Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    No worries. I think I just should've worn them barefoot in the house for a week before I took them outside with the Spencos. Plus, I'm barefoot 5-8 hours a day, so it's always a shock.
    Your feets are spoiled from running around nekid so much.

I like flip flops or slippers around the house or to feed the birds in the morning, but much more than that and boots go on. Too much pointy, stabby pokey stuff around here. Little prickly pear cactus, the needle-like tumbleweed thorns that seem to find a way into my feet and other assorted nasties have made me wear my loggers or smoke jumpers even with shorts. And bugs. Like scorpions and black widows. Rattly snakes. Boots. Romp-em, stomp-em, make-em flat and dead boots. Havent stomped any snakes, but getting hit in a boot seems preferable to flip flops or anything light weight.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You're barefoot that often and long and need insoles? I know myself and a few others who've gone to minimalist shoes have been able to lose the insoles all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never needed insoles before, but there is a rise and the cork, although terrific for all terrains so far, is not cushiony nor is the interior of the shoe. I too wear minimalist shoes when it comes to sneakers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I've never needed insoles before, but there is a rise and the cork, although terrific for all terrains so far, is not cushiony nor is the interior of the shoe. I too wear minimalist shoes when it comes to sneakers.

I've been wearing mine with medium wool socks and that seems to help. Sure they don't have much cushion, but neither do my dress shoes. I already have Matterhorns for stomping and Gore Tex Merrels for lighter duty. Has the footbed molded to the shape of your foot yet?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I've been wearing mine with medium wool socks and that seems to help. Sure they don't have much cushion, but neither do my dress shoes. I already have Matterhorns for stomping and Gore Tex Merrels for lighter duty. Has the footbed molded to the shape of your foot yet?
    Not the Spencos. I assume that's what you're referring to, right?

Last edited by BaiHu; 11-12-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Not the Spencos. I assume that's what you're referring to, right?

Correct

Site Supporter
    Black Alden Indys with commando soles.

Correct
    In case I've confused us more, the Spencos nor the shoe has conformed yet. I'm too light? Lol!

After a good bit of research on that subject, I find myself really, really wanting to try out a pair of minimalist type boots, and have settled on trying a pair of double soled Arrow moccasins. Anyone ever tried anything like that?

In case I've confused us more, the Spencos nor the shoe has conformed yet. I'm too light? Lol!

Ok just curious. My boots have already started conforming to my feet after less than a week. The real challenge was sizing them. I had to order 8 different pairs before I got a set that fit correctly (ended up 2 whole sizes smaller and 2E). Luckily, I didn't give up cuz I dig these for a casual boot.

Ok just curious. My boots have already started conforming to my feet after less than a week. The real challenge was sizing them. I had to order 8 different pairs before I got a set that fit correctly (ended up 2 whole sizes smaller and 2E). Luckily, I didn't give up cuz I dig these for a casual boot.
    Maybe I am too light? [emoji19]
    On a serious note, how'd you break them in? I just wore them in. Like I said, the everything is wearing in fine other than the inside/insole.

User Tag List