Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Well damn, I ended up buying the suede Pattons I linked up thread. Right after that AE had 20% off everything so I couldn't resist. It's the same last as HM but seems to be a looser fit. Overall I like them but not as much as I thought I would. At the time I didn't see any suede options for the HM. Is there a page for the trunk show? I couldn't find anything.
    Not that I'm going to buy but I might as well look, right? [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    http://https://www.styleforum.net/th...55643/page-120

Post 1798

Site Supporter
    After nearly a year of my AE Higgins Mill sitting in the closet gathering dust, I brought them into the local AE store just before Christmas to ask what might be done about both tongues slipping inboard within 2 minutes of putting them on.... Maybe I wasn't tying them correctly? Different laces?... Dunno.

The store guy said he didn't know what could be going on, but he shipped the boots back to AE for inspection.

In mid January I received them back with new laces and they had sewn the side of the tongue to the side of the boot. They did it in a place where the stitches overlapped with existing stitches on the upper, so, no way to tell from looking at them that this had been done.

Problem solved! I wish I had taken them in sooner, but, I'm glad I did. Two thumbs up for AE CS.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Grant Stone Traveler's in navy suede. Current house shoes.Name:  20200410_160150.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  47.5 KB

maybe some of you shoe guys can help with this...

I'm wanting a pair of BASS Weejuns because:reasons. There are a couple of versions I'm interested in, and I seem to be getting nowhere. I went to the local "outlet" store to find that they appeared to be in the midst of either a move or shutting down, and selection was shit. Then I ordered a couple of models/sizes online based on my limited sizing experience at the outlet store only to have them cancel part of the order and then continuously email me to tell me that the balance of the order is on backorder.

I see some things listed on Amazon but the sizing options have me suspect as to what I'd be getting if I ordered from there.

Any ideas where I can find some in-stock that would also allow for returns if I order two sizes of two models and then return 3 of them?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Bass factory Outlet on line.

https://www.ghbass.com/category/bass+weejuns.do

Lands end and LL bean will likely have something as well.

DB

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    They have the same backorder issue. It's effectively where I ordered from the first time.

Lands end and LL bean will likely have something as well.

DB
    I'll have to check those, thanks.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    I suspect as they moved their manufacturing offshore, supply chain issues are rearing their heads.

Zappos is easy peasy re shipping/returns. I acknowledge that Bass is not a listed brand but there are several functional equivalents.

https://www.zappos.com/penny-loafer

Way too many new boots to update with all at once. Just got a pair of Viberg Boondockers in hunter green rough out though and really digging them. They might be my favorites here soon enough.

Name:  110319861_10123292164018484_6091210248210576959_n.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  101.0 KB
    Name:  110320090_10123292163993534_8068284479523219178_n.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  101.6 KB

I also grabbed a pair of the bourbon shell service boots and the color #2 service boots.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I suspect as they moved their manufacturing offshore, supply chain issues are rearing their heads.

Zappos is easy peasy re shipping/returns. I acknowledge that Bass is not a listed brand but there are several functional equivalents.

https://www.zappos.com/penny-loafer
    Yep, had checked there first. Unfortunately I specifically want Bass Weejuns (and to compound issues, not all Bass are Weejuns).

Site Supporter
    AE Higgins Mills.
    Name:  20200804_125149.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  29.6 KB

User Tag List