Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by redbone View Post
    I think this thread was started to trick the dandies into identifying themselves. Good one, VM

Dandy, how so? Do tell.

I was pretty sore for a couple weeks breaking in the Hathorns, but after that, they've been some of the most comfortable boots Ive ever worn. Theres lots of sharp, pokey, prickly stuff where I live. I tend to wear my boots even with shorts. I get some funny looks, but I absolutely hate getting cactus spines or other sharp things stuck in my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
    Thank you so sir. These are made by a Canadian company called Viberg. They are called their Service Boot and they are on they're 2030 Last. Personally I tend to think they make the best looking boot in this particular category.
    Having spent a fair amount of time looking over boots just like those I'd have to agree. I do have a pair of color #8 Alden cap toes on the Grant last that are decent but they're on the nicer side of things. I have a pair of Taylor Stitch X Rancourt plain toes that are a similar profile but the Vibergs seem to look a bit nicer from most angles.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I was pretty sore for a couple weeks breaking in the Hathorns, but after that, they've been some of the most comfortable boots Ive ever worn. Theres lots of sharp, pokey, prickly stuff where I live. I tend to wear my boots even with shorts. I get some funny looks, but I absolutely hate getting cactus spines or other sharp things stuck in my feet.
    For the most part a majority of the boots and shoes I wear are very easy to break in. I do often wear them on carpet for about an hour for three days first however. This, the leather, the fact that they fit all do help of course.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Having spent a fair amount of time looking over boots just like those I'd have to agree. I do have a pair of color #8 Alden cap toes on the Grant last that are decent but they're on the nicer side of things. I have a pair of Taylor Stitch X Rancourt plain toes that are a similar profile but the Vibergs seem to look a bit nicer from most angles.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I too have a few shoes and boots from Alden and Rancourt is my favorite with regards to handsewns. Truman is good competition for Viberg I think, but here again in my opinion Viberg just wins and it's mostly because I like the 2030 Last.

My preference when it comes to most shoes and or boots are the English Shoemakers. Here's a couple more examples from one in particular. Crockett and Jones really knows how to make a great boot. One in cordovan and one in scotch grain.

Last edited by Dddrees; 06-19-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Barefoot shoes. For doing stuff in.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  59.2 KB
    LBT/DEFCON Syndacate Vans in MAS Grey.

Cool rifle mag!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar

I have a couple of pairs of Vibergs myself...one's set up for forestry work, one for, I guess, stomping the hell out of something?
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List