have thought. I have heard Bill Wilson say that they asked Beretta to keep the tolerances as tight as they can on a production gun, I would guess that Beretta would apply that to the m9a3 if it did not pose any downsides for them.

I don’t think any accuracy differences(if any) would be noticed at 25. Bill has posted 50yrd and 100yrd groups on the 1911 and beretta forums. He obviously knows Berettas and has a massive collection of them, I would assume if he can tell the difference then their is probably one.
    Right, hence the word practical. I think if you have to stretch a pistol to 50 or 100 yards, presumably with a ransom rest, to determine nuances of difference between old vs new pistols, that represents a difference that I won't likely ever notice, but to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrice View Post
    Agreed on being disappointed yet again in BUSA, I'm concerned that this could be a repeat of the M9 delay from last year. I'm not sure, at this point, if I would want to go through another wait of a few months for Beretta to correct. This time it could be argued they did make the deadline but with the "incorrect" frames, so they made the deadline with "something" but it wasn't what was advertised. I've been hyped for this pistol before it was officially announced, so a delay at the last minute stings.
    I have tracking numbers. People will have guns in their hands within days.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by dtrice View Post
    I think they will be based on people seem have to been able reserve serial numbers when ordering and that should relate to the order in which the trigger job pistols are shipped. I do not know what the exact template will be(Ex: LTT prefix, etc.). Ernest would really be the best to ask, I think.
    They will look like this;

Name:  Serial numbers.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  41.7 KB
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I’m so jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    They will look like this;

Name:  Serial numbers.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  41.7 KB
    My serial number is on that list. Bad ass.

-Cory

User Tag List