Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Shoes aren't supposed to be sized to the toes. The shoes toe "toe check" thing is BS. The shoe should be sized to the ball of the foot, so the room left will be variable.
    Yep. Arch length and bend point are how I fit boots. My arch length is 1/2 size longer than my toe length on a Brannock.

I notice that most people who complain about toe problems and conventional footwear are wearing shoes or boots that are too small.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've had these for about a week now and like them. I'm used to chukkas being soft suede and these aren't, though they're not super stiff. I estimate that they're about half-broken in. Ordering them a half-size smaller than my running shoes was about right.
    How are you liking these now, about a year later? Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How are you liking these now, about a year later? Thanks.
    I’m still liking them, they’re my favorite almost-dress shoes. They’re comfortable all day, but they’re not hiking shoes. I’m spoiled by my trail running shoes for that. I’ll probably get another pair soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    My new Thursday Boot Co. Captain boots arrived about 1 week after ordering. This was commendable given that I80 was closed a portion of the delivery time. In accordance with the web site suggestion, I ordered 1/2 size smaller than my usual athletic shoe size. The fit is good. Quality also seems excellent. Now it’s time for some break in. Best, ELN.
    How are you liking the captains? I was also looking at those. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    I would up the budget a bit and take a look at Grant Stone.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. They look nice, but they don't have a style I want right now plus, it says they're manufactured in China, which I'm not really willing to do. Budget isn't the driver here but I do like the idea of a nice boot at a reasonable price. My preference is made in the US. These are actually pretty ideal, except they don't come in wide sizes (I need a EEE or wider):

Thursday Boots Vanguard

The company's size guide seems to think I'd be ok just going up a half size. I'm skeptical. I think I might call them and dig into that though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How are you liking the captains? I was also looking at those. Thanks.
    I like them! Excellent quality and value.

Site Supporter
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

Hathorn Smoke Jumpers and fuzzy warm slippers for bird feeding.

Name:  Hathorn Smoke Jumpers and slippers.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  64.2 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

For those interested, Asolo is having a huge sale on their hiking boots and shoes. As in $240 down to $99 or more. I’m a big fan of the Nucleon, and ordered several replacement pairs.

https://www.asoloshoesusa.com
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List