Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 rounds of 148 grain Wadcutters in a tidy little package.

Funny thing about squirrels.

I actually enjoy the snot out of watching them, and pretty much never shoot them. I know it is contradictory, as I will shoot the nasty little burrowing ground squirrels, that the west has by the multi-millions, but the common tree variety, I have been known to feed.

With that said, for the guys who hunt them, and in areas where a tree rat is the eastern equivalent of a jackrabbit, I fully support them. But personally, I just like watching the funny little things, and at an old house, had one that eventually would take peanuts from my hand, or a small pile next to me on the porch.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I've been known to kick back to a simpler time when not everyone felt the need to go loaded for bear. Here's my tree-rat kit.

My uncle hunts squirrel with a .32 black powder rifle. He's roughly 50x the woodsman I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    My uncle hunts squirrel with a .32 black powder rifle. He's roughly 50x the woodsman I ever was.
    When I was a kid my dad used to take me squirrel hunting with a single shot 20 gauge up until I turned 12. After that he made me hunt with a .22 Mag, needless to say the amount of squirrels I bagged went down considerably. The .22 Mag in the picture belonged to my cousin before he died and after my uncle died I bought it from his family. To this day it's my go to varmint gun and tree rat eradicator. I still don't get nearly as many squirrels as I would with the single shot 20 gauge, (which I still have by the way) but I thoroughly enjoy every single outing.

For the curious, those longer shells in the ammo wallet aren't actually .22 Magnum, those are .22 Winchester Rimfire's (.22 WRF) which is the predecessor to .22 Mag. It's a great little round that fills a niche between .22LR and .22Mag and isn't nearly as loud as a .22Mag nor does it tear up the squirrels as much.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Nothing tactical, defensive or ninja like.

Unless you are practicing your ninja-death-stalking skills, on wascally wabbits. Which wadcutters are perfect for.

Doesn't look like there's much meat on that thing.

Site Supporter
    A Model 15 is an awesome rabbit gun!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Well, that's neat… but is it for just toting some extra cartridges around to take your time digging from while shooting?

If not, I think a couple or four of loaded Speed Strips might be a little quicker to use…?

Ya ever taste a Speed Strip ?

Peppermints are mo better
    Last edited by SamAdams; 06-29-2016 at 12:02 PM.

User Tag List