Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    My favorites, Hathorn Smoke Jumpers. Can work or walk all day and my feet don't hurt.

My dress boots aren't at hand.

]
    I'm not that familiar with Hawthorne boots as I am with Viberg, Truman, Whites, Nicks, Redwing, and Wolverine. But those look like some pretty hearty boots.

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    These are very nice.
    Thank you so sir. These are made by a Canadian company called Viberg. They are called their Service Boot and they are on they're 2030 Last. Personally I tend to think they make the best looking boot in this particular category.

Hathorn is owned by Whites, and is a step below them in overall quality and toughness from what my dealer says. Also a step below in price. Whites just weren't in my budget. I used to wear Red Wing Loggers, but the quality seems to have cratered the past decade or more. They used to last quite a long time, the last two pair I had, one lasted less than 2 years I believe, the last one less than a year. My dealer got me a full refund and I applied it to the Hathorns. Ive had them rebuilt once, and they need it again. If I took better care of them theyd last longer. I seem to be hard on boots though, or was when I was working and out in the hills all the time.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-19-2016 at 06:39 PM.

I think this thread was started to trick the dandies into identifying themselves. Good one, VM

I do like a wide range of different shoes and it's always nice to have a few in other colors besides brown.

I can only imagine what kind of clothes you have to go with those fancy shoes. I've never owned or wore a suit/tuxedo. I think I owned a pair of dress pants once, not sure though.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I can only imagine what kind of clothes you have to go with those fancy shoes. I've never owned or wore a suit/tuxedo. I think I owned a pair of dress pants once, not sure though.
    Dress pants, that's black Levis isn't it? To be worn with your good dress cowboy boots.

I did have a couple pair of Rios of Mercedes handmade boots. Both were gifts. Sadly, I wore them both out. They don't give much ankle support though, I broke my foot once in the Rios boots stepping on a rock that rolled.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-19-2016 at 06:43 PM.

I tried to just say nice kakhis. But I don't know how to spell it, my spell checker isnt working for me, and I'm too lazy to google it. But no, I don't do the black jeans thing lol
    Last edited by Luke; 06-19-2016 at 06:43 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Hathorn is owned by Whites, Whites just weren't in my budget. I used to wear Red Wing Loggers, but the quality seems to have cratered the past decade or more. They used to last quite a long time, the last two pair I had, one lasted less than 2 years I believe, the last one less than a year. My dealer got me a full refund and I applied it to the Hathorns. Ive had them rebuilt once, and they need it again. If I took better care of them theyd last longer. I seem to be hard on boots though, or was when I was working and out in the hills all the time.
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that or it's possible I heard that and forgotten. I came close to purchasing some from Whites but after buying that pair from Viberg I would probably buy another from Viberg instead of one from Whites. I've heard that about Redwing although the two Beckmans I purchased a few years ago I am pretty happy with those. Hard to break in though, but darn tough boots. I did wear them for about an hour for a few weeks straight every. Day before wearing for the full day however. Still sore after wearing the full day and mostly I was sitting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Not always, and you would be surprised possibly with what I wear with jeans. Besides all of the boots I've shown so far are actually more casual than dress.

User Tag List