Page 157 of 194 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1940

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Site Supporter
    Given the difficulty drifting beretta sights maybe I should just install a set of these:

Name:  D24E41BB-4867-4F61-B3AC-B515F1156967.jpeg
Views: 1060
Size:  23.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've done three and Beretta really puts them on there to stay.
    After using tape and cardboard in a vise with my 92FS to punch my rear sight out, I decided I'd get a MGW Sight Pro for the future. I did three sights last week, converting my WC 92s from the U notch plunge cut Wilson sight to the Les Pep sights. Was still a little tough even with a sight pusher, had to gently relieve the front of the sight's dovetail with a safe edge dovetail file to avoid using excessive force pushing the sight in.

Will probably need to adjust my LTT sights too. Somebody at the factory decided to leave the front sight almost all the way to the left and then stake it into position. I just got the pistol this week, so I haven't confirmed at the range, but my laser boresight, which has been pretty accurate on other pistols, suggests that the sights are very off. I wonder if Beretta adjusts their sights when test firing at the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Ordered Carry Bevel Elite number 2 today. Took advantage of the Father’s Day promotion to take $100 off the final price. Now, I just have to wait 4-6 weeks! Great customer service and very easy to order! Added NP3 Wilson Combat Magazine guide and Spartan front sight with Les Pepperoni rear sight. Looking forward to vetting the new one and making it my carry gun! Thanks Mr. Langdon for offering these guns and doing all the custom work!

John
    Got a tracking number from Langdon Tactical! Can’t wait until Wednesday. Elite is on the way! Super fast and well ahead of the quoted wait time. Great customer service!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    After using tape and cardboard in a vise with my 92FS to punch my rear sight out, I decided I'd get a MGW Sight Pro for the future. I did three sights last week, converting my WC 92s from the U notch plunge cut Wilson sight to the Les Pep sights. Was still a little tough even with a sight pusher, had to gently relieve the front of the sight's dovetail with a safe edge dovetail file to avoid using excessive force pushing the sight in.

Will probably need to adjust my LTT sights too. Somebody at the factory decided to leave the front sight almost all the way to the left and then stake it into position. I just got the pistol this week, so I haven't confirmed at the range, but my laser boresight, which has been pretty accurate on other pistols, suggests that the sights are very off. I wonder if Beretta adjusts their sights when test firing at the factory?
    I have a similar experience. My local dealer swapped it out for another. The second one require windage adjustment to the tea but at least the staked in front was centered.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have a similar experience. My local dealer swapped it out for another. The second one require windage adjustment to the tea but at least the staked in front was centered.
    Thankfully my LTT has a barrel that sits straight in the slide and probably won't require that much windage adjustment except to fix the off center front from the factory. I have a 92FS that came with a barrel so crooked in the slide that it rubbed against the inside of the hood. It required windage adjustment of the rear sight to the extent that slide dovetail was exposed. When I contacted Beretta, they gave me a link to their website basically explaining that the problem is cosmetic. I just bought another barrel that locked up straighter to resolve my problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Thankfully my LTT has a barrel that sits straight in the slide and probably won't require that much windage adjustment except to fix the off center front from the factory. I have a 92FS that came with a barrel so crooked in the slide that it rubbed against the inside of the hood. It required windage adjustment of the rear sight to the extent that slide dovetail was exposed. When I contacted Beretta, they gave me a link to their website basically explaining that the problem is cosmetic. I just bought another barrel that locked up straighter to resolve my problem.
    How the barrel sits in the slide is not indicative of where POI will be. I’ve seen multiple 92/96 with canted barrels that shot straight and to POIS.

The issue overall is I have seen more defective TN made Berettas than in nearly 30 years of shooting 92 /96 series guns.

What sight pusher do people recommend to remove the pinned front sights? I have given up on trying to use a punch, I destroyed an aluminum punch trying to do this already.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How the barrel sits in the slide is not indicative of where POI will be. I’ve seen multiple 92/96 with canted barrels that shot straight and to POIS.

The issue overall is I have seen more defective TN made Berettas than in nearly 30 years of shooting 92 /96 series guns.
    I've seen some cosmetically ugly (like a monkey dremeled the entire OD of the barrel for some reason on several) stuff come out of TN last year. The Italian guns I've handled have been great though.

I ordered both of my LTTs direct from LTT and both were flawless.

I ordered an NP3 Trigger Job in a Bag a few months ago and finally had a chance to install it today. I followed Ernest’s YouTube video and found the entire task easier than I thought it would be. I had assumed it would be more difficult do to all the little springs in the frame but it turns out a 92 frame isn’t too complicated.

I don’t have a trigger pull gauge so I can only describe the feel of the trigger before and after installation. I don’t have hard numbers. Prior to installing the TJIAB, the DA pull on my LTT Elite was lighter than my Army M9 but wasn’t as smooth as I wanted it to be. There was a noticeable hitch near the start of the pull. The SA was fairly light and smooth. Now, the DA pull is as smooth as I’ve ever felt a DA trigger. I don’t think the pull is any lighter but the trigger just glides along the entire length of travel. The hitch is gone. The SA trigger is now even lighter and at least as smooth as it used to be, if not more so. I haven’t had the opportunity to shoot the pistol and I’m excited to do so.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I ordered an NP3 Trigger Job in a Bag a few months ago and finally had a chance to install it today. I followed Ernest’s YouTube video and found the entire task easier than I thought it would be. I had assumed it would be more difficult do to all the little springs in the frame but it turns out a 92 frame isn’t too complicated.

I don’t have a trigger pull gauge so I can only describe the feel of the trigger before and after installation. I don’t have hard numbers. Prior to installing the TJIAB, the DA pull on my LTT Elite was lighter than my Army M9 but wasn’t as smooth as I wanted it to be. There was a noticeable hitch near the start of the pull. The SA was fairly light and smooth. Now, the DA pull is as smooth as I’ve ever felt a DA trigger. I don’t think the pull is any lighter but the trigger just glides along the entire length of travel. The hitch is gone. The SA trigger is now even lighter and at least as smooth as it used to be, if not more so. I haven’t had the opportunity to shoot the pistol and I’m excited to do so.
    If you come across any old 96 mags at work they work fine with 9mm for range use. Just say’in.

User Tag List