Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    A few days breaking them in without Spencos made me really appreciate the last 30 minutes with the Spencos in. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Those look nice. Are those the Iron Rangers, you were looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Those look nice. Are those the Iron Rangers, you were looking at?
    Yup. Amber color and they were 266 down from 320 on Amazon.

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Yup. Amber color and they were 266 down from 320 on Amazon.

Do they fit normal or do they run big/small.
    My merells I wear a 13 Doc's are the same, but Nike is a 12. How do the sizes compare to other brands"

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Do they fit normal or do they run big/small.
    My merells I wear a 13 Doc's are the same, but Nike is a 12. How do the sizes compare to other brands"
    I'm a bizarre Hobbit with high arches. I'm probably a 7.5 EEE, but I fit in an 8D well because the volume is close and allows for the Spencos to fit beneath my feet without causing me trouble. The ankle area is probably going to take longer to break in over the sole. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
    Actually I really don't care what anyone thinks with regards to what I own. I have a few passions and this is one of them. I like really nice footwear, dressing nice, and putting my best foot forward puts a smile on my face. So if you or anyone else for that matter doesn't like it that's just fine with me. But if there were some here that wished to share in the same passion that would have been just fine, but if not that would have been Ok too.

However it appears there are some here that would rather act like children instead of adults. I initially joined the site because I was curious and had a desire to check it out. I may have joined and posted to quickly. Because frankly I have no need nor no desire to deal with a bunch of people who want to act like bunch of children. This site may allow this type of thing but I have no desire to waste my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
    That's cool, another enthusiast.

But we differ on the other point you made. I look at this as a matter of civility and just simply acting like an adult. You can try to rationalize it anyway you wish too, but I don't find any excuse for it.
    My friend, I don't know if you are still around, but these posts are more telling than the shoes. Personally the shoes, while nice, are not my taste and my footwear may not be what you prefer, but lets not bunch up our panties over it. I take diversity as a good thing and I really hope no one here stops being who they are, within the bounds of civility or common courtesy. Having said that, if we cannot find humor about our differences or within ourselves, life comes to the point where we seem to be this day in age with all the correctness that is killing us as people.

Some of you fellas do have some dandy shoes. Just as long as we don't get into skinny jeans / pants I will be fine. Or maybe as an older, errr more seasoned guy with a body type that wouldn't do well in a pair of dandy shoes and skinny jeans, maybe I am just jealous.. Probably not though.

I have a pair of thorogoods that are 4 years old and I beat the piss out of them. Wipe em off and condition them and they look great still.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I've really been enjoying my brown Allen Edmonds Normandy Boots. Super comfortable, love the old school look.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've really been enjoying my brown Allen Edmonds Normandy Boots. Super comfortable, love the old school look.

Those are nice! How was the break in period? I've been wearing my Redwings exclusively for about a week, and half of that with Spencos in them and I can't wait for them to soften up.

I lived in these boots when they released; they softened up quick. That kudu leather upper is particularly supple.

I discovered Allen Edmonds a few years back; the brand slowly took over my closet. I really like the Dainite rubber sole option for their dress shoes.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-24-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List